Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Felgor
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.
So in other words...

If im understanding this right...

Pending on the traffic and server stability of the current waves...

Next wave invites will be based on the previous wave stability?
Felgor - 50 Scoundrel
Mordicai - 50 Operative
Raphael - 37 Juggernaut

Trancethraxx
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #132
Appreciate it

Dominickz
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #133
this is the most frustrating early access ever.

Hooblah
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #134
Thank You,

I do not have any sense of entliment or anything but overall it has not been an enjoyable experince. Gamestop Canada recieved no preorder codes until August 4. Initially It was said the order date did not matter. It appears it does, what I was looking forward to was reserving a name I enjoy using oh well.

Clankey
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #135
How specific are the dates going to be today so say for example people who put there code in between the 21st - 26th are getting in today or how is it working?
"My fists hunger for justice" (stomach grumbles)"that was my fists"

Grmp
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #136
Thanks a lot for this now i have thread i can stalk till i get my E-mail
Hopefully 07.25.2011 will get it sooner than later
Had higher hopes for SWtor than to be a f2p WoW clone

Dustangel
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #137
Thanks for this.
Pretty much just a rephrasing of what has been stated before already, but a very well put one at that

Sleep is a lie, there is only caffeine. Through caffeine I gain focus, through focus I gain sarcasm. Through sarcasm my chains are broken.

Angelusx
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #138
I hope i get in today ,put my code in the second day 07.22.2011 .
"I wanna torture you. I used to love it, and it's been such a long time. I mean, the last time I tortured someone, they didn't even *have* chainsaws"

BladeStrike
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #139
Better to be safe than sorry. Keep up the good work.

Yulja
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #140
Thanks for the update SR!

I guess I can wait till tomorrow or thursday.
Imperial Agent - Operative Heal - Lvl 50
Strikes against the new Cutting the Cord Ilum Daily !