Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unassembled Components in 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Unassembled Components in 6.0
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pamplonac
05.13.2019 , 01:25 AM | #151
Quote:
As I said in another thread, the discussion is actively ongoing on not only what new gear will look like, but how it will be acquired. So weigh in on how you see UCs in the future, if at all.
Is there any chance or maybe ongoing discussion amongst the developers, to add some or any (even-1) amount of Gear Crystals or any kind of high-end gear materials etc, by finishing weekly missions like - Section-X, Black Hole, CZ-198, Ziost... for the first time on week basis of course, like we have a specific amount of Command points now?

In my opinion, that would bring a lot of players to the worlds which are now a bit lonely and deserted. Ossus is the only one where you get that high-end gear. Reviving all of the above-mentioned planets can be really exciting and would definitely bring more players, for the crystal hunt. That would also immensely influence all gameplay on that specific planets. Like, nowadays very hard or even impossible to get, PvP achievements. If not a member of a very large guild, which may or not may be interested in doing any of them, like for example CZ198 - 1980 kills...etc?

I just hope you will reconsider this option? I love doing these dailies, on all the planets, especially devastated Ziost and lush Section-X, for me all of them are really marvelously built.

omaan
05.13.2019 , 04:11 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
What is this elusive 6.0 you are speaking of ?

Let me spin this around, how would you want to see gear acquired via PvP in a large future update, such as an expansion? Should it be via a commendation system (UCs, PvP tokens, etc)? Should it be drops from boxes? Mission rewards? Yes?

As I said in another thread, discussion are actively on going on not only what new gear will look like, but how it will be acquired. So weigh in on how you see UCs in the future, if at all.

-eric
Doesnt matter with what gear for pvp will be acquired, most important that IT MUST BE FAST enough since pvp players must be able to play pvp depending firmly on skill but not gear. Full Gear must be obtained via pvp very fast since pvp players have no time on any gear grind . Current ranked seasons are small and players need to spend their time on increasing skill and getting elo rather than grinding daylies or weeklies.

Lhancelot
05.13.2019 , 06:07 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Doesnt matter with what gear for pvp will be acquired, most important that IT MUST BE FAST enough since pvp players must be able to play pvp depending firmly on skill but not gear. Full Gear must be obtained via pvp very fast since pvp players have no time on any gear grind . Current ranked seasons are small and players need to spend their time on increasing skill and getting elo rather than grinding daylies or weeklies.
This is an excellent point about why it's important that gearing be faster, at least for PVP purposes.

If they want horrible gag-inducing grinds, awesome! Keep it to your PVE though and offer options for PVPers that allow them to not be under-geared for ages on all their alts due to such an awful gear grind.

PVP should be about skill, not gears. End of story.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

merovejec
05.13.2019 , 07:12 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
This is an excellent point about why it's important that gearing be faster, at least for PVP purposes.

If they want horrible gag-inducing grinds, awesome! Keep it to your PVE though and offer options for PVPers that allow them to not be under-geared for ages on all their alts due to such an awful gear grind.

PVP should be about skill, not gears. End of story.
Well, yes, but honestly you do not see many 258 rating people in ranked. The PVPers are above 252 but still, there are very few full 258 even though you could have gotten full 258 on a lot of alts by now.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130