Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is why I don't bother with ranked this season

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
This is why I don't bother with ranked this season

DarthCasus
05.11.2019 , 10:37 AM | #11
It hasn't mattered for so long now, they're not comfortable with shaking up the meta or reacting to forum feedback (well, the good stuff). They're not attempting any new earth shattering changes to how they approach ranked. They've not even added map selection.

While I don't envy them for having to deal with the dregs of the pvp community, baseless complaints, mounting complaints of lack of class balance (which would throw it off elsewhere ingame) and being stretched for resources, I can't say they aren't in a pretty good position to AT LEAST TRY SOMETHING.

Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
if you run around with S-1 all star title, does anyone actually care?
While I agree, it does matter to those who got them. Even though it arguably didn't mean much then either.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

alexzk
05.11.2019 , 01:57 PM | #12
he is an antiranked person. basically he said dont play ranked because a win is decided by higher ping and rng crits.

he also said earlier no to expertise because he didnt want to carry around another set of gear. (I dont need to explain why I included that)

Hah, nice to be remembered, or you just clicked link and checked posts ?
Still, I think expertise is bad move :P Been with/without in many games including this one. Btw I basically crafted my 258 doing pvp - mats & money from + cc boxes during. That extra expensive one just got from gtn.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

omeru
05.11.2019 , 04:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
https://i.imgur.com/z55gdkV.jpg
6.0 is the absolutely last hope for me. Unless this nonsense is radically changed then I will finally be gone. Objectively speaking that would probably better for my mental state
When you think who created current useless matchmaking will gonna make changes for 6.0 i have almost no hope for 6.0 if things go even worse that might be a positive for me. TBH when i see current macth making and see hoe they didnt even spend some time to meke it decent i dont think we can expect a decent change from this team. They will just not gonna give a **** about pvp and 6.0 ranked will be even worse. Like every season was worse than previous one.

foxmob
05.12.2019 , 01:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
While I agree, it does matter to those who got them. Even though it arguably didn't mean much then either.
s1 tier 1 rancor mount was, imo, the best ranked reward in the game. the Furious weapon sets were also very nice (silver for one of the seasons).
Krack

Seterade
05.12.2019 , 01:58 PM | #15
yes, but the rancor and the weapons were buyable with ranked comms were they not?

did they have a special lock on them were unless you made top3/gold you were literaly unable to buy them from vendor for ranked comms?

I legit dont know, I was still new in 3.0 the season on furious. but the season proceeding 3.0 have all had buyable rewards without a rank lock on buying them

JediMasterAlex
05.12.2019 , 02:39 PM | #16
yes, but the rancor and the weapons were buyable with ranked comms were they not?

did they have a special lock on them were unless you made top3/gold you were literaly unable to buy them from vendor for ranked comms?

I legit dont know, I was still new in 3.0 the season on furious. but the season proceeding 3.0 have all had buyable rewards without a rank lock on buying them
You had to be the highest tier (over 1500 I believe), and they gave them to you as rewards, along with the s-1 all-star title. There was nothing to purchase. There was no top 3 for season one either. They recently added the rancor and season 1 weapons to the ranked pvp vendor for a lot of tokens.

Seterade
05.12.2019 , 02:49 PM | #17
how interesting.

My first ranked season was the one with the "hot" title, (actually I think I was one season before that.. I remember being frustrated that my first season had nothing but some "crystal" set to show for it.) and the weapon case could be bought regardless of whether you made silver.

guess things have changed.

Lhancelot
05.13.2019 , 06:20 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I can understand your frustration, but so far your rating is ok and you should keep trying as your luck might improve.
Well, the problem with this for me is that the system is in dire need of a renovation so accepting it just because I personally may find some success or be "ok" in ranked isn't a good enough reason to not fuss about it.

it's crap, everyone knows it's crap, and it's their responsibility as a game designer to make it not crap.

You know rating is not a real picture of your skill so you shouldn't be upset about it.
imo ELO is exactly just that, it's supposed to be a real picture of your skill. ELO isn't indicating that, just as you point out which tells me that their ELO system needs gutted or fixed somehow. Which is what Lundorff seems to believe, too.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

DavidAtkinson
05.13.2019 , 08:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Well, the problem with this for me is that the system is in dire need of a renovation so accepting it just because I personally may find some success or be "ok" in ranked isn't a good enough reason to not fuss about it.

it's crap, everyone knows it's crap, and it's their responsibility as a game designer to make it not crap.

imo ELO is exactly just that, it's supposed to be a real picture of your skill. ELO isn't indicating that, just as you point out which tells me that their ELO system needs gutted or fixed somehow. Which is what Lundorff seems to believe, too.
To be somewhat accurate we would need a 1v1 que... In this game it's actually a sick joke as your performance depends on other 3 random god know who's.

From Wikipedia

"The Elo[a] rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in zero-sum games such as chess. It is named after its creator Arpad Elo, a Hungarian-American physics professor.

The Elo system was originally invented as an improved chess rating system over the previously used Harkness system, but is also used as a rating system for multiplayer competition in a number of video games,[1] association football, American football, basketball,[2] Major League Baseball, table tennis, Scrabble, board games such as Diplomacy and other games.

The difference in the ratings between two players serves as a predictor of the outcome of a match. Two players with equal ratings who play against each other are expected to score an equal number of wins. A player whose rating is 100 points greater than their opponent's is expected to score 64%; if the difference is 200 points, then the expected score for the stronger player is 76%. "

At this point it's a matter of a simple choice., Dude what do you want ? Elo or you want some good rewards at the end of the season ?

If you want good rating and nice shiny flairs you won't que all the time and if you want some good rewards you will go for it and not worry about the outcome.

Lhancelot
05.13.2019 , 07:06 PM | #20
At this point it's a matter of a simple choice., Dude what do you want ? Elo or you want some good rewards at the end of the season ?

If you want good rating and nice shiny flairs you won't que all the time and if you want some good rewards you will go for it and not worry about the outcome.
I don't care about ELO and I don't care about good rewards at the end of the season.

I care about gearing all my alts in a non-grinding fashion so I can PVP with all of them and not have to worry about gear discrepancies between my toons and those I fight.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696