PvP World and Local Leaderboards

leijae

Hello Master Dar'Nala,

I'm a player from Jedi Covenant, and I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if the entire pvp community could interact with each other in a competative, but friendly, way?

So, I've set up a website where everyone in the world can share their PvP accomplishments!

http://www.torbattles.net

The website is in open beta currently (records will not be wiped on official opening).

Learn more about TORbattles and updates here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645928

Copy this thread to your site and let everyone else know about it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=636466

the problem with submitting on the forums is that players must wait for an "update"

How long until Obirayy logs in, finds my post, and updates the records? Tomorrow? This weekend? Next week?

TORBattles is an instant update. No waiting for someone to login. So in many ways the "Ultimate Records" thread isn't really that "ultimate." That's why I created TORBattles.net

If you feel strongly about it, I'm still looking for a couple of Admins for TORBattles. You're more than welcome to help me bring the pvp community together.

Edited by leijae

the problem with submitting on the forums is that players must wait for an "update"

How long until Obirayy logs in, finds my post, and updates the records? Tomorrow? This weekend? Next week?

TORBattles is an instant update. No waiting for someone to login. So in many ways the "Ultimate Records" thread isn't really that "ultimate." That's why I created TORBattles.net

If you feel strongly about it, I'm still looking for a couple of Admins for TORBattles. You're more than welcome to help me bring the pvp community together.

I think he meant you should update your site from his thread as the basis from where your site starts rather than these players needing to go to your site and upload everything all over again.

I may have misread it then, because it looks like a snide remark that I'm somehow "treading his territory." I don't appreciate the attitude, but I'm wiling to overlook it and offer him a spot at torbattles managing the forums and updating as he sees fit. Obviously, this person cares as much about our PvP community as I do, I mean he did make a thread for it. But, I think we should combine our efforts rather than compete for glory. I didn't make the website because I want to be recognized (notice my name or handle is nowhere on the site).

However, If you interpretation is correct, then I would love to be able to datamine these forums. Unfortunately, I would be breaking the terms and uses policy. I'm not saying I couldn't. I'm saying I won't. The last thing I want is for my account or ip to be banned, then get a "Cease and desist" letter from EA. Because they don't play, and they have lots more money than me. Perhaps we could petition BW/EA to allow me access to their database? It's possible to create a read-only user account. But even then, the updating wouldn't be instant. It would still require a human eye to browse the data, find submissions and translate the information into readable English. But, if they're open to it, I'm willing to write the code for it.

Edited by leijae

I may have misread it then, because it looks like a snide remark that I'm somehow "treading his territory." I don't appreciate the attitude, but I'm wiling to overlook it and offer him a spot at torbattles managing the forums and updating as he sees fit. Obviously, this person cares as much about our PvP community as I do, I mean he did make a thread for it. But, I think we should combine our efforts rather than compete for glory. I didn't make the website because I want to be recognized (notice my name or handle is nowhere on the site).

However, If you interpretation is correct, then I would love to be able to datamine these forums. Unfortunately, I would be breaking the terms and uses policy. I'm not saying I couldn't. I'm saying I won't. The last thing I want is for my account or ip to be banned, then get a "Cease and desist" letter from EA. Because they don't play, and they have lots more money than me. Perhaps we could petition BW/EA to allow me access to their database? It's possible to create a read-only user account. But even then, the updating wouldn't be instant. It would still require a human eye to browse the data, find submissions and translate the information into readable English. But, if they're open to it, I'm willing to write the code for it.

That's some fair amount of extrapolation right there... but anyway this particular server forum will close with the servers in 60 days though.

Lol yeah I meant please take the records from my thread and I'll direct everyone to your website and I can delete the thread

lol sorry i'm very analytical so I i try to think out of every possible meaning and situation. maybe to a fault. but i would really like your help managing TORBattles if you're interested.

For those that are leaving this server, it's perfectly alright to submit your content under your new server.

lol sorry i'm very analytical so I i try to think out of every possible meaning and situation. maybe to a fault. but i would really like your help managing TORBattles if you're interested.

For those that are leaving this server, it's perfectly alright to submit your content under your new server.

I sent you a pm