Returning Founder with a few quick questions.

GrayWatchman

Hey all,

As the title says I'm a returning Founder who left just around the time before the KotFE/KotET period. I stopped back a few times to see what was happening, just lightly played through the Outlander storyline on throwaway characters, but was thankful not to take my two Sith mains through it - it wouldn't have suited them at all! I still got them levelled to 70 and then just waited it out.

Basically I just want to lightly play SW:TOR now, but as far as I'm concerned storywise we're still basically in Classic, the old Red vs Blue. I won't mention other games by name but there are others out there whose story development I prefer now, and this is coming from a KotOR series/SW:TOR Classic fanboy.

I just want to do a bit of PVP in the evenings (because I do like SW:TOR's PVP) , staying competitive.

Anyway, my quick questions are...

1) Is it possible with the current gear reward system to be completely PVP exclusive or would I need to do the latest PVE content in order to keep my characters geared? I'm only asking because some of the best gear I saw on the Fleet had something to do with getting something from Iokath, somewhere I've never been.

2) WIll the new expansion in October 22nd raise the level cap beyond 70, and crew skills beyond 600? As I say, I would ideally like to stay competitive, but only really for PVP.

That's it really. I am basically an old PVP commendations guy, from SWG Restuss to SWtOR Classic. That was a simpler time! As I say I avoid the latest story stuff in this game, and I don't really want my PVP gearing to be reliant on something PVE.

Thanks for reading!

1) Is it possible with the current gear reward system to be completely PVP exclusive or would I need to do the latest PVE content in order to keep my characters geared? I'm only asking because some of the best gear I saw on the Fleet had something to do with getting something from Iokath, somewhere I've never been.

2) WIll the new expansion in October 22nd raise the level cap beyond 70, and crew skills beyond 600? As I say, I would ideally like to stay competitive, but only really for PVP.

2) Yes, to both. You will be able to gain gear through any activity, including exclusively through pvp if you choose. Instead of just one set bonus to pursue, there will be multiple, as the developers are trying to shift emphasis from a race to get better gear ("vertical progression") to a progression in different gear ("horizontal progression"). Obviously that is an EXTREMELY over-simplified view, you can read any of the developer threads in the Public Test Server forum, or you can read up about it on Xam Xam's site ( https://mmobits.com/onslaught/ ) or Vulkk's site ( https://vulkk.com/category/swtor/ ).

1) Sort of. I outlined how in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=962383

You are probably better off re-learning the game though in terms of skills, utilities, the existing warzones. I think you are better off re-learning the game than focusing on gear. There is a Bolster buff which brings you close to the highest rating of gear. Personally I think learning the new skills, utilities, and objectives are more important than the gear but that is just my opinion. Once the expansion launches the plan is for Bolster to take players to the highest tier. The expansion is only five weeks away now and I just don't think its possible to gain the unassembled components and masterwork data crystals you would need to be in full 258 gear in that amount of time, only for that gear to be obsolete as soon as the expansion starts.