Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anthem getting an overhaul/rework

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Anthem getting an overhaul/rework

Darth-Obvious
11.15.2019 , 12:17 PM | #1
So while all signs point to Anthem being dead. Apparently it's getting a complete overhaul/rework called "Anthem Next" similar to what happened with Final Fantasy 14 & A Realm Reborn

https://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-p...hem-1839892415

Wish Bioware/EA had doubled down on SWTOR like that after it's launch didn't go according to plan.

SerraShar
11.15.2019 , 05:41 PM | #2
yeah still waiting for it to burn and crash and KABOUMMMM!

Here hoping .

Nothing will save that POS of a game!
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

bassfu
11.16.2019 , 12:34 AM | #3
Overhaul can mean a lot of things and judging by the article Bioware doesn't even know what it means yet. For all we know they'll turn the game F2P and spend more time on the cash shop.

aeterno
11.16.2019 , 05:44 AM | #4
My first instinct is to be salty AF they're doing this after Scrooge McDucking SWTOR post launch + that they're apparently having BW Austin do a lot of it... which means we're getting the short end of the stick even more.

But on further thought... if it pans out it might herald an actual positive change of mentality over at EA... a departure from the "launch it and put it in maintenance mode if it's not the next big thing" model.... so some good may come to this game or at least EAs other projects yet.

BelorfinSiana
11.16.2019 , 04:51 PM | #5
I wish they would give up on that dumb game.
The Siana Legacy - Star Forge
Isharo Izark; Jorran Reynn; Aldo Fetmirna; Zelorfin; Valurin Raster; Mechinus; Belorfin (Siana); Lucîan

BlueShiftRecall
11.16.2019 , 07:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BelorfinSiana View Post
I wish they would give up on that dumb game.
They can't yet they haven't even gotten through 1 year of their "10-year game plan."
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's

ImmortalLowlife
11.16.2019 , 11:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
My first instinct is to be salty AF they're doing this after Scrooge McDucking SWTOR post launch + that they're apparently having BW Austin do a lot of it... which means we're getting the short end of the stick even more.

But on further thought... if it pans out it might herald an actual positive change of mentality over at EA... a departure from the "launch it and put it in maintenance mode if it's not the next big thing" model.... so some good may come to this game or at least EAs other projects yet.
I think they're putting so much effort into keeping anthem alive because it's their original i.p. unlike Star Wars which belongs to Disney. They stand to make a LOT more money in the long run with a "games as service" that they get 100% of the profits from as opposed to SW giving them a percentage. They bet big on anthem and lost, and now they're trying to recover.

I Actually hope they don't succeed in resurrecting that dead horse tho.... simply because they'll come to the conclusion that "games as service" bull crap is the business model to use and they'll completely infect franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect with always online functionality, and fill it with "surprise mechanics".
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

merovejec
11.17.2019 , 12:37 PM | #8
Well there goes another one of Ben Irvings succsesful projects.... hopefully they do see the pattern here. I havent played Anthem, dont have the time and its not my kind of game, but i watched a lot of streams of it. To be honest I cannot really see the reason for it being unsuccsesful, but for me the game is very confusing and I do not get what the strongholds are about, how the boss fights work since its all very confusing.

It looks like a nice game to play for story and to run through it, but I dont see this as a MMO which will keep the people busy for years. I do wish EA and Bioware the best but this really isnt the way to go. I hope it iwll not influence the work on swtor again.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Ahwassa
11.18.2019 , 08:02 AM | #9
I hope they can make the game better and add more content with more replay value.
The game itself is very beautiful, I love the storm javelin and the gameplay. And the story wasn´t that terrible.
Just a bit flat for Bioware standards.

BUT there wasn´t enough content and the end felt rushed. The monitor should have had more buildup.
And if we could chat with other players, that would be great

vingmotor
11.18.2019 , 09:17 AM | #10
is it worth getting now? for 50 euros on playstation?