Desire to See a New PT/VG tank Cooldown

ScytheEleven

When Shadows were the only tank with a cheesing mechanism, it wasn't really required, but, now that Guardians have one as well, it's, honestly, something that should be standard across all tanks.

Yeah, the whole balancing issue is not caused by the vg/pt class but by the kick in the nuts shadows/sins are taking and the super buff jugg/guardians got, in this case specifically its saber reflect because it was something that, other than MAYBE for threat building it was not necessary at all for the class.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not put a talent in the tank tree that increases the Adrenaline Rush trigger to 50% health (or thereabouts)?

AR is just really wonky to use. The apparent intent is that you put it up well ahead of time so that it automatically triggers when needed. However, the short duration of the Fired Up buff (60s) compared to the cooldown (180s) means if you use it that way you stand a pretty good chance of wasting it. I don't activate it until I am very close to or already below 30%, but that means I'm taking a much bigger risk (that I don't activate it in time) that the whole "Fired Up" mechanic was supposed to obviate.

The other issue with AR is at 30% health you are very vulnerable to being one-shotted. You don't want to get the "big heal" from it, because that means you stand a large chance of dying.

If the trigger were at 50% I would actually be fine sacrificing the small heals over the trigger.

It also might be a good idea to redesign the trigger in general; make AR go on cooldown as soon as used, and make Fired Up last most or all of the cooldown duration. (Possibly even make the ability passive!)

Perhaps I will get flamed for bringing up WoW but I'll do it anyhow. Does anyone else remember Paladin Tanking in BC? Paladins didn't have the same sort of CDs as Warriors or Druids but instead had a passive proc which up shield chance a significant amount (I recall is sitting around 97% when procced). The proc lasted 2-3 seconds and was available every 10-15 seconds (Redoubt I believe it was called...let me look into that...)

Okay Redoubt increased chance to Block (shield) by 30% for 10 seconds or 5 blocks. This in turn was boosted by other talents but it was sort of the theme. I do remember seeing my block hit <95% for a few seconds pretty regularly. Its not a cooldown but it definitely fits into the PT tree and would make sense as something called Automatic Defense Protocol or something like that. Its not a constant so it doesn't aid the "smoothness" and its not a CD but it does give them more survivability. Flame or correct away.

Would love to see a cheesing mechanic for VG, particularly after getting gibbed by HM Xeno's thermal tolerance at 10.2k per tick and that's with reactive shield up, couldn't even make Los fast enough. Meanwhile the guardian and shadow tanks in my guild shrug of thermal with their CDs like it was nothing. Edited by Zoom_VI

Would love to see a cheesing mechanic for VG, particularly after getting gibbed by HM Xeno's thermal tolerance at 10.2k per tick and that's with reactive shield up, couldn't even make Los fast enough. Meanwhile the guardian and shadow tanks in my guild shrug of thermal with their CDs like it was nothing.

You're supposed to break LoS, not just raw tank it.

Would love to see a cheesing mechanic for VG, particularly after getting gibbed by HM Xeno's thermal tolerance at 10.2k per tick and that's with reactive shield up, couldn't even make Los fast enough. Meanwhile the guardian and shadow tanks in my guild shrug of thermal with their CDs like it was nothing.

I really wanna see that, how your shadow tanks shrug it without LOS. You have to phasewalk behind a pillar now, jesse sky made sure of it. At level 50 shadows were laughing at Xeno, now its Guardians that are laughing.

I really wanna see that, how your shadow tanks shrug it without LOS. You have to phasewalk behind a pillar now, jesse sky made sure of it. At level 50 shadows were laughing at Xeno, now its Guardians that are laughing.

What incompetent way is everyone else doing Xeno? Sin tanks cloak out as soon as the Thermal Tolerance channel starts. You get one stack of 20% damage increase debuff, and can even taunt the boss right back and continue tanking just fine with 1 stack.

If you're a Jugg or PT tank you need to tank Xeno from range when you know the Thermal Tolerance is coming and run behind one of the pillars. You do this because otherwise you end up with a massive damage taken increase debuff that gimps your raid if you let it ride up to 10 stacks. If you screw up the timing popping a cooldown and either interceding to ranged or hitting hydraulic overrides should help you get behind a pillar before 10 stacks.

What incompetent way is everyone else doing Xeno? Sin tanks cloak out as soon as the Thermal Tolerance channel starts.

Depend upon your DPS, Thermal Tolerance will actually start before Force Cloak comes off of CD. Since Resilience is so unreliable, the only real way to do it as a Shadow is Phase Walk.