Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's Talk Win Trading...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Let's Talk Win Trading...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterAlex
05.02.2019 , 10:22 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
Go back and read the post of mine that you called "ridiculous." The entire time I was speaking in general terms. I've continued to speak in general terms in each subsequent post. You are the one who is fixated on this one particular person, not I. However, even in this particular instance, an investigation is still required, because that is where all of that information is put together into a coherent narrative, detailing what this person has allegedly done, listing all evidence against them, and specifying which account is theirs and what other characters they may have that may also be doing other things that have not been caught or reported. It's called case building. If you don't believe me, look it up. At this point I've grown tired of your insults, so we're done here. (You also failed to address the point I made earlier about needing to investigate in order to determine how the hack was being done so they could put in place the means to prevent such hacks in the future.)
This thread brought up numerous examples, including the blatant flyhacker I've been referencing. Your response was directed at those complaints. I'm explaining to you how your response is inapplicable, and yes, ridiculous in cases like this. And sure, technically there can be an "investigation" that goes like this: The devs have all the videos and reports. They watch and read them. They conclude that he's blatantly hacking. They ban him. Could the investigation go into greater depth to determine exactly what the hack was, what his other accounts are, etc? Sure, but there's no reason that all has to happen before he gets banned. The fact that he continues to blatantly flyhack is crazy, even if there is an ongoing "investigation." Many games run automatic anti-cheat systems. When that system detects a hack, it automatically bans the player. There is no need for "investigations" when the evidence is incontrovertible.

Again, sometimes lengthy investigations are needed to ensure that players get something resembling due process. We certainly don't want innocent people getting falsely punished. But there are way too many cases of completely blatant rule violations, that any "investigation" should be extremely fast and decisive. The fact that that does not happen is unacceptable.

Rion_Starkiller
05.06.2019 , 01:04 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
IP should never be used because anyone hacking will be using a VPN. If they aren’t, then their even more stupid than we already think they are.
I used to co-admin a civ mp ladder & forum. You'd be surprised at the number of people that don't "hide" their regular IP addresses for fake/duplicate accounts (usually a clueless teenager). They also tend to reuse email addresses. The people using fake/dup accounts would have to change their IP address between each account, and they could NEVER make a mistake, or we would be able to track them down. In the end though, all you can really do is make it difficult for a cheater/exploiter/etc so that it's not worth the effort involved.

PS -- We could also find them with site cookies.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Seterade
05.06.2019 , 02:41 PM | #233
actualy in almost all of this proofs he was using the exact same name, and the name can only exists on one character per server. you could tell the server by all the names provided in the proofs an aligning it with server name lists. 99% chance only one server will have every one of those names on its server list for each proof

there is no prettying this up. they dont care. 8 days and counting for any responce at all from tickets and pms

Lhancelot
05.09.2019 , 05:02 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
there is no prettying this up. they dont care. 8 days and counting for any responce at all from tickets and pms
I would like to think not all of them don't care. I just think there's so many holes in the bottom of this boat that it's hard for them to plug them all up so the boat can properly stay afloat.

The issue of this game having an awful petition/ticket system to report shady behavior through is just one of hundreds of things that really ought to be updated/improved upon/fixed/etc.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

TrixxieTriss
05.09.2019 , 05:08 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post

The issue of this game having an awful petition/ticket system to report shady behavior through is just one of hundreds of things that really ought to be updated/improved upon/fixed/etc.
I’m really glad Mike addressed this concern in his April report. Hopefully he’s also listened to feed back on how to improve their planned changes to the system.

Lhancelot
05.09.2019 , 05:25 PM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’m really glad Mike addressed this concern in his April report. Hopefully he’s also listened to feed back on how to improve their planned changes to the system.
He's good and it's nice to see a guy that clearly keeps his word and has a strong work ethic on top of everything else.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

TrixxieTriss
05.09.2019 , 07:18 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
He's good and it's nice to see a guy that clearly keeps his word and has a strong work ethic on top of everything else.
Absolutely

He also tells it like it is and doesn’t spin it. If he can’t do something now, he says so and why. Some of us may not like his reasons, but you have to respect the fact he’s trying to be transparent and honest and isn’t scared to tell us bad news.

It’s extremely refreshing and I wish the whole team would be like that.

merovejec
05.14.2019 , 02:15 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Euro_rip View Post
just wanna post it here
This is actually very old info. The people involved know Lyala very well by now.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

merovejec
05.14.2019 , 04:42 AM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Nice try bot user. But i just checked your forum account and statistics show you have only 4 messages wrote over all period which were written yesterday and consist of accusing others in wintrade or bot using. Same with the next guy who wrote after you lol. If you are an active legit player why did you started to write on forum only now when people accused your bots? And all you wrote is 4 messages of accusing others??
And you see? People worry about players leaving the game, yet people have no issue to create a new account, pay sub, just to keep playing (cause of ban) or create forum posts or bots for ranked. So all in all this cheating is good money for Bioware xD
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 68130

merovejec
05.14.2019 , 07:13 AM | #240
Also, if you want to talk about players who are buying top three @Mike just check leaderboards, you will see the top 1 Merc and Mando in solo ranked. Both toons belong to same player. This player is very known on the server, mainly in PVE. Again he is good, but looking at both of his toons, they are both top 1 spot and went there straight, no issues. That is just too weird and looks like it is being manipulated. The seasons before he was struggling to get gold, now he keeps top 1 position. Thats how it works.
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 68130