Remove Force Bound

soo-low

yes. It's the only reason jugg tank is the best tank.

Don't remove it though, rework it so people aren't **** out of luck for having force bound.

Also, give some love to the other tanks.

PvP utilities? I get sins absorb got removed from tank assassin because they were cheesing bosses in PvE but it actually murdered assassin tank in PvP.

PT tank just gets tank tunneled so easily and isn't able to handle the damage other classes do. Either a longer poweryield or a stronger kolto/shield it needs love.

YES this is a serious issue. Many classes in pvp are completely countered by this set bonus that there is no point in playing any other tank. Having a button that can cc potentially 8 people for 14 seconds of cc per person in a regs match technically means that this set bonus could be 14 seconds of straight cc on a 45 second cd. Even though this is an extreme, it could be anywhere form 30 to 60 seconds usually, which is beyond overpowered. Not to mention that, but ONLY jugg tank has it. Either give it to everyone, or give it to no one, and I can tell you that the majority of players like it when the buttons they press actually work, so just removing it is the best option. Edited by hummerson

Do not remove it, how do you want to play jugg without it ? It's useless, it's the only set that helps us to get another ed when it's a 4 dps game.

You should just learn how to counter it.

Perhaps you should explain how to counter it, instead of just saying counter it.

Do not remove it, how do you want to play jugg without it ? It's useless, it's the only set that helps us to get another ed when it's a 4 dps game.

As if you play team ranked you have 0 idea how cancerous this is to melee dps in the meta. Soloq 4 dps games are irrelevant as **** Make a team and q dude as your forcebound jugg dps let's see how far you get LMFAO :rak_01:

As if Bioware should balance around 4 dps solo q games lmfao. And the answer to balance in this game is not to introduce cancerous set bonuses that ruin the game. Also "counter it" LOL

Do not remove this set because then jugg dps suck even more than they already do, unless jugg dps are buffed force bound should remain, and btw jugg tank is not op cuz of force bound it's just got more dps than sin tank and has more passive and active dr than the other 2 tank classes, stop crying because juggs get 6 seconds extra before they get ganked

Do not remove this set because then jugg dps suck even more than they already do, unless jugg dps are buffed force bound should remain, and btw jugg tank is not op cuz of force bound it's just got more dps than sin tank and has more passive and active dr than the other 2 tank classes, stop crying because juggs get 6 seconds extra before they get ganked

Jugg dps already suck. They could do damage with the cut to pieces but regardless of what you do, they don't live against anyone with a brain. Force bound being reworked to give DR on intimidating roar or something instead of all accuracy reduction would work well too.

Also, no jugg tank isn't stronger than the others because of "more damage and Dr." It's due to the fact they have self heals with a tactical that lowers their self heals, making it very easy to tank with them. Then they have the group forgive button called intimidating roar with the set bonus force bound making the enemy team useless for a few seconds so the healer catches up.

Neither of the other tanks have these two things and they die incredibly fast in cleave games, so fast that most of those games are over in about 1-2minutes.

Things like these just can't be adjusted without the other two being adjusted also, if force bounds gone juggernaut is still the go to due to it's ability to heal with grit teeth. Not to mention the max of 95% damage boost if fully stacked pooled hatred + furious power + intercede dmg boost still being a thing.

So IF the other tanks get buffed, they change force bound and make all three tanks strong enough to compete together then we can see way more comps come into the game. Juggernaut DPS is laughable defensively and so is a lot of other classes at the moment, PvP has been so shafted and ignored since this expansion dropped and it desperately needs some attention and love.

This is too sad and funny at the same time.

So let me see if I got this straight Bioware. You remove the commando stock strike ability known as blitz, because it sent the opponent flying backward. One guy, didnt even put them flat on there back, and it was only useable sometimes when you used cryo grenade.

Years later you come out with a tact that does a cc on a heck of allot other players..... This is ok?

Does the words you have no *********** clue what your doing meaning anything to you. You purge my troopers and bhs of abilities but you will put this in the game. Right......

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the STWOR dream.

I have a dream that one day this galaxy will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Ossus, the sons of former killicks and the sons of former killick owners will be able to sit down together at the table of war.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Onderon, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little juggernauts will one day live in a galaxy where they will not be judged by the color of their lightsabers but by their ability to own forcebound.

I have a dream today!

Edited by septru

This is too sad and funny at the same time.

So let me see if I got this straight Bioware. You remove the commando stock strike ability known as blitz, because it sent the opponent flying backward. One guy, didnt even put them flat on there back, and it was only useable sometimes when you used cryo grenade.

Years later you come out with a tact that does a cc on a heck of allot other players..... This is ok?

Does the words you have no *********** clue what your doing meaning anything to you. You purge my troopers and bhs of abilities but you will put this in the game. Right......

Well to be fair, you’re talking about an ability that was removed 7-8 years ago. Times change.

BW, I'm sure you're thinking to yourselves: "we can't just remove force bound from the game: some people have spent a lot of time/money into acquiring it, and that would be a slap in the face to them". I paid over a hundred mil creds (though that's really not too much these days) for my force bound set, and I would be absolutely thrilled if you washed all those creds down the sink and completely deleted force bound from the game. You need to rip off the band-aid. It's absolutely terrible for the game's meta, and it needs to go asap. Make the difficult decision for the long term health of the pvp meta. The entire pvp community- especially people who would like to get to play their pt or sin tanks again- will be very grateful.

I wish force bound was the only problem in pvp but it is a very small part of big BS. Sadly this game doesnt have a decent developer team, community manager, and even a decent producer they just add stuff without thinking. Imagine a team who failed balancing very basing gear system thinks they can manage this kind of set bonus and tacticals. They didnt even tested gears in pts because most of them was not complete or bugged while testing they didnt do an overall balance change after they expansion released. They still didnt learn anything from their past mistakes so this will be the same as always. Problem is not only force bound problem not having a real developer team who plays their own game. When we get a real producer, real game developer things will be better but that is not gonna happen. Edited by omeru

they didnt do an overall balance change after they expansion released

This is by far the biggest issue.

Since 6.0 came out close to 8 months ago now we still don't have a single balance patch geared towards PvP.

Edited by septru

BW, I'm sure you're thinking to yourselves: "we can't just remove force bound from the game: some people have spent a lot of time/money into acquiring it, and that would be a slap in the face to them".

*laughs in Concentrated Fire

The entire pvp community- especially people who would like to get to play their pt or sin tanks again- will be very grateful.

To be fair, I haven't seen sin tanks in solo ranked in years, and I assume it's been the same in group ranked. And grit teeth will keep jugg tanks on top even if they remove/change force bound. They should probably give a tactical similar to grit teeth to pts and sins if they want them to be able to compete.

*laughs in Concentrated Fire

Not sure what you mean by this. You can buy CF from vendor, it's pretty much just a straight dps/hps boost, and it's not OP at all- in pvp at least. There's no comparison between CF and force bound.

Edited by KittyKat_Karrot

Not sure what you mean by this. You can buy CF from vendor, it's pretty much just a straight dps/hps boost, and it's not OP at all- in pvp at least. There's no comparison between CF and force bound.

I was referring to the amount of time and cost of getting the set takes, just like any other non-craftables.

Force Bound's only restriction is not having enough credits to buy it from crafters. Other BiS sets require credits as well as Tech Fragments, which painstakingly take forever to get through PvP. You are forced to do PvE content in order to actually even get the set in a timely manner.

The incoming nerf pretty much kills the DPS specs from being mid-tier to bottom of the barrel probably. There are no other good Mercenary sets, like at all.

At least Jugg has another decent set or two.

My point is, the mere excuse of not nerfing or removing a particular set because of time and resource investment from players should be applied across the board.

PvP utilities and expertise, please.

Well do you think BW can do seperate utilities that are actually working and balanced? They didnt even do a pvp related balance change and you think they will do even more?

My point is, the mere excuse of not nerfing or removing a particular set because of time and resource investment from players should be applied across the board.

CF costs 6 million credits and about 9-18k tech frags which can be grinded in less than a day doing flashpoints.

Forcebound costs roughly 120mill.

They are not comparable set bonuses. Even if they were, forcebound would require infinitely more resources than CF.