Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If the ranked elo system is to change, please do NOT change it to the previous system

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
If the ranked elo system is to change, please do NOT change it to the previous system

JediMasterAlex
04.23.2019 , 02:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
I definitely do consider myself a pvp expert because of my experience and success playing with and against some of the best players who have played this game. The reason I have "PvP Expert" as my member note in my current guild is because my current guild is not pvp focused at all. If anyone has a questions about pvp, they know who to ask because of my note. If you don't like the fact that I offer to help people who have questions in regards to pvp, that's your problem.
Calling yourself a pvp expert reminds me of a certain president calling himself a great negotiator.

I manage to beat many players who most people would consider superior than me because my greatest strengths are my strategies and knowledge to best utilise my class and spec even though I am mechanically inferior to win.
Your lack of self awareness is kind of amazing. Not only is this statement arrogant and false, it's delusional. Your strategic superiority exists only in your head.

I have never claimed to be the best, just one of them. You can keep laughing at that fact all you want, my success speaks for itself.
I absolutely laugh at you thinking you're a great player, because I've actually seen you play. You are not nearly as good as you think you are, and that's an issue when that is the entire basis of your arguments.

MandoMetal
04.23.2019 , 03:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Calling yourself a pvp expert reminds me of a certain president calling himself a great negotiator.

Your lack of self awareness is kind of amazing. Not only is this statement arrogant and false, it's delusional. Your strategic superiority exists only in your head.

I absolutely laugh at you thinking you're a great player, because I've actually seen you play. You are not nearly as good as you think you are, and that's an issue when that is the entire basis of your arguments.
"You are not nearly as good as you think you are"
Seems to be a common problem...
- All-Galaxy Roleplayer

"I may be hetero bud... but I'll blast you with so much KappaPride, it'll make ur gendr spin"

Zurules
04.23.2019 , 06:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post

I base my arguments on my successful experiences in ranked. In 8v8, solo and group ranked over the course of different seasons, especially the earlier ones when I had more time to play. Ironically, its my own self awareness that allows me to own my own weaknesses. This allows me to create my own play style that best suits me for how what I think is best to win. A good example of this is the 12/31/3 spec I created which almost every other shadow/sin started to use back in the season one era. The only other top shadow/assassin that didn't copy me was turrrican who went more defensively grabbing the 25% dr during battle readiness.

On the other hand, you try to discredit me with only your opinion. When I play, you have no clue what I am thinking just as I would not know what you are thinking. Arguing with just your opinion is worthless. You need to bring more to the table if you want your opinion to have any weight. I back up my opinion with my successful results. What can you bring to back up yours?

I have no clue who you are as a player ingame. But I have a strong gut feeling I would have a good laugh if I ever found out.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

JediMasterAlex
04.23.2019 , 07:19 PM | #24
On the other hand, you try to discredit me with only your opinion. When I play, you have no clue what I am thinking just as I would not know what you are thinking. Arguing with just your opinion is worthless. You need to bring more to the table if you want your opinion to have any weight. I back up my opinion with my successful results. What can you bring to back up yours?
My opinion is based on actually seeing you play a bunch of times within the last few months, as opposed to the ancient history that you are citing. Plus, nothing about your results implies that you win due to your l33t strats.

JediMasterAlex
04.23.2019 , 08:19 PM | #25
If this really is him, I am actually disappointed and did not laugh. I was hoping it would atleast be someone who's name I would easily recognize but I only vaguely remember that name as being a dps sorc, that's pretty much it. Fairly certain I've never played him in group ranked ever either. I honestly remember that name more from regs then from solo queue. This is a very anti-climactic end to this =(
I've openly admitted in other threads that I didn't play seasons 2-9 because I wasn't playing the game during that 4 year period. So how would you know me? I only started playing again during season 10 when you basically stopped queueing. I also don't really play regs anymore. But honestly, I make no extraordinary claims about my performance, so I'm not sure why who I am is relevant lol.

KumbayaGOD
04.23.2019 , 09:49 PM | #26
can we settle this peacefully thru duel and upload in youtube and be done with it
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

JediMasterAlex
04.23.2019 , 10:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
can we settle this peacefully thru duel and upload in youtube and be done with it
I've never tried to claim I'm a better player than him. Plus, sorc v. sin would hardly be a fair fight in a 1v1.

ColorfulCaiques
05.14.2019 , 05:25 PM | #28
Lmao @ all the ppl in this thread defending the old system bc it allowed them to collude with their wintrading friends and stack all the high elo players on 1 team to farm the players on the low elo team
Don't flatter yourself, EA/BW. I'm just here by the grace of a referral.

Seterade
05.14.2019 , 06:14 PM | #29
just going to state flat out, on SF I have fought alongside both alex and zur. I'v also seen their opinions here on the forums. if I ever desired pvp advice I would not have think to ask alex, I would welcome his input. zur on the other hand, I might ask a side question about sins. maybe.

foxmob
05.14.2019 , 06:59 PM | #30
I wrote a big long post breaking this down, but then I scrolled down and the two of you already got the point: population precludes stacking teams of similar elo together. it would create the same barren queues that you see in group ranked and that you saw in the preseason of 8v8 ranked. everything after the first 2-3 weeks of the season is simply too small a population. I can prolly prove this with my experiences on SF, limited as they were. Please scroll down to the conclusion if you don't wanna read the evidence...

I'll give it one last shot to try and explain to you what is important to me. When I talk about quality matches, I mean put the 8 best players In the same game and make the fairest teams between those 8 players. Right now, this never happens. The system seems to put the worst players with the best players to help create more fairness (which is a good thing to aim for), but it absolutely does this with the cost of the quality of the match. .
this is a good point, but in my very limited solos this year (maybe 20 matches across 3 nights on two toons), there wasn't sufficient population to make a dent.

example:
days 1-2 (3rd? week of season)(IO mostly 242s unoptimized): was carried a couple matches (one involved dropping out of spawn into a dead zone!); was never the worst player on my team but only the best in a couple matches (win or lose). variety of players in queue was such that I did not face or team with the same players more than once. went 6-5 or 7-5. just barely over .500. the definition of neither carried nor carrying. pretty pathetic vis-a-vis s1-6 when I last played.

day 3 (1-2 weeks later) (Arsenal mostly 258s unoptimized): was carried when I won. was the anchor when I lost. gave up in embarrassment and incompetence once I was ferreted out and focused down in 4 consecutive matches. Almost the same 8 players in each match (5 or 6 of the 8 were the same each match).

~20-something games isn't really enough to draw sweeping conclusions from, but I can say that it was very apparent when the population was large and when it was small. When it's small, no manipulation of matchmaking is going to mean squat.

you either load up a match with 4 strong players against 4 weaker players, or you mix the teams up for more even matches that constantly frustrate the strong players (understandably so).

unfortunately, 4 strong players vs 4 strong players or 4 weaker players against similarly weaker players requires a significantly larger population than the former (current) matchmaking.

to double down on the unfortunately, the current system of handicapping stronger players with weaker players is the only system that works as intended with BOTH large and small populations. so if there's going to be one of the two systems in solo, it logically has to be this one.
Krack