I can't tank?

jackcrespin

So apparently idk how to tank, I just didn't know when people started taking it so seriously. I was trying to get my command rank up and when I was doing flash points before nothing really mattered that much. So I tried doing the uprising thing on the command board and people took it way more seriously. Like I know my rotation pretty well, but I guess I don't know how to buff well enough or something. So I decided to come here for some advice. Usually people just tell me what I'm doing wrong and I do what they say and then I learn that way, watching videos and stuff is a lot more complicated because they talk like they expect you to know everything they mean. Edited by jackcrespin

It can be hard in the new uprisings because there is soooooooo many trash mobs. I used to practice with a healer companion and chain pull mobs while doing missions and making sure healer had no aggro. Holding a mob is about knowing your class and its ability's. Read the tool tips on your ability's and your skill tree, the forums have a lot of resources at your disposal. Check the roles section of classes forum for some good posts as well on tanking. Don't get discouraged because someone was critical of your performance and didn't offer any constructive advise. Keep at it and it will become easier as you go.

Well it was unfair of that person to criticize your tanking like that without at least offering an explanation as to what you were doing wrong or offering advice that would help you tank.

Without knowing details as to what class you were or what you were doing I can't really offer much constructive criticism or advice myself but as long as you do the basic tank things, hold aggro on most of the enemies in the mob especially the strings, elites, and champions, the boss, and don't die there's only so much you can do.

I've only done a few uprisings so far, and only one on my assassin tank, and people in my group kept dying any time I didn't have aggro on every single standard.

Or when they stood in stupid.

uprising are often a swarm of weak mobs. Tbh any dps worth their salt should deal with them easily and quickly with minimal damage. Focus on keep your healer alive and keeping the attention of strongs and elites, or once you know the layout of various uprising better call for LoS pulls to group up mobs.

But its a team effort, if your dps tunnel the elite/strong and leave you to deal with all the thrash that is going for your healer, it makes it extremely hard on you especially as a pure melee jug tank with all ranged thrash (sin and PT have some 10m range to help out that you don't) and its not necessarely your fault, even if they'll be quick to blame you after.

While tank and healer are the favorite position to blame when something go wrong on thrash pulls, DPS isn't only about beating whatever enrage timer there is on a boss, you do have a job on thrash pulls too :rolleyes:

Edited by verfallen