Is it getting harder to complete conquests?

hipoenormous

Is it just me who thinks that earning conquest points is getting harder and harder? I mean this week I have no idea how I'm going to earn enough points to complete my conquest objective on one character, not to mention all my alts. For the first time I seriously thought about de-subbing. If this continues I may as well do that.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what a conquest is. I rack up thousands of these points, but what are they even for?

If you play mostly guild-less solo, they give a packet of rewards (noted on the Conquest tab on the Mission Log panel) on each character that accumulates 50K points (formerly 15K) between some time onTuesday and about a week later (the exact day and time of the beginning and end of the cycle has changed over time, but I think that it's currently 6pm GMT / UTC on Tuesday until 11am the following Tuesday). This personal reward arrives in a mission-completion reward popup at the moment you make the 50K target, not at the end of the cycle.

If you play in a guild, the guild leader can select a planet from the list and "invade" it, and *then* if the accumulated totals earned by all the guild-member characters during that cycle exceeds the planet-specific guild total, all individual member-characters who *also* made their personal totals will get a planet-specific reward at the end of the cycle (approximately). If your guild makes the highest point total for that planet (highest that week, not a new total record), you win the planet, and the following week, all players who go there will see that your guild controls the planet.

EDIT: The first guild win you get for a particular planet on your legacy grants a "Conqueror of {planet}" legacy title. END

Certain high-tier crafting materials can only be acquired from conquest rewards.

EDIT: Important: the structure of Conquest heavily favours large guilds, especially ones with lots of active players, and even more after 6.0 than before.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

If you play mostly guild-less solo, they give a packet of rewards (noted on the Conquest tab on the Mission Log panel) on each character that accumulates 50K points (formerly 15K) between some time onTuesday and about a week later (the exact day and time of the beginning and end of the cycle has changed over time, but I think that it's currently 6pm GMT / UTC on Tuesday until 11am the following Tuesday). This personal reward arrives in a mission-completion reward popup at the moment you make the 50K target, not at the end of the cycle.

If you play in a guild, the guild leader can select a planet from the list and "invade" it, and *then* if the accumulated totals earned by all the guild-member characters during that cycle exceeds the planet-specific guild total, all individual member-characters who *also* made their personal totals will get a planet-specific reward at the end of the cycle (approximately). If your guild makes the highest point total for that planet (highest that week, not a new total record), you win the planet, and the following week, all players who go there will see that your guild controls the planet.

Certain high-tier crafting materials can only be acquired from conquest rewards.

This thing : https://res.cloudinary.com/lmn/image/upload/fl_lossy,q_80/f_auto,w_640,h_360,c_limit/v1/gameskinnyop/d/d/f/ddf14f742006f1d738b40fe0a7aab7f3.jpg

???

So beside crafting mats, do you get any others fun goodies ? Or its just crafting stuff ?

This thing : https://res.cloudinary.com/lmn/image/upload/fl_lossy,q_80/f_auto,w_640,h_360,c_limit/v1/gameskinnyop/d/d/f/ddf14f742006f1d738b40fe0a7aab7f3.jpg

???

So beside crafting mats, do you get any others fun goodies ? Or its just crafting stuff ?

It's mostly crafting mats, although there's a "sell-for-credits" token, some actual credits(1), a packet of XP or Renown XP, and some crafting-oriented (material-gathering) decorations. Mouse over the rewards in section 3 of your image, although that's an old version of the panel.

https://i.imgur.com/a8fAaWN.jpg shows the personal panel on a below-75 character, showing the rewards upper right:

* (Round thing) A box containing three or four material-gathering decorations.

* (Yellow triangle) A token that can be (and should be) (and is intended to be) sold to a vendor for credits.

* (Purple swirly) Two "Solid Resource Matrix" crafting materials for Grade 11 (601+) crafting.

* (Blue/grey) Blue Jawa materials tokens. Exchange for materials or companion gifts at the Jawa vendors in the Cartel Bazaar area of the Fleet.

* (Green/grey) Green Jawa tokens. Exchange in the same way.

https://i.imgur.com/fN5xzlA.jpg is the same panel for a level 75 character. The Jawa tokens are replaced by Tech Fragments and a random-gear box.

(1) Yes, a token you can sell for credits *and* some actual credits.

Read this thread and for kicks and giggles logged in on my main. I did "normal" game stuff by doing Onderon, CZ-198, and Ziost dailies. No FPs or anything.

Typical gameplay: looted everything, chatted with guildies, had an objective stolen by a scummy player so had to wait around for a respawn, had to switch instances because of broken quest objectives, etc.

Total time: 1 hour and 15 mins

CQ pts, with boost: Just over 24k

So based on that it would take roughly 2 hours to make 50k.

However, I ran a SINGLE FP after the 3 world dailies and made another 16k, so I'm at 40k after just an hour and a half of gameplay.

Anyone who says 50k is hard just isn't playing the game, simple as that.

It's mostly crafting mats, although there's a "sell-for-credits" token, some actual credits(1), a packet of XP or Renown XP, and some crafting-oriented (material-gathering) decorations. Mouse over the rewards in section 3 of your image, although that's an old version of the panel.

https://i.imgur.com/a8fAaWN.jpg shows the personal panel on a below-75 character, showing the rewards upper right:

* (Round thing) A box containing three or four material-gathering decorations.

* (Yellow triangle) A token that can be (and should be) (and is intended to be) sold to a vendor for credits.

* (Purple swirly) Two "Solid Resource Matrix" crafting materials for Grade 11 (601+) crafting.

* (Blue/grey) Blue Jawa materials tokens. Exchange for materials or companion gifts at the Jawa vendors in the Cartel Bazaar area of the Fleet.

* (Green/grey) Green Jawa tokens. Exchange in the same way.

https://i.imgur.com/fN5xzlA.jpg is the same panel for a level 75 character. The Jawa tokens are replaced by Tech Fragments and a random-gear box.

(1) Yes, a token you can sell for credits *and* some actual credits.

So how do you know from that Left list of stuff, which are the Solo stuff ??

Btw thanx for clearing this up for us :D

I did personal conquest for the first time last week, purely because I'd been doing the Bounty Hunting stuff and kept getting notifications of having completed a Conquest objective which made me look into it more. It wasn't bad. This week the big points do rely on group play but you can also craft stuff, run any KOTFEET chapter, do Battle of Ilum each day on any difficulty (thus solo/story too) and so on. Plus just doing game activities like killing mobs, Onderon dailies etc. will net you points too. A lot of that is repeatable too, either 100x per day if you want to, or daily reset, so while the point reward may be smaller it does add up quick. Edited by JennyFlynn

So how do you know from that Left list of stuff, which are the Solo stuff ??

Btw thanx for clearing this up for us :D

Crafting, chapters, loyalist sweaps are typical solo activities

Operations, activitiy finder stuff, PvP are typical group activities

the occasional (story mode) flashpoint and/or Heroic missions can be completed solo or in a group

Random comments...

Completing a conquest on a character at 75 grants a reward box with one guaranteed set item / tactical along with several other random items (based on irating), 25K credits, a couple of conquest mats (2x solid matrix), and 3 decorations that can be harvested for materials (random crew skills / all lower grades).

Completing a conquest in a guild meeting the weekly target based on planet size (large, medium, small) grants another reward box with guaranteed set item / tactical (large 3, medium 2, small 1), more conquest mats (large 4, medium 3, small 2), more credits (150K large, 100K medium, 50K small), flagship encryptions (used to unlock guild ship rooms), and items used for guild perks.

Meeting conquest on one character is not difficult, though depending on the objectives for the week, may require playing content not normally played (like if the focus is crafting versus flashpoints versus PVP).

Meeting conquest on multiple characters can be a challenge as many of the higher point items are once per legacy per conquest or once per day (and sometimes difficult to micromanage), with the repeatable items awarding very little conquest points.

Having three or more strongholds makes the conquest goal significantly easier to reach as each stronghold boosts conquest points by 50%, for a max boost of 150%.

Guilds have perks that may help members reach conquest including small bonuses and unlocks for additional objectives.

Edited by DawnAskham

Having three or more strongholds makes the conquest goal significantly easier to reach as each stronghold boosts conquest points by 50%, for a max boost of 150%.

Unless they changed it for 6.0, the numbers here are wrong.

Before 6.0, it was up to 25% per stronghold to a maximum of 150%. "Up to 25%?" If you unlock half the rooms (with the initial purchase counting as one room), you get half the bonus for that stronghold.

So: six completely unlocked strongholds.

Oh, and if you had multiple copies of a stronghold as a result of the 2017 server merges, only the most-unlocked copy of that one counts. I also think that DK only counts for Impsiders, and Coruscant for Pubsiders, although I may be wrong there. I've had all eight unlocked and completely opened for a long, long time.

well I just tried it right now..it say 'Master Chapter: Complete 1 chapter from either Kotfe and Kotet .

So I picked the chapter where you recruit Kaliyo ? cose I like her, and seemed like the one that wont be buggy like hell....

But...once I was done. Nothing, nada . No reward no nothing. Playing on STORY difficulty..

So unless I'm missing something here ?

Edit: It also say Chapter 9 wont grant reward..but unless my numbers are wrong but X is 10 right ?

Edited by SerraShar

well I just tried it right now..it say 'Master Chapter: Complete 1 chapter from either Kotfe and Kotet .

So I picked the chapter where you recruit Kaliyo ? cose I like her, and seemed like the one that wont be buggy like hell....

But...once I was done. Nothing, nada . No reward no nothing. Playing on STORY difficulty..

So unless I'm missing something here ?

Edit: It also say Chapter 9 wont grant reward..but unless my numbers are wrong but X is 10 right ?

you don't get a reward but conquest points - if you press L you should see your personal conquest number (upper right, something like 2.000/50.000) and that should have changed. Also you should have gotten a pop up notification

Unless they changed it for 6.0, the numbers here are wrong.

Before 6.0, it was up to 25% per stronghold to a maximum of 150%. "Up to 25%?" If you unlock half the rooms (with the initial purchase counting as one room), you get half the bonus for that stronghold.

So: six completely unlocked strongholds.

Oh, and if you had multiple copies of a stronghold as a result of the 2017 server merges, only the most-unlocked copy of that one counts. I also think that DK only counts for Impsiders, and Coruscant for Pubsiders, although I may be wrong there. I've had all eight unlocked and completely opened for a long, long time.

Oh thanks for clarifying - I was going off the top of my head - anyways, having strongholds unlocked makes capping conquest significantly easier.

Read this thread and for kicks and giggles logged in on my main. I did "normal" game stuff by doing Onderon, CZ-198, and Ziost dailies. No FPs or anything.

Typical gameplay: looted everything, chatted with guildies, had an objective stolen by a scummy player so had to wait around for a respawn, had to switch instances because of broken quest objectives, etc.

Total time: 1 hour and 15 mins

CQ pts, with boost: Just over 24k

So based on that it would take roughly 2 hours to make 50k.

However, I ran a SINGLE FP after the 3 world dailies and made another 16k, so I'm at 40k after just an hour and a half of gameplay.

Anyone who says 50k is hard just isn't playing the game, simple as that.

Very accurate.

EAWare should never have made it as easy as it was before the Onslaught expansion hit, because that's what some people expect now. You can hit your personal goal in 2-3 hours of game play, especially if you're shooting for the Conquest goals.

you don't get a reward but conquest points - if you press L you should see your personal conquest number (upper right, something like 2.000/50.000) and that should have changed. Also you should have gotten a pop up notification

My bad , my bad lol

I though you get them reward at the top everytime you do it. Like Doh moment there lol

https://imgur.com/dwG05jH

So which one of these is the conquest one?

https://imgur.com/09xPtoX

My bad , my bad lol

I though you get them reward at the top everytime you do it. Like Doh moment there lol

https://imgur.com/dwG05jH

So which one of these is the conquest one?

https://imgur.com/09xPtoX

This one is your Conquest; https://imgur.com/dwG05jH and at the right top, the 4k out of 50k, that's the points you're accumulating. You have 4 days left to get 45'ish k more in order to receive the rewards listed just below that.

This one is your Conquest; https://imgur.com/dwG05jH and at the right top, the 4k out of 50k, that's the points you're accumulating. You have 4 days left to get 45'ish k more in order to receive the rewards listed just below that.

So does this conquest refresh at some point ? (is it 4 days everytime?) and does it ever include 'Go do these 10 Heroics before 4 days''?

cose funny, but I rather grind heroics..then do more of Kotfe and Kotet.....:p

So does this conquest refresh at some point ? (is it 4 days everytime?) and does it ever include 'Go do these 10 Heroics before 4 days''?

cose funny, but I rather grind heroics..then do more of Kotfe and Kotet.....:p

Every Tuesday is the reset and I dunno what other tasks it has from week to week, I only just started participating in it myself. :D

Nice!

Anything good caught your eyes ? I saw Ilum FP...lol Maybe I do that .

Ilum one isn't so bad. I've been doing FPs on my stealthy toon and a lot of stuff you can skip. Completion is all that matters. Also been picking KOTFEET chapters you can easily stealth like the Havoc one and the Mando one.

Ilum one isn't so bad. I've been doing FPs on my stealthy toon and a lot of stuff you can skip. Completion is all that matters. Also been picking KOTFEET chapters you can easily stealth like the Havoc one and the Mando one.

yeah, no cant do .

My main are a healer, a Jugg and another healer lol

I don't have a high level stealthy toon . And the closest one, is on Yavin 4 I think ? lol

So its a boring mind numbing grind....urgh......