Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace

Seriously, get yourself professional help :D

Is there a reason that it's divided into multiple parses? Dummy resets?

Aye the biggest problem was my mainhand breaking, initially i assumed it wouldn't be too much of a problem but it ended being a massive issue, so i needed to repair.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

For PVE, difficult to say if I don't know what other classes are parsing.

Guildie said he parsed 5.9 on his AP PT in a mix of 216 and 220. If that helps.

And for Dash'roode 8m NiM you need ~6k dps per damage dealer(8.5mio HP).

my 5750 on the 1.5 is with almost all pvp gear.

Glad to see some folks still fighting the good fight for Jug/Guardians. Looking forward to seeing what your final assessment is for this tier. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on what to aim for, but this alacrity thing is still kind of throwing me.

Glad to see some folks still fighting the good fight for Jug/Guardians. Looking forward to seeing what your final assessment is for this tier. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on what to aim for, but this alacrity thing is still kind of throwing me.

I got a 220 mainhand and am doing almost a 6k. Not parsing on the 1mil cause it's stupidly short, and I've only been dummy parsing on the 1.5 cause that's what people seem to be fixated on.

In boss parses I did HM Styrak and got a 5.4, I outdpsed everyone on the raid team (though I was wearing PVP gear while they were sort of shaving the edge as far as gear goes with 198s and 224 mixes)

I'm waiting on dulfy to update the guide before I start actually diving into things.

My assessment of the tier is that we're what old focus guardian used to be: We have sickening aoe and decent single target but we're superseded by AP/Carnage/Deception/Annihilation and pretty much every Ranged Spec besides the Mercs. We can still pull competitive numbers because we have the ability to rotate

Edited by GrandLordMenace

I got a 220 mainhand and am doing almost a 6k. Not parsing on the 1mil cause it's stupidly short, and I've only been dummy parsing cause that's what people seem to be fixated on.

In boss parses I did HM Styrak and got a 5.4, I outdpsed everyone on the raid team (though I was wearing PVP gear while they were sort of shaving the edge as far as gear goes with 198s and 224 mixes)

That's how it's always been for us... On paper (dummy parses) we lack, but in the proper hands, more than simply viable in the real game. Though I feel that Styrak is one of the few fights (from my era) that we hold a pretty sturdy advantage on (in that our entire kit had a use). That whole raid was just good in general for Juggernauts/Guardians.

In 208s (been effectively gone since just before DF//DP NiM), I'm sitting at 5200, but I feel like I still don't quite have the feel down with the Plasma Brand single-proc Master Strike. Though how much is the proc changes and how much is adjusting to shorter timing windows with Alacrity, I'm not quite sure yet. I'll get the rotation mastered, but I doubt I'll have the gear to back it on the charts anytime soon.

That's how it's always been for us... On paper (dummy parses) we lack, but in the proper hands, more than simply viable in the real game. Though I feel that Styrak is one of the few fights (from my era) that we hold a pretty sturdy advantage on (in that our entire kit had a use). That whole raid was just good in general for Juggernauts/Guardians.

In 208s (been effectively gone since just before DF//DP NiM), I'm sitting at 5200, but I feel like I still don't quite have the feel down with the Plasma Brand single-proc Master Strike. Though how much is the proc changes and how much is adjusting to shorter timing windows with Alacrity, I'm not quite sure yet. I'll get the rotation mastered, but I doubt I'll have the gear to back it on the charts anytime soon.

I remember you from the mattmonkey days, you might remember me as lordbadtamaru though.

I remember you from the mattmonkey days, you might remember me as lordbadtamaru though.

There was a pretty good cadre of Vig/Veng players at that time (and a few good Rage players as well). I do remember that name, and I've kinda trolled about off and on watching for that one patch that makes me fall in love with the class again, so I've somewhat kept up with your 3.0 work as well.

The guys that actually take the time to put a guide out for the general player base are always appreciated. I was more in it for the discussions leading up to the guides.

Edited by ssfish

Hey everyone, thanks for the great thread. Been playing for about a week (first time I've played since a few months post launch), hit 65 and I'm ready to gear up with the Basic Crystal gear. I'm curious though, since the guide didn't go into it, how should I prioritize the tertiary (Accuracy/Crit/Alacrity) stats? I'm looking at Earpieces and Implants and I don't really have any idea which ones to go for. I'm guessing it's best to start out with Accuracy items until I being to Augment gear and such (still working that out, I forget if it was in the game at launch). Also, are there any slots I should pick up with the Glowing crystals over Basic first i.e. larger upgrade with one slot vs another? Thanks for any info! Edited by volgon