life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

Already gave some of my thoughts about this on another thread.

Up until now I've pretty much been a big supporter of the Cartel Market.

I'm now somewhat speechless and almost don't know what more to say other than 'WOW' and :confused:

No events? Charging for disposable fireworks I had thought were only going to be free? Had been looking forward to this day thinking I was going to have a good festive time firing off all mine at once but now, if they give us some "free" ones for subscribing, they're going strait to the GTN.

Think I may be smelling the coffee for the first time. Fear I helped grow this monster by spending too much money buying CC. I'm sorry.

^ This how I feel. I have also been a support of the Cartel Market, but this just make me :mad:

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost... I know what a PS3 looks like. I can even go to the store now and buy one. Doesn't change the fact that it's a secret if my wife got me one for X-Mas this year, if I don't know that's what she got me. The gift is the secret, not necessarily what the gift could possibly be.

So your wife would just sit there an let you buy a PS3 then still give you it on Christmas? :confused:

Secondly, where does this 4 months worth of sub coins for ONE pack for ONE character number come from? What are we considering a pack here?

The discounted pack is 2400 for everything, that's 4 months of subsciber coins, per character you buy them for.

If you bought just the clothes and speeder seperately they'd be 2760 cartel coins.

So the pack IS the cheapest way to buy them, it's just extortionately expensive as it is. :mad:

There is no list of what we can find in the Blockade Runner's pack. That's what I think the lad meant.

Ah, in that case yeah that, I guess, will only come about once datamined or enough people have bought the pack.

They aren't even clear as to whether old rares drop with this new pack.

Ah, in that case yeah that, I guess, will only come about once datamined or enough people have bought the pack.

Every time new pack is released there should be a proper list of what it may contain. Otherwise it's a pure scam... -_-

That was kind of my point. Why are people whinging about there not being any event? You have more things to buy in the Cartel Market and a new Warzone to play around with. Just take it for what it is and get on with it.

Assume makes an... you get the point.

;)

I've no idea how there not being a Life Day event make this behaviour better............... can you explain it please? :confused:

They say the rares don't drop from the same packs but I did get an old speeder [ubrikki Crimson Claw].. (Yes I know it's not a rare item)

Edited by H-aTreD

So... just got a look at the life items and the pack... lol! This thread now takes on a new meaning.

I wouldn't pay one cred or coin for the Life Day items for sale. The only thing remotely appealing is the speeder and those lights will get old fast.

So being insulted for not getting these items as a freebie isn't even a remote possibility. Now... what might be insulting is that BW thinks these items will be big sellers.

But meh... it's a big joke. I've bigger fish to fry.

The game is back up. The life robe is just a big solid red get-up. It's nothing new, and it's solid red. The new speeder is comically Christmas. To me, they have no value. My expectations were higher than this...

Just got back from looking at the speeder as well. Price isn't even the issue. Looks like cheap user-made content from The Sims 3.

I get that they started down the slippery slope of P2W...but, at the moment, I don't care because it's the stupid space stuff. I tried really hard to enjoy that part of the game, but it's just so boring I cannot even force myself to do it. Edited by Radzkie

Subs get complete access to the game, no other unlocks needed.

Most, if not all, of the items from the Cartel Market can be sold on the GTN. You can buy said items without spending a dime.

While the lack of a Life Day event sucks, Bioware providing items via the Cartel Market doesn't seem like an issue to me at all.

So your wife would just sit there an let you buy a PS3 then still give you it on Christmas? :confused:[/Quote]Very possibly. Not the most concrete analogy, but you're misconstruing the point. I know what a PS3 is, and I could buy one now if I wanted. As long as I don't know what my wife is getting me (which may or may not be a PS3), the gift itself still remains a secret. The claim was that by us seeing available items in the cartel market, there's no way anything EAware does for us is a secret anymore.

I know what a Ninja is, but if I don't see one in the shadows about to kill me, it's still a secret.

I know where Las Vegas is, but if I don't know my best friend has plane tickets and a hotel booked for my birthday there, it's still a secret.

I know what's in the Cartel Market, but if I don't know what I could be getting (if anything), come closer to Life Day... it's still a secret. Just like in the theme of the holiday it's modeled after.

Edited by Nythain

First and foremost... I know what a PS3 looks like. I can even go to the store now and buy one. Doesn't change the fact that it's a secret if my wife got me one for X-Mas this year, if I don't know that's what she got me. The gift is the secret, not necessarily what the gift could possibly be.

Secondly, where does this 4 months worth of sub coins for ONE pack for ONE character number come from? What are we considering a pack here?

A full set of gear is 960 CC. That's a smidge less than 2 months for me (I've been getting 500/mo, is this not right?).

A "Blockade Runner Cartel Pack" is 360 CC. That's less than 1 month for me.

I do see that you can buy the whole daffy kit and kaboodle, not sure if I'd call that ONE pack, since it's actually a collection of many packs, for an obscene amount of CC. Rather misleading if that's what you're referring to there though, since it's in fact about 5 packs... I rather like their word usage "bundle".

But no one is forcing you to buy the whole kit and kaboodle here. Do you really need some tinsel bombs? And a holo tree? Ok, so the holo tree is sort of cool, but obtained on it's own for a lot less than the whole frakkin bundle. My point being that if you want everything and the kitchen sink, expect to pay a lot for everything and the kitchen sink, but don't make it sound like you have to pay for everything and the kitchen sink just to enjoy this event.

With 1 month of cartel coins awarded for my subscription, and a small 4.99 micro transaction, I can obtain the unique equipment! Yay.

With that same one month, if I didn't want to spend 4.99 more for a full set of unique equipment, I could instead try my luck with a cartel pack, and possibly get at least one piece of the equipment, and some other snazzy stuff! Yay.

1 month of cartel coins also buys a lot of fireworks and festivities if "participating in a holiday event" is all I really care about, as so many have claimed their disgusted about having to pay for.

If my 15 current speeders (number exaggerated for dramatization) just don't excite me anymore, I can spend a little bit and get a fun new unique speeder! Yay.

All of these listed things are currently less than 4 months worth of awarded Cartel Coins. And some of them even have the word "Pack" in their name.

And again, there's no telling what <Mythical Life Day Figure here> might leave in my mailbox on Life Day itself, if anything...

Sure, if my girlfriend bought me a Cartel pack with her money as a present Id have no complaints. But Im buying it with my money for me and not as a present. So your "secret gift" doesnt really make sense.

Youre absolutly right, nobody is forcing me to buy anything. Its just that after a year of subbing I will be excluded from an event, kinda unthankful from BioWare dont you think? This isnt just some random armor or pretty color crystal, this is an event thing.

And yes, when talking about the 4 months worth we are talking about the whole thing. As it should be! I dont mind the speeder costing extra or the glitter stuff costing extra, its the robes, the orb, the tree and things like that that actually matter in this case. Your point is invalid

Subs get complete access to the game, no other unlocks needed.

Most, if not all, of the items from the Cartel Market can be sold on the GTN. You can buy said items without spending a dime.

While the lack of a Life Day event sucks, Bioware providing items via the Cartel Market doesn't seem like an issue to me at all.

Finally someone with enough maturity to not let stupid things get under their skin and feel the need to rage over the silliest things.

I just want to point out a few things.

1. Those of you who are subbing and not buying cartel coins are no longer paying for the game as far as EA is concerned. In fact you are effectively paying them less than you were previously.

2. The cartel market is what is paying for this game now, the sub income is a secondary concern if that.

3.It's EA were you really expecting better from them, their idea of good customer service is pointing out they only played "just the tip" and didn't go all out.

15 bullet points for cartel shop.

1 bullet point for bugfix... and it's a bug with with the cartel shop.

Comprehensive reading my friend.. total amount of bug fix lines are:

• One-handed blasters and Lightsabers found in Cartel Packs can now be used in both the main hand and off-hand equipment slots.
  • Players who previously unlearned a Crew Skill no longer lose schematics when learning new schematics from reverse engineering.
  • Companion gear no longer alters player character stats when modified.
  • A tooltip issue that caused identical items in the inventory to appear to count towards a set bonus (even when not equipped) has been corrected.
  • Bolster now appears as a positive effect that cannot be removed by the player (instead of as a negative effect).
  • Imperial Agents, Sith Inquisitors, and Jedi Consulars can now swap Power Conversion Modules by right-clicking them.
  • The friends list no longer occasionally shows some friends as always offline.
  • Players no longer occasionally see other players on their personal starship.

I count 8.. the one you mention that has to do with the Cartel Market is because that "Bug Fixes" paragraph was a sub paragraph of... the Cartel Market changes.

Next time, read before you write please.

I get that they started down the slippery slope of P2W...but, at the moment, I don't care because it's the stupid space stuff. I tried really hard to enjoy that part of the game, but it's just so boring I cannot even force myself to do it.

You should try again, i'm having a blast right now trying them, and as far as i tried they can be done with grade 6 stuff.

I've no idea how there not being a Life Day event make this behaviour better............... can you explain it please? :confused:

I never stated that it was better for not having an event - my implication was to state the fact that it's no worse and that the whining that we've seen in the mere matter of minutes since 1.6 was released is immature and quite frankly, uncalled for.

I would agree that the items they added on the Carter Market are hugely overpriced, but they are merely vanity items and in no way, shape, or form do they necessitate being owned in order to enjoy yourself.

Sure, if my girlfriend bought me a Cartel pack with her money as a present Id have no complaints. But Im buying it with my money for me and not as a present. So your "secret gift" doesnt really make sense.
My point had little to do with other people buying you cartel coins or a cartel pack, and more to do with we don't know, and shouldn't know, what Life Day will bring us from the developers. This claim is made on the fact that Life Day is modeled after X-Mas, another holiday where you don't know, and shouldn't know, exactly what you are getting, if anything, until the day comes. They could very well still be keeping a "secret" from us, in the sense of one or more of the limited time items arriving in our mailbox, or a special one week only event, etc.

Youre absolutly right, nobody is forcing me to buy anything. Its just that after a year of subbing I will be excluded from an event, kinda unthankful from BioWare dont you think? This isnt just some random armor or pretty color crystal, this is an event thing.
You haven't been excluded yet. The event has just started, it's still the beginning of the month. So they added some fun limited time items to the Cartel Market. That's a natural way to try to make some money. Something companies do. There's still plenty of time for subscriber events or gifts to be implemented, so there's no reason for the rage dial at 11 (a comment I made earlier, and my only real point... all this hostility and disgust and complaining is really too pre-emptive).

And yes, when talking about the 4 months worth we are talking about the whole thing. As it should be! I dont mind the speeder costing extra or the glitter stuff costing extra, its the robes, the orb, the tree and things like that that actually matter in this case. Your point is invalid
I didn't have a point really. I was curious what you were considering ONE pack for ONE character. There was so much emphasis on ONE that it is really misleading when I found out by ONE pack, you were referring to purchasing everything they made available, which includes multiple packs and items. That point is not invalid, as you were in fact referring to the bundle, that includes everything, and not the ONE item with the ONE word "pack" in it's name.

Ya it stinks, good thing is I'm smart enough to not get pulled in by this crap, unfortunately our stupid bretheren aren't so lucky and will buy all the crap they put up, giving Bioware further motivation to just keep doing it.

Yep, im not sure who is worse, BW or theese sheeps

The Grade 7 Starship Defensive Bundle contains defensive upgrades that will protect your ship during the most difficult missions! Cost: 400 Cartel Coins.

Purchase the Grade 7 Starship Offensive Bundle to give your ship enhanced firepower! Cost: 550 Cartel Coins.

The Grade 7 Starship Tactical Bundle contains powerful upgrades for your personal starship. Cost: 350 Cartel Coins.

Even Cybertech affected now. What's next? :rolleyes: