Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forget Me, Remember Voss (spoilers ensue)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Forget Me, Remember Voss (spoilers ensue)

JennyFlynn
12.16.2016 , 08:35 PM | #111
I read this on FF but decided to respond here with my thoughts instead.

I absolutely loved this. I've always liked the Voss and felt a sense of intrigue towards them and when my first Agent reached the marriage to Phi-ton part, I was both excited and scared worrying how Vector would react. I had my finger ready on the ESC button but luckily it worked out. Your story masterfully plays out how it could have gone wrong and not even in terms of Vector's reaction but the consequences of the ritual itself. You gave the rite of Ardor a lot of depth and more meaning than the game itself relayed and I enjoyed it.

Your Vector was stunning, I do love that man to bits and he seemed so genuine to the Vector I know in game. Your Agent's awesome too, it sounds like she pretty much followed the same path I did.

The Sith.. for the life of me I couldn't imagine who the hell he was and then you revealed it and I just... DUH! I'd completely forgotten about his existence, oops? You turned him into a well worthy villain though, or at least more so than in-game and I won't soon forget him again.

Fantastic work Misha I'm so pleased I read this. And screw being 4 months late to the party, shameless bump to the top.

PS: Suck on that Nox. <3
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

MishaCantu
12.16.2016 , 11:53 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I read this on FF but decided to respond here with my thoughts instead.

I absolutely loved this. I've always liked the Voss and felt a sense of intrigue towards them and when my first Agent reached the marriage to Phi-ton part, I was both excited and scared worrying how Vector would react. I had my finger ready on the ESC button but luckily it worked out. Your story masterfully plays out how it could have gone wrong and not even in terms of Vector's reaction but the consequences of the ritual itself. You gave the rite of Ardor a lot of depth and more meaning than the game itself relayed and I enjoyed it.

Your Vector was stunning, I do love that man to bits and he seemed so genuine to the Vector I know in game. Your Agent's awesome too, it sounds like she pretty much followed the same path I did.

The Sith.. for the life of me I couldn't imagine who the hell he was and then you revealed it and I just... DUH! I'd completely forgotten about his existence, oops? You turned him into a well worthy villain though, or at least more so than in-game and I won't soon forget him again.

Fantastic work Misha I'm so pleased I read this. And screw being 4 months late to the party, shameless bump to the top.

PS: Suck on that Nox. <3
Thanks Jenny. I feel like you just resurrected an old friend. This was my first ever story and it taught me an awful lot, especially about sentence structure and dialogue. There are so many things I learned that I have carried through to my other stories and there are so many things I would go back and fix in this one, if I ever got the time. Like misplaced commas, stinted sentences that would have been better served by joining them together with a simple and, or, but, so, etc. Hopefully I have gotten better about that sort of stuff with time but I still have to be careful not to fall back into bad habits. My special thanks to De-mu-Noki for pointing these things out to me.

But still, I liked the overall gist of the story, doing the twist on the Voss culture, my take on Vector, the agent and the villain, weaving in bits of the SWTOR game yet staying outside the constraints of the actual game play. I always found the Voss to be endlessly fascinating, and once I found the hook of the Rite of Ardor, I just sort of ran with it. I am so glad you enjoyed it. I have actually started on a sequel of sorts, but it is not fleshed out enough yet, I only have a couple of chapters written so far. Once Long Odds is done, I might give it a bit more attention, I just hope there is interest.

Not to worry about the shameless bump, it will get buried again in no time, we still have a lot of writers posting, which is a good thing. Cheers.

Foxfirerose
12.17.2016 , 07:18 AM | #113
You just hope there is interest? Seriously? Trust me, there is interest!!! I will really be looking forward to that sequel for sure! Your version of Vector in this story is just.....exquisite

Lunafox
12.17.2016 , 05:50 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxfirerose View Post
You just hope there is interest? Seriously? Trust me, there is interest!!! I will really be looking forward to that sequel for sure! Your version of Vector in this story is just.....exquisite
I agree, there is interest! I'm interested in reading more for sure! ^^
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

JennyFlynn
12.17.2016 , 06:21 PM | #115
Sign me up as well, I surely wouldn't mind seeing this story continue, obviously!
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Kesarai
01.09.2017 , 04:53 PM | #116
This was awesome & thank you so much for writing and sharing it!! It helped me sorta close the chapter with my Agent. She had chose not to become involved with Vector prior to Voss & then on Voss she had immediately started flirting with Phi-ton and was pleasantly surprised when she got the chance to marry him.

Was disappointed when Vector had asked her to marry him and there was no choice to say "No, I can't, am already married". She truly does love Phi-ton and enjoys being married to him. I had asked on forums if he ever reappeared and nope, so she is going to try to move on. Was also disappointed when she could not go back to visit him at the tea house as well.

But I truly thank you for your story, although the relationships were different, it gave me ideas on how my mind could finalize her relationship ending & move on with her life (long story short, use to RP, don't really anymore other than to immerse myself into the storylines of my characters)...

But thank you and awesome job, keep up the writing