It's Bugtastic!

Blackavaar

Unless the game randomly freezes and drops you and you have to log in again. Seriously, last night I had to log back in 5 times over the course of a 4 hour play session. That, IMO, is nigh unplayable.

And btw, my Shadows are turned off.

:confused:

I said working as spected...

But that doesn't mean crashing like crazy, :)

I also have to restart like 5 times. Around a game restart every hour or hour and a half.

Sadly this game had a memory leak since release. If you watch the memory consumption of the game, it keeps increasing until resources are eaten. I don't know if they looked at it, but is easily verified by the Windows Task Manager app. The more areas you visit, the faster the game eats the memory. On a 32-bit windows under normal pre 1.4 patch it may give you 4-6 hours playtime.

Edited by malangus

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]Crafting schematics broken (now they let you learn them even when you know them, resulting in a loss of schematics that could have been traded)

:(

not just Schamatic its anything we learn in our books monuts , mission for Crew skills . thats a very old bug they acttly fixed a alof of PATCHES BACK . NO idea why they broke it .

It wouldn't be so bad if they would fix bugs they caused in a patch . there is still along time bug they have yet to fixx sense 1.3 trhe gamma slider still doesnt work right . and i guess its safe to say everytime they do a update expext more bugs or other things that worked fine to be broke . ( ....

I have had no drops from the game, so... sorry... not my experience. This MMO, for me, has been the most stable I have played in a long time on my comp. But I acknowledge that there are a zillion different comp configurations and other subtlties that can pop a game breaker for a particular player. Only way to avoid that would be to never patch or change anything.

While all of this may be true. I am also having a lot of problems with SWTOR (stuttering etc.) after patch 1.4. I will also say that prior to 1.4 I had NO problems. I will also add that I have never had any performance problems with any other MMORPG prior to SWTOR. This leads me to believe that SWTOR is most likely the culprit; specifically patch 1.4. While I can prove no direct causality, I do view patch 1.4 as highly suspect. :p

:cool:

like many ppl im losing patients, tomorrow is payday and im getting MoP and resubbing to WoW. and before ppl try to bash me saying WoW is no better i have played wow since 1 week after its launch and they wouldnt break so many things with there patches, and if they did break something thier fix actually fixed it and didnt cause more issues. im considering keeping my sub going till the F2P switch incase i feel like playing again after F2P hits and have all the bonus CC to spend, but im pretty sure its just going to be a waste of $30.

also ESO looks promising but thats about a year away, then you have Titan peaking its ugly head out and as long as that isnt like Reachs multiplayer (assuming Titan is a Halo MMO) then it should be ok.

i guess my point is there are alot of choices out there and im not wasting anymore of my time waiting for BW to pull thier heads from thier collective rears.

i had high hopes for this game, and loved that DE (or was it JO) had said this is our game and they made it for us, well that clearly is not the case since they dont listen to a word from the players, and i dont mean the 1 or 2 ppl on the suggestion forums that ask for something off the wall or game breaking like dual wielding double sided sabers. i mean like half the community asking for same gender romance and basically being ignored for a year, that is one example that shows this is not our game and they dont give a flying rats bottom what we want.

thats one thing i really like about Blizzard they had a dev (forgot which one) go on the WoW forums and say something along the lines of "this is out game we will do what we want" they are upfront not trying to pull the wool over our eyes like EAware.

While all of this may be true. I am also having a lot of problems with SWTOR (stuttering etc.) after patch 1.4. I will also say that prior to 1.4 I had NO problems. I will also add that I have never had any performance problems with any other MMORPG prior to SWTOR. This leads me to believe that SWTOR is most likely the culprit; specifically patch 1.4. While I can prove no direct causality, I do view patch 1.4 as highly suspect. :p

I am not saying the patch did not introduce some performance issues for some players.

I believe it did, because it is being reported by some players.

They said they rewrote the way they handle shadows, which means they had to be tinkering with the graphics part of the game. I have yet to see an MMO where they tinker with the graphics part of the game and some players do not have adverse affects from it. They sorted this kind of issue out before, and they will do it again I am sure.

They were because, in 1.2 patch they allowed (theoretically) to send 2 companions to the same mission (if you have 2 copies of it), but if you click into 2 identical mission discoveries before completing the first one, the second is simply lost, in the same way you loose an already known schematic.

That 1.2 patch note only claimed to have resolved that issue, but it never worked as intended.

It is a well-know confirmed and investigated (but not resolved) bug! :(

IIRC, before 1.2 it worked just fine and you could send multiple companions on the same mission. 1.2 is what BROKE it... Though I'm not convinced it was a "break". I've noticed several times patch notes have claimed something fixed that was previously working, and after the patch it is no longer "working". I suspect the fact that you COULD send 2 companions on the same mission wasn't intended and was the bug that was fixed in 1.2. I expect the bug report title was "you can send 2 companions on the same mission" or somesuch. When the person who took the "bug fixed" reports wrote up the patch notes, they quoted the bug title exactly, instead of inverting it.

IIRC, before 1.2 it worked just fine and you could send multiple companions on the same mission. 1.2 is what BROKE it... Though I'm not convinced it was a "break". I've noticed several times patch notes have claimed something fixed that was previously working, and after the patch it is no longer "working". I suspect the fact that you COULD send 2 companions on the same mission wasn't intended and was the bug that was fixed in 1.2. I expect the bug report title was "you can send 2 companions on the same mission" or somesuch. When the person who took the "bug fixed" reports wrote up the patch notes, they quoted the bug title exactly, instead of inverting it.

My experience is different: it never worked before or after 1.2 doesnt change, never worked for me. before 1.2 there was a message error that prevented the operation (and the waste) after the error disappeared but the waste came...

And BW CS confirmed me theat now it is not working as intended...

Wierd. Pretty sure before 1.2 you could learn the mission, send somebody out on it, learn the mission again, send somebody else on it, etc. You just couldn't learn the mission 2x, then send 2 people off on it. IIRC that was one of the biggest complaints with 1.2, that at the end of the night you could no longer send all 5 people out on 340 missions.

Most obvious one for me is that I cant interact with the text box anymore to talk to people, and it kinda flickers as I scroll my mouse over it. Also for the first time ever I was running into invisible walls yesterday in huttball, dont know if it was a super rare bug involving the lifts but it was pretty weird. Also I have noticed my game stutters more frequently now like lag hiccups or something and I have all graphic settings on very low or off.

Most obvious one for me is that I cant interact with the text box anymore to talk to people, and it kinda flickers as I scroll my mouse over it. Also for the first time ever I was running into invisible walls yesterday in huttball, dont know if it was a super rare bug involving the lifts but it was pretty weird. Also I have noticed my game stutters more frequently now like lag hiccups or something and I have all graphic settings on very low or off.

The invisible walls are lag. It has been happening on starter planets for some time but was a bit more noticable after the last server consolidation. Just FYI.

and as will start to be realized over the next few weeks. They broke heavy armor and how damage is implemented.

It's just a matter of time until people start parsing the numbers to prove it.

I agree I was running a mission with my level 40 trooper today. And I noticed he was taking way more damage than I'm used to watching him take. This was against level 38-40 mobs and I felt I was getting hit way too hard.

I have a pretty high end rig, and the game looks better than ever now. I can see the difference the shadows are making. However, I'm not sure I'm in the majority. As for other bugs... I have been very lucky. I haven't been impacted or am oblivious to them.

But my intent in this post is to show that experiences vary. With GTN back up, I did see an offhand, a shield, that was complete with 3 mods. That I had not seen before... and I have to get me one those!

I agree I was running a mission with my level 40 trooper today. And I noticed he was taking way more damage than I'm used to watching him take. This was against level 38-40 mobs and I felt I was getting hit way too hard.

Ran my Commando through his dailies today with out issues. At 50, if there was an issue with armor, I would have noticed it quickly in th daily heroics. I take quite a bit of damage and have little mitigation as dps so I'm sensitive to it. On the flip side.... the new interrupt works very well.

Ran my Commando through his dailies today with out issues. At 50, if there was an issue with armor, I would have noticed it quickly in th daily heroics. I take quite a bit of damage and have little mitigation as dps so I'm sensitive to it.

It could just be a case of "Tuskars are hitting harder after patch" :p /waves to all AC alumni. :D

On the flip side.... the new interrupt works very well.

/agree

Edited by Andryah

The ones I highlighted in yellow I have experienced. The others, no. Though I don't mess with crafting schematics much so no comment there.

None of it makes the game "nigh unplayable", unless you have a hair trigger on your frustration threshold.

Meh.... it will all get fixed. Meanwhile... plenty to do in game, taxis blimping or not. :)

Yeah, I tend to agree. To a degree. They'll be fixed I guess. And you're right, doesn't make the game unplayable. It is frustrating though. You could put your car in for a service, and when you get it back, it runs better, but if in the process they screwed a few things, like interior lights not working, you can still drive it, but that doesn't mean it's not annoying, even frustrating.

Virtually the only things that are working 100% as intended in this patch are the new facial emotes.

This proves the apologists that are currently defending this patch are right and Bioware has finally gotten something right, because now we can all run around scowling at what a steaming pile this patch is :cool:

Edited by LrdRahvin

Virtually the only things that are working 100% as intended in this patch are the new facial emotes.

This proves the apologists that are currently defending this patch are right and Bioware has finally gotten something right, because now we can all run around scowling at what a steaming pile this patch is :cool:

I hate the facial moods, and refuse to use them.

General chat isn't shared across fleet instances either. Unless that was something intended.

(You also can't see trade // pvp chat when on a different fleet of the others.)

As that only happens on the Fleets, I have an inkling that was intended to cut down on the spam. I myself would prefer the spam if I could see that someone in instance (2) was prepping for an Esseles / Black Talon social run, even if it was only for a split second as fifty other people spammed their Trades and LFGs.