SW:TOR is young, let it grow!

Durpadurp

I think this needs to be said:

We all have to take a step back here and remember that SW:TOR launched officially on 12/20/2011. It just clicked the 2 month mark. TWO MONTHS! It is still very early in the game's life. Every game starts out like this. Nothing is perfect the day it comes out, and if you expect it to be you are living a dream. Wake up please.

Like I said, the game is young. I believe it is off to a great start. MMOs have long life spans and change very much during that span. The day they are born and the day they die are always marginally different beasts. With Bioware releasing weekly patches, and releasing new content quarterly, how can you be mad? People tend to forget that they adopted a brand new game, then complain when it's not perfect.

That said, please let this game mature. Give more/better constructive criticism. Help others out, help yourself out, and help this game become what we all want. We all jumped on the bandwagon, now lets ride this out.

I agree. Even with a long development time, there's no way on earth an MMO can start with the level of content that something like FFXI or WoW developed over their lifetime.

I feel that BW has put in some amazing class missions and quests, some basic PvP options and enough to get us started for 3 months. Whilst it was perfectly possible to race through these a lot of people are still joining, levelling and getting to grips with the game.

Hardcore gamers (I used to be on) could, get through the content fast and so they need to hear what's coming up but I don't think it's unreasonable for BW to wait 3 months...

I'm happy right now. Like a lot of people I am waiting to see what happens next and am hoping that we'll get some interesting things to focus on in March but I'm not expecting a fully fledged endgame yet.

I can see why some are because it's fairly easy to hit 50 where things get repetitive. This game appeals to a lot of people, many of them not hardcore gamers. I think not feeling pressured to raid 24/7 is important for some players. I know it is for me and I used to play like that.

I think March will be a key month for this game but I'm enjoying it for what it is right now.

Edited by eldelphia

I have been cruising the forums for weeks now and dismay at the number of ppl that take the time to write "This Game is Dead" posts.... I have an interesting idea if you dont like the game the way it is how about suggesting things to make it better like me asking for a Voice system in almost every post i make... i really want a voice system that is linked to the game... dont wanna pay extra for one and also dont wanna give out my IP to everyone i group with.

But if its too hard to wait for the game to get fully fleshed and play it as it comes out well there is always going back to wow or playing a different game, and btw guess what? you do not need to write silly little dead game posts or whatever just leave....

I agree. We had a really smooth start, there really aren't THAT MANY bugs and the game is really fun. People just think that all BW was doing during development was coding and they had a lot of time to fix the bugs. The truth is, they had to create the story and all, so the actual coding and creating environment phase was shorter and really, there's no software bug-free. Even Microsoft Paint has bugs and this game is A LOT BIGGER than Paint. :D

There are many things that can grow.

There are roses and there are nose hairs.

There is agriculture and there is mold.

And then there are things needing to be cut to grow. Like cherry trees.

I don't care about products that aren't in a GOLD state when released. But I do care about products not in a GOLD state after two months. Way too many bugs still there. Customer Service stinks. FPS issues are not even addressed, and the statements made by BW feel like an insult. As if I am too stupid to turn down the details to get higher performance. Plus things like eternity vault being bugged as hell.

My subscription is canceled. Got a 3-month sub because the game was really great. Just canceled it, so they have 2 months left to fix the biggest nuisances.

We'll see. Spent enough on this already. It's time to deliver, not to hope for improvement.

I absolutely agree. I can't understand why people spend their time whining in a forum like this about some minor (and also major) issues in the game, that basically just makes them look like idiots :p Or maybe they otherwise live in a perfect world where everything goes perfectly all the time, who knows, and in their world this came would've been launched perfect with no flaws :D

I'm sure there are adequate bunch of people working on all the issues all the time so whining about it here is soooo worth it :p

People want instant gratification and are rarely willing to wait for things anymore. In this case, people are also comparing the features of a two-month game to games that have had over four years of constant development. They want what they want (and what they're used to) right now and aren't willing to pay to wait for it.

I think a lot of the whiners are people that have not:

1) ever signed a 30 year mortgage note

2) bought their own car with their own credit, and signed a note for 60 months (terribad idea, btw)

3) gone to school to get a four year degree bacaure it takes four years! (That's 3.9 years too long!)

4) hiked the Appalachian Trail because it is 2000+ miles long (What? That's too long!)

Everone that wants their result NOW! Sorry guys. Most things that are worth having do take a little longer. BW wants to have a great game out there and are working on it. Buy that house, go to school, take a hike...(you might save the hike 'til after you graduate though).

And play SWTOR. I'm sticking around to see how things turn out...

2) bought their own car with their own credit, and signed a note for 60 months (terribad idea, btw)

3) gone to school to get a four year degree bacaure it takes four years! (That's 3.9 years too long!)

4) hiked the Appalachian Trail because it is 2000+ miles long (What? That's too long!)

Everone that wants their result NOW! Sorry guys. Most things that are worth having do take a little longer. BW wants to have a great game out there and are working on it. Buy that house, go to school, take a hike...(you might save the hike 'til after you graduate though).

If that's the case then they should have waited till it was ready before putting it out. As your argument works both ways there.

I'm sorry but with all the money between LA, BW and EA. They could and should have left this game into development for another year and avoided all of this.

Or maybe used a gaming engine that isn't the Hero Engine and actually works.

Edited by Nussianis

If that's the case then they should have waited till it was ready before putting it out. As your argument works both ways there.

I'm sorry but with all the money between LA, BW and EA. They could and should have left this game into development for another year and avoided all of this.\

Or maybe used a gaming engine that isn't the Hero Engine and actually works.

Yeah, like they would wait a other year. I remember in Dec 2010 when everyone started flaming why is wasn't out. If it would of not been release this Year (Or last year actually) Then people would of rage even more...

I just laugh at the constant complaints. These people have forgotten (or weren't there) when wow launched and we had six months of CRAP before they started fixing stuff. I can remember random bugs that were there at almost a year before they were fixed.

If you want the game to be fun, it's going to be fun. If you want to be emo and constantly complain before moving on to the next new game, all the while lamenting how much you wanted this game to be great-- then that's the experience you'll have.

Make your fun. Make your game.

People want instant gratification and are rarely willing to wait for things anymore. In this case, people are also comparing the features of a two-month game to games that have had over four years of constant development. They want what they want (and what they're used to) right now and aren't willing to pay to wait for it.

Instant gratification? In what manner are you speaking?

Gear is too easy to obtain in this game.

Levels are too easy to achieve in this game.

Even casual players can level and gear up much faster in this game than most others realeased to date.

Now, if you're referring to people's need for bugs being fixed, yes. Absolutely. It is completely ridiculous that encounters can be running fine and all of a sudden break. There are Operations, daily quests, class quests and a plethora of other thigns in this game that are bugged to the point of being either impossible to complete, or costing players their in-game credits a LOT in order to work through until you make it with the bugs.

Main Topic:

New game, sure. However, many other things not directly related to the game make it a huge dissapointment: Customer Service. (I highly doubt one needs to go into details here)

Bottom line: This game has some great features. Many bugs are normal for MMOs and people will deal with those. Overall though, the complete package is rather lacking. I'm sorry, I grew up a huge Star Wars fan, this game really disappointed me.

Those enjoying it, fantastic. Keep on playing! Every game has it's followers and this is one that will go on for years just because it's Star Wars.

Before I bought this game I viewed online and saw what people had to say about it. On a popular search engine a website number 6 in most views stated its flaws and how this game will die and go free play like all the others. Personally I hate paying for online games but after my first experience of online gaming back in the 56k dail up era playing Diablo 2 and people cheating, using hacks and pindlebots so on to get the ultimate drops. Really bugged me. When I pay for a game I pay for a constant updated bug fix and a removal of hack cheaters. Playing fair and equal is only way to play. Then getting owned is down to my lack of skill and needs of improvement. This game so far offers the thrills I want. I ignored the bad reviews just so i can hold a lightsabre. Some love affairs with Star Wars die hard.

May the force be with me and my wallet ;)

I dont care about the bugs, I love the game. And I play it my style.

I do questing in weekdays and during the weekends I PvP a lot.

I work monday till friday from morning till evening. some evenings i play tennis or do fun things with my wife.

I simply dont play 24/7, so I'm not bored of being lvl 50 after the first month since launch.

SWTOR is a great game and it will become much better in future, if all the feedback is given in a normal way.

Biggest budget in MMO history.

A lot of MMOs to assess success and value effect factors from.

Still manages to make bad and static end game.

Sorry, it's just to hard to believe that this is anything but incompetence.

I'm happy with the game. I was soooooo tired of WoW. I tried others like Rift, STO, ect but found nothing that really enticed me the way WoW had. The game has a ways to go, there is no question about that. But the leveling experience was second to none imo.

Now they'll take some to time fix the bugs here and there and devote thier attention to the end game experience.

I'm onboard for the long run.

PS - This is my first post on the SWTOR boards. This community is sweet!

Oh you arrogant fool. You really can't judge anyone here. I'm 34 years old, self-employed, got several notes and play SWTOR. And have my own car. So you are wrong about people playing SWTOR. My RL friend is a doctor and plays SWTOR with me.

Results now?! LoL. After 5 years of development we could at least get guild banks. Not to mention the horror engine. I bet a lot of people won't stick around "just to see how things turn out..." because sticking around isn't free. It's not expensive either but why waste any money on it "just to see how things turn out..." I can easly see that on youtube.

I am totally new to SW. I bought the game this weekend in fact.

I am not new to mmos though. I played UO (Ultima online) for a good 5 years (from its launch), then I played some EQ, but when WoW came out I jumped to that at the day of launch.

I've tried many games during my WoW phase lol, from Star Trek online, to DnDo, and rift. none really held my attention for long.

That game brought me lots of fun and it was a hard decision to shut my account off but after almost 7 years there wasnt much left for me to do (you can only level and kill the same bosses over and over with the pretty similar mechanics).

I used to be a pretty hard core gamer but not anymore (work, kids, house, family) play a new role but I still play.

Anyway all that to say that I decided to check out SW after some old friends from WoW came over. I did and I am not a very high level and I havent explored or know much about the game yet but I can say it is quite enjoyable.

I might have a different perception of the game when I max out and get the hang of thing but the game was well worth the money and the time I have invested in it so far. I dont forsee going anywhere anytime soon.

As for the age-old debate that some hardcore gamers dont have a life, I have to argue that point. I know a few which are quite successful RL but gaming is their hobby, its what they want to do in their spare time. Dont judge people unless you know them :)

I hope that SW has a long life.

I can understand the frustration for hardcore MMO'ers who want lots of end game content. I however am loving this game, has a few glitches, but i program and as a programmer i know that a program never does exactly what you think it will. Also consider that bioware had 3 projects going at one time (DA2, which wasn't very good, and ME3, which will hopefully be awesome) I hope SWotR has a long lifespan. And i hope that the devs add more content for endgame, and they are addressing bugs as fast as they can. I get sick and tired of flamers that bash the game day and night. I play rep mostly and it can be hard, but its still fun. I've been playing this game since a week before launch and im only just now hitting 50 with my first character. I have 5 others that I play as well. So jump around a little, sit back and enjoy the ride. That's what I've done and I'm loving it.