Armstech useless post 50?

Ralnity

My guildies and I have been comparing our crafting skills now that we've all been 50 for a bit. We're at varying stages of being geared, but almost everyone is wearing at least a few champion and columni pieces.

So, looking at our recipes that require the biometric crystals, we just can't figure out what is going on with armstech. It requires 3 of these crystals just to make a weapon that is probably inferior to what you have by the time you can get the 3 crystals needed to make them. It makes little sense to us.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has figured out why anyone would want to keep armstech post 50?

Crafted arms and armor are not worth making in the end game. You can get better items from running hard mode flashpoints or normal mode operations, and mods of identical quality from doing dailies.

Actually, the armor techs can craft tier 3 belts and bracers for themselves. You can't get either of those from hard mode flashpoints or normal ops.

Plus, the armoring and hilts/barrels you get from dailies are actually a good bit better (as in not identical) than anything you can craft.

Actually, the armor techs can craft tier 3 belts and bracers for themselves. You can't get either of those from hard mode flashpoints or normal ops.

Plus, the armoring and hilts/barrels you get from dailies are actually a good bit better (as in not identical) than anything you can craft.

OK, true, I forgot about the BOP Rakata belts/bracers. Pretty crappy reward for leveling a crafting skill to 400, though, considering you can't sell them and the Columi ones from flashpoints are almost as good.