Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

madcappah

Over the past few days on my jugg I have noticed my long range jumps and intercedes are not working all the time. Sometimes the animation happens and I wind up back where I started and it cost me the use of my ability. Sometimes I stop mid way through the jump and fall to the floor and it cost me the use of that ability. It happened to me about a dozen times yesterday alone, the worst day so far.

In a game of huttball I went to jump from mid to a team mate on the lower platforms past the first fire at sandbags. I stopped in mid air over the pit and fell straight down. My team mate confirmed what I saw, he saw the same thing, I dropped in mid air. I guess this could be attributed to lag but it costs me my ability every time it does this when it does not work properly.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by madcappah

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You definitely aren't the only one. Playing my Jugg earlier this morning and in civil war I force push a player down the steps and I leap to him. I end up inside the steps and falling through the map. This is the only instance that has happened to me is falling through the stairs in Civil war on the side nodes.

Well, I went back to do Makeb daillies on my Guardian the other day and I usually leap to an enemy across a gap to skip a bunch of trash mobs on my dailly run. This time I leaped and fell right down the gap to my death.

You land next to your target for like a split second then miraculously teleport and fall short of target.

Not only am I falling short but my root works maybe 1/4 of the time on other players for my leap ( no they do not have full resolve...nor should this matter its a root)

In 2.0, I know Troopers and BH's received an ability that we can use every 30seconds (lasts 6 I think) that prevents the root - that's probably what you're noticing.

Look under the 'New Packs' Section in the Cartel Market. The fix is there, costs 950 cartel coins with subscriber discount of course. Makes you avoid falling short of your destination. :D Edited by Leafy_Bug

Look under the 'New Packs' Section in the Cartel Market. The fix is there, costs 950 cartel coins with subscriber discount of course. Makes you avoid falling short of your destination. :D

SWEET! I get a discount on the fix! Good job, BW!! I think I'll buy 10 of the fixes just in case I'll need them.

Edited by madcappah

Over the past few days on my jugg I have noticed my long range jumps and intercedes are not working all the time. Sometimes the animation happens and I wind up back where I started and it cost me the use of my ability. Sometimes I stop mid way through the jump and fall to the floor and it cost me the use of that ability. It happened to me about a dozen times yesterday alone, the worst day so far.

In a game of huttball I went to jump from mid to a team mate on the lower platforms past the first fire at sandbags. I stopped in mid air over the pit and fell straight down. My team mate confirmed what I saw, he saw the same thing, I dropped in mid air. I guess this could be attributed to lag but it costs me my ability every time it does this when it does not work properly.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Happened to me multiple times in huttball. I interceded to our sorc who was in the middle of the platform. Next thing, I'm down at the bottom in the pit. And no, I wasn't pulled either. The sorc was stationary too, so it was not some lag issue. I have noticed issues w/ intercede multiple times in the past week or so.

Not only am I falling short but my root works maybe 1/4 of the time on other players for my leap ( no they do not have full resolve...nor should this matter its a root)

Since every class has a chance to dodge attacks, this is probably it. I notice it happens a lot more when I attack a tank. Super annoying for sure though.

Yep, I love leaping into a smash to get ported back halfway, two wasted CDs! What I like better is when this happens with force push, Push - flying animation, dude teleports back to original starting point and CD blown. GG BW, *********** idiots.

This has happened to me as well. Once, I interceded someone under the spawn area in Voidstar where the bridges drop and I got teleported through the ground under the stairs where I could run around but couldn't leave. /stuck didn't work because i wasn't in combat. A few other times I've been placed short of my destination on Huttball. I know it wasn't lag because it was a Gunslinger who had been in cover, in hunker down, for quite sometime, so he wasn't moving around. Edited by DimeStax

Since every class has a chance to dodge attacks, this is probably it. I notice it happens a lot more when I attack a tank. Super annoying for sure though.

It happens most I would say when I am jumping to healers that are trying to kite me and just gives them an extra step because I am assuming they are going to get rooted.

I've noticed this sometimes with my guardian. HB I figured it was map-related since there're other weird bugs with ledges and catwalks. AH also, no clue why, and don't remember having it anywhere else. Edited by Joesixxpack

I've noticed it in WZ as well as World Areas.

I love to do the drive-by (ride along on my speeder, target red, force leap) but for the last week or so, it has been ruined by this bug. I land nowhere near my target.

I see it in WZ and it probably happens alot more than I've taken note of, but I just chalked it up to that target's skill in avoiding my leap.

It's annoying, and I would venture to say that in some situations it is gamebreaking.

Also, I've seen the "no-root force leap'' lately, and that's a pain because it's a waste to have Unremitting if the target isn't rooted.

Yes i have experienced this before but I thought it was a glitch at first but it kept happening so looked for a thread =]

Glad one has already started and i hope devs look into this because not being able to close the gap is very frustrating. Being pvp melee is impossible if you can't jump to your target.