Who is Dan Satana?

Hadsil

On the Narshadda load screen and above the bartender in Republic Fleet Cantina are Hebrew letters. It reads to me as Dan Satana. Could be Don Shatana or variations there of depending how you read it. I'm guessing it's an injoke or artistic signature, so who is he?

They're not Hebrew Letters, they're either

A) Aurebesh which is a font used for Star Wars Galactic Basic language. Which is just english, no seriously you replace the aurebesh letters with english ones and it forms cohesive sentences in english. Or name, like the case you're mentioning.

B) Huttese, which is the in-universe language of the hutts. I think we might have a full alphabet of it somewhere but I'm not sure if we have full translations for it, could be the word you mentioned just means "cantina" in huttese but don't quote on me that.

Those two aren't the only fonts in the game of course, there are a few others I think some places even have the Mandalorian language but I'm not entirely sure. At any rate, the most popular one seems to be aurebesh.

Edited by FlameYOL

It looks Hebrew to me. It's Shin Tav Nun Ayin on the bottom. Above it upside down is Daled Hey Hey Nun. They could very well be using any Hebrew letters to represent a non-basic/English language, but it spells out Satana on the bottom and Dan on top or rather Dahhan. Could be Yiddish, which is a Germanic language using the Hebrew alphabet. Ayin is a more common letter in Yiddish than Hebrew and could explain the double Hey.

The alphabet behind the bartender on Fleet is "Sith Prophecy" and translates to

"Good Eats"

Google is your Friend....

EDIT:

Just went to Nar Shadaa and the sigh on the load screen is the same message in the "Sith Prophecy" alphabet.

"Good Eats"

Edited by denavin

I mean, its possible both are true ... the inspiration for some alien fonts may be real world languages.

OP, you might want to go check out This Week in Aurabesh, a really interesting blog by a long time player. In October the blogger interviewed Charles Boyd and Charles basically confirmed that they try to stick to Star Wars lore as much as possible, so if there is a known font for a specific galactic language they will use that. Give it a read. But, perhaps someday we will find out there was another Easter Egg about this Dan Satana.