Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Absolute negligence, once again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Absolute negligence, once again.

DerSchneider
05.12.2019 , 06:53 AM | #1
Hello there, right now at the moment I'm writing this post, one player, who had been reported dozens of times, still uses bots to get rating and ruin solo queue on darth malgus.

Some time ago we've got an "April PVP Report" which still goes on the same "no tolerance policy", "banned wintraders", "reset rating" etc.
We can't even be sure you've done anything, because apparently it's not allowed to disclose names of the cheaters.
One thing I can know for sure that you've allowed the most destructive offender to keep doing what he did. On the server with the largest ranked player pool.
Somewhere a month ago (before bots influx) ranked on DM had probably the fastest pop time I've ever seen, and right now you gotta wait at least 5 minutes on DPS in the prime time.

Last time the bot user was around in season 9, ruining games for many months. Most people have played team ranked, because solo was unplayable. The offender got away with it, and seems like he got away with it again.

This post is probably gonna make me banned and the message neglected, but nonetheless I'd like to ask MikeB, Eric or anyone in charge - are you gonna do something?
Nightrain - top 3 Juggernaut season 7, 8, 9

My PVP streams: https://www.twitch.tv/n1ghtrain

JediMasterAlex
05.12.2019 , 07:14 AM | #2
I don't play on DM, but I sympathize with your plight. It's unacceptable that such blatant bad behavior is allowed to continue. This is much more pressing than retroactively banning people who have wintraded; this botter is ruining more games for people regularly than I've ever heard of before.

On the bright side, Bioware did finally ban the flyhacker from SF last week (apparently permanently, though I don't know for sure if that's true). Hopefully Bioware will similarly permaban the DM botter soon.

merovejec
05.13.2019 , 04:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DerSchneider View Post
Last time the bot user was around in season 9, ruining games for many months. Most people have played team ranked, because solo was unplayable. The offender got away with it, and seems like he got away with it again.
Here you need to realize that he didnt get away with it. Naturally he didnt use his main account for launching the bot. Its just too easy to pay sub, mail your account a Datacron, get a instant level 70, play a few warzones and you got yourself valor 25 and can que solo ranked......

Its impossible to prove who is running the account so all they can do is bann that account. Sure, they could be faster with this, but thats just how it works. Like I have 3 computers at home and can run swtor on all of them. You just use a VPN and they have no way of tracing you even though you play 2 accounts from the same room.

Quote: Originally Posted by DerSchneider View Post
This post is probably gonna make me banned and the message neglected, but nonetheless I'd like to ask MikeB, Eric or anyone in charge - are you gonna do something?
This wont get you banned, you havent named anyone, just pointed out a problem.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

Lhancelot
05.13.2019 , 05:39 AM | #4
The problem is BW doesn't have active people monitoring petitions that will act on situations in the game quickly. This is ridiculous tbh.

If they are going to run a system that gets cheated constantly due to so many loopholes and easily implemented ways to gain rating then they got to have active ingame moderators. If they don't want ingame monitors, make the contest less easy to cheat. It's not complicated.

In my opinion they need to stop listening to people who enjoy the easy way to get ELO for top prizes in ranked, and make the system harder to cheat by finding a better way to score rating. ELO doesn't work if no one is present to answer petitions immediately and rectify the issues.

TL;DR

Gut the ranked scoring system. There's NOTHING to lose with ranked it's a cesspool of excrement and has been for awhile now.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

RACATW
05.13.2019 , 07:05 PM | #5
They have more than 2 people in customer service? I'm kinda surprised.

Rion_Starkiller
05.14.2019 , 10:18 AM | #6
This drama makes me want some toons on DM. https://youtu.be/vAiqeB4p028
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

merovejec
05.14.2019 , 10:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexNautolan View Post
Just pointing out the fact that ppl are getting globalled in almost 75% of games, at least on SS but I highly doubt its different on DM, so how is that even relevant?
I said "just pointing out" nothing behind it
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

RACATW
05.14.2019 , 11:16 AM | #8
This thread is entertaining, now we know who reported those ss so quickly.

TrixxieTriss
05.14.2019 , 06:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
This thread is entertaining, now we know who reported those ss so quickly.
Yes, it is