Fix the Preview Window!

Trintric

Another problem with fixing the bug, is its randomness; when a bug is not reproduceable on a consistent basis it makes it that much harder to troubleshoot and determine the cause. Personally, I have opened the Preview windows hundreds of times since I first heard about this bug and it has only affected me ONCE.
Zoom in and out...happens 100% of the time for me on Fleet.

I heard about this like a week ago...and it is STILL the single greatest piece of advice I have ever read on the forums. Saved me from breaking another keyboard just last night :)

Indeed. I wonder if I saw it the same place you did. I have no idea where I saw it first, but I know it was fairly recent.

Very serious indeed, it affects the cartel market.

It's serious because it affects legions of new players who have no stronghold to work around it.

Or: It's a months old, very annoying and inconveniencing bug that gives a bad first impression to the few new players and the many old who returned about the "maintenance" of this game.

Personally, I find the vibroswords bug affecting Classic Vibroswords and Cathar Honor Swords a lot more annoying because they are immersion breaking, which is game breaking in a game that focuses on story and immersion.

It's serious because it affects legions of new players who have no stronghold to work around it.

Or: It's a months old, very annoying and inconveniencing bug that gives a bad first impression to the few new players and the many old who returned about the "maintenance" of this game.

Personally, I find the vibroswords bug affecting Classic Vibroswords and Cathar Honor Swords a lot more annoying because they are immersion breaking, which is game breaking in a game that focuses on story and immersion.

Wait, why would legions of new players not have a stronghold? You can already buy and probably afford one at level 15, which is like an hour or two in with double XP going (depending on how fast the player's pace is) and I doubt most new players even know about outfit designer until long past the level when they would have a stronghold available.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I want it fixed. But new players? I would think the more important issue would be all of the potential spenders on the game who have trouble previewing CM items. Six degrees of separation for the cartel market. XD

Yes please! It's so annoying trying to preview something and it just bugs out completely.

Floating savers, bald head, missing feet, no legs but feet, no feet but legs, nothing but just a head, very base models of all armor sets. And the list goes on.

Yep, /signed

Please fix it

If the devs played their own game, they would know exactly what is wrong with the outfit previewer without someone having to spell it out to them.

Applies to a lot of issues. Just casually playing through the game's content there's so many easily noticeable flaws that can be reproduced by anyone. So the QA team must be non-existent, incompetent or they just don't care.

How many new players [...] anyway

Why are you guys so focused on new players?

I wasn't exactly serious when I wrote legions. ;)

It's probably more returning players who will notice right away, and those have already left once for some reason or other, i.e. they have less qualms about doing so again.

In any case, it's bad, it has a workaround, but if that workaround is considered "viable" and reason why this hasn't been fixed yet, then that's even worse, because no way is traveling to a stronghold every time you want to see what a looted item looks like a "viable workaround".

Edited by KyaniteD

Why are you guys so focused on new players?

I wasn't exactly serious when I wrote legions. ;)

It's probably more returning players who will notice right away, and those have already left once for some reason or other, i.e. they have less qualms about doing so again.

In any case, it's bad, it has a workaround, but if that workaround is considered "viable" and reason why this hasn't been fixed yet, then that's even worse, because no way is traveling to a stronghold every time you want to see what a looted item looks like a "viable workaround".

Well Bioware posted that a bunch of new players were flooding the server, and that was there so called excuse to get out of merging the servers, and it's simply not true. I thought for a second you fell into that trap believing that scandal, they just simply instead don't want to merge anything for unknown reasons.

I'm not sure which patch caused the problem, but the preview window is terrible these days.

It used to work 99% of the time, only having a glitch for a few decorations I tried to preview, and of course the issue where you can't preview weapon color crystals or FX unless you disable your cosmetic outfit.

Since the trouble started, I'm no longer able to preview any companion customizations. NONE. The body of the character disappears completely and only the outfit remains, hovering and empty. Repeated attempts don't work.

Previewing armor is "iffy" and works perhaps 75% of the time. Sometimes I can try a different item and go back to that one to get a preview.

Pet and vehicle previews seem to work the best of all, with few problems.

Yes, level 15. You make your first impression at level 1.

True, and maybe I'm just being cynical, but I don't see most new players understanding and embracing the outfit system all that quickly.

I did relatively quickly, but I had come from other games where I was already very familiar with similar systems.

That said, I can't deny that if I were to join this game for the first time today (and had prior experience with wardrobe type stuff) and my first experience was the preview window being borked all to hell, I would probably log out and doublecheck that I wasn't playing a game in beta.

Edit: And, if it wasn't for strongholds, I would be pretty mad right now, as I spend a lot of time using the preview window.

Edited by Rolodome

• 5 months later...

COME ON DEVS I DO NOT ASK FOR MUCH BUT I WANT THIS DAMN PREVIEW PANEL FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been long enough. Stop worrying about CC market and WORRY ABOUT THE DAMN PREVIEW PANEL!!!!!!!

I dont want a workaround, I WANT A FIX!!!! And by fix, i mean the preview panel not cocaine. LOL:D:cool::p

I bet if people stopped buying crap from CCM until you fixed it you would in a minute.

So lets get ON IT!!!!!!!!

Thanks and Take care & Be well......

P.S. There was no actual Cocaine used in the making of this Gripe Section. Bioware approves this Public service Message. (i do not know if they do or not) (Yes, i do) (No, i DONT)...................................................... :p

• 2 months later...
/signed in support, the preview issue is annoying as heck. :mad: I am sick of missing body parts, missing gear and such, and yes, I put in bug report tickets. A fix would be much, much appreciated.

Yeah I did the same thing but that was month's upon month's ago. They will not fix this bug just add it to the list of other bugs that prove to be very annoying but won't be fixed.

Well Bioware posted that a bunch of new players were flooding the server, and that was there so called excuse to get out of merging the servers, and it's simply not true. I thought for a second you fell into that trap believing that scandal, they just simply instead don't want to merge anything for unknown reasons.

It's because they want to keep the illusion that the game's many server's are dying. So in order to keep this blanket of lies over people they don't merge server's to keep everyone in a calm state.