Crafted gear for Tier 5 (Fall Roadmap 2018)

Lundorff

This Fall, we’re also adding the next Tier of gear for your characters. Tier 5 gear is different in that you will only be able to craft them from schematics. More information to come on how you can acquire these new schematics!

So... what does this mean for PVP I wonder.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing you will need encrypted memory core's and charged matter transubstantiator's to craft the new gear

They specifically say "Crafted Tier 5 Gear – make your own top tier gear after obtaining rare schematics and new crafting materials"

So new mats. No need to rush to the GTN and buy up anything.

The real question is: Can we buy these new mats with unassembled components, and where do we get these schematics exactly?

If we have to rely just on RNG to get schematics, that will probably be the last nail for SWTOR. My guess (hope) is that both the crafting mats and the schematics will be purchased with UC, as well as random chances of both from Tier 4 crates. This system might actually help new players, as they could theoretically have gear pieces that skip straight to T5.

I'm also hoping for a much larger diversity in certain mods and enhancements with this new system. Some are incredibly rare at the moment since the T1-T4 set pieces don't have them.

It was already the case with the new augments, nothing new. I'm so tired of this ****.

I never buy off the CM now, and been gearing up with the new augs slowly over time just by working my tradeskills.

It's not fast, but I see it as something to work toward anyway. I don't think it's fair to say players have to buy CM items to sell for credits just to gear.

It means most people will have to buy CM items to sell on the GTN to make enough credits to buy the gear or the mats. P2W.

You keep saying this, but I buy none of my mats off the GTN. I win mats and I craft it myself. If you're buying off the GTN then you are extremely rich, or a big *********** whale.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

If you have no interest on crafting there is another way of getting the new gear.

Buy cc, sell on gtn, buy gear from gtn. P2W all the way boys ( and girls) and i am not overselling this.

My guess is the good sellers are going to have a boom time considering it’s cheaper to buy it (and more reliable return) than convert CC to credits.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Just buff bolster to 252 or whatever the **** the new level will be and be done with it.

This.

If they really want to maintain some gear progression for PVP, an alternative to bolstering to or above the max rating would be an additional stat cap similar to how level sync works. Sync everyone down to 246 rating, so there still is some room for pvp gear progression. A rating of 248+ will then only be relevant for raids.

Edited by Mubrak