Unannounced Changes To Crafting With Patch 3.2

eartharioch

In case you haven't crafted anything:

THE GOOD

o When you open the crafting window, all schematic categories are unexpanded (previously, all were expanded -- this change has been requested by many people many times)

o Difficulty sort now has a new entry -- alphabetical

THE BAD

o Per some reports, RE'd schematics are not showing the correct stats (they show with original item stats); the crafted items [reportedly] have the upgraded stats

THE UGLY

o The window does not retain settings if you close and reopen it in the same "session" (character/instance) -- previously it did. So, if you sort by "Rating", close the window, and reopen it, it no longer retains that sort order.

That's all I've noticed so far, please add any other differences you note.

Edited by eartharioch

It may have been a one-time glitch but yesterday I opened the crafting window to craft something for conquest and I saw that the craftable amount was 0 on the items I wanted to craft, because I didn't have any materials in my personal bank. I had a stack of 99 of alle the required materials in the Legacy bank and as soon as I queued one item, the window recalculated the craftable amount correctly.

So, first I saw "0", then I queued one item and then it displayed "8".

Can anyone confirm that?

It may have been a one-time glitch but yesterday I opened the crafting window to craft something for conquest and I saw that the craftable amount was 0 on the items I wanted to craft, because I didn't have any materials in my personal bank. I had a stack of 99 of alle the required materials in the Legacy bank and as soon as I queued one item, the window recalculated the craftable amount correctly.

Can anyone confirm that?

saw that with every crafting I did. probably an unintended consequence of the coding the auto-collapses the categories. Will probably be fixed eventually, but do not count on it happening soon.

Can anyone confirm that?

I get this every time I craft.

Now, if only we could get full gathering and mission crew skill lists rather than the 5 random ones...

Besides being affected by the above items, on one of my crafting toons, if I change companions that I want to craft by clicking on their portrait in the companion window (instead of the drop-down on the crafting page), the game hangs for a good 10 seconds or so.

I would also request an option to turn off the collapsing categories. I know where the items are and don't want the extra clicks.

Besides being affected by the above items, on one of my crafting toons, if I change companions that I want to craft by clicking on their portrait in the companion window (instead of the drop-down on the crafting page), the game hangs for a good 10 seconds or so.

I would also request an option to turn off the collapsing categories. I know where the items are and don't want the extra clicks.

Unfortunately, the devs are like Bruce Willis's character in Pulp Fiction -- they don't listen to Marsellus Wallace's words of wisdom about pride. I can't think of a single time that the devs have reversed a bad code change that made it to live (and almost all bad code changes that make it to the PST, which these apparently didn't, go through as well). So, just like the Regal Apparel miniskirt and Concealed Bodysuit belt, we're probably SoL.

I noticed this today when I logged on. At first I thought it was a normal game lag. But when I was clicking each of my companions to craft ear pieces, they all lagged each time. smh...

Inaccurate stats.

Font over-lapping each other if name of item is too long.

Lag during companion switch.

Edited by noexqss
tag not closed properly

i have 3 minutes, not 10 seconds.

-This is really problem for me. I have 9 gathering and 4 craft char and I do not want to spend all day giving them missions. I still have a couple of hours free life. (Because the craft and commerce already is not fast).

i have 3 minutes, not 10 seconds.

-This is really problem for me. I have 9 gathering and 4 craft char and I do not want to spend all day giving them missions. I still have a couple of hours free life. (Because the craft and commerce already is not fast).

Agreed, this is a big problem for me. I think the game is having to iterate through all of your schematics for some reason, perhaps multiple times, as it seems to be noticeably worse on my characters with more schematics. At the very least, whatever scripts are run when switching characters is now doing more than it should and doing it very inefficiently.

Same here.

The collapsed window is great.

The stats are all wrong and it states that you can craft ZERO items until you start crafting the material.

Have checked all my crafting skills and they all have the same error

wait people wanted the categories to not be expanded? Man thats insane. I find it beyond annoying having to open them all each time I open the window. Very very annoying. Add a lock or something so those of us who like the expanded tabs can do so.

To be fair, most suggestions I've seen just wanted the window to keep the "last used" settings so that either way it was a one-time change to what the user wanted from the default. OFC, 3.2 made it so that it no longer remembers settings within the current instance (and patch 3.2a/s didn't fix it either), so it's now worse than it was before. Yay, BW.

Edited by eartharioch