Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bobby_McDonald
09.02.2017 , 01:07 PM | #2051
Quote: Originally Posted by twpotter View Post
Very much this^^
With added- I don't care how long it takes for you guys to make new content, i just want to be able to play the game i pay for, without unnecessary downtime caused by untested, badly written code.

Also you need to get some players back - I think one of Biowares crazier decisions was to remove F2P and Pref players ability to join ops. Bring back Ops passes please. Us subs need people to play the game with.

You will still make money from the F2P mob due to GM's using the CM to buy them for guildees...or the F2P'rs buying them for themselves.
Agreed. I do not need more and more new content, if it comes with more and more bugs or even the team being to busy to fix old bugs. Please keep and make the game running smoothly, take care of the things that are already in game before you try to create new content.

Sareeph
09.02.2017 , 01:34 PM | #2052
Quote: Originally Posted by rustybook View Post
The internet comparison is pretty poor. This is a mmorpg the requirement for customer service is a lot higher and also is and should be a lot more interactive. And things happen? This is the norm with BioWare, I really doubt your validity for that statement considering that makes it sounds like this is a rare thing that can happen to anyone. Not it isn't, and there are less resourceful companies such as Aeriagames who's always way better with patching and fixing things when down much faster. They also have a smaller team. Of course, it doesn't help anyone by throwing tantrums, but that's neither here nor there as it does not excuse the level of competence in the Bioware division in the past years really.
Are you truly stating that an MMO requires a higher level of customer service than an Internet Provider? I can't say that would be my priority.

casirabit
09.02.2017 , 01:41 PM | #2053
The internet comparison is pretty poor. This is a mmorpg the requirement for customer service is a lot higher and also is and should be a lot more interactive. And things happen? This is the norm with BioWare, I really doubt your validity for that statement considering that makes it sounds like this is a rare thing that can happen to anyone. Not it isn't, and there are less resourceful companies such as Aeriagames who's always way better with patching and fixing things when down much faster. They also have a smaller team. Of course, it doesn't help anyone by throwing tantrums, but that's neither here nor there as it does not excuse the level of competence in the Bioware division in the past years really.
Frankly I don't compare games to each other if I did that I would compare Tor to SWG and there are some things I would say that Tor needs (better crafting for one) that SWG has but they are totally different games. As far as Aeriagmes, when I browsed the type of games they have I would never play those types of games as they look boring so why would I even compare them to Tor.

As far as the internet having less customer service than a game? I don't think so. If you don't have good customer service on a internet provider you have a major problem with your internet and not having access to the internet affects more than a game so I would put an internet customer service rating higher than I would for any type of game since a game is really not that important in the scheme of things.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

rustybook
09.02.2017 , 01:51 PM | #2054
Quote: Originally Posted by Sareeph View Post
Are you truly stating that an MMO requires a higher level of customer service than an Internet Provider? I can't say that would be my priority.
In terms of the staff to consumer yeah. I rarely have to contact my internet provider about anything. I guess it depends on your internet provider. In the end, though, it really is an irrelevant comparison. Just because other companies are bad too, does not excuse Bioware. It is a poor defense.
It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey.
A quarantine zone for a plague that kills turians. Why don't we ever go anywhere nice?
I have 16 characters.My new main is Anna Xandra,(Server)Progenitor

rustybook
09.02.2017 , 01:54 PM | #2055
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Frankly I don't compare games to each other if I did that I would compare Tor to SWG and there are some things I would say that Tor needs (better crafting for one) that SWG has but they are totally different games. As far as Aeriagmes, when I browsed the type of games they have I would never play those types of games as they look boring so why would I even compare them to Tor.

As far as the internet having less customer service than a game? I don't think so. If you don't have good customer service on a internet provider you have a major problem with your internet and not having access to the internet affects more than a game so I would put an internet customer service rating higher than I would for any type of game since a game is really not that important in the scheme of things.
I'm comparing game companies to other game companies that are online. Mostly the staff and their level of competence, that is totally valid. You not liking the games has is totally irrelevant to the comparison I made. I never said you had to, I'm comparing the company.

Yeah if you don't have a good internet provider I'd agree. But here's the thing just because some internet providers or other businesses are bad too, it does not excuse the mistakes Bioware do. It's akin to kids saying "oh but he did it too"

Seriously people need to stop defending mediocre service. And when they don't improve, people still throw money at them. That's how things do not improve.
It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey.
A quarantine zone for a plague that kills turians. Why don't we ever go anywhere nice?

ivanhedgehog
09.02.2017 , 02:57 PM | #2056
Quote: Originally Posted by Qaballa View Post
It may only be a very small amount of money for each person that was affected, but multiply that by how many people BW failed to provide their service to due to their own incompetence. I'm fairly sure that's a decent sum they are receiving for not providing their product.

We pay for 30 days access, not 30 less however many BW fail to provide in that period. (ToS and EULA play very much a second fiddle to consumer law and national trading standards, before that argument is trotted out)

If the service is unavailable for a significant portion of a day, as it was on Thursday, especially for us European's that day should be added on to sub time. Maybe a delay of the next payments may provide the motivation required to prevent such gross failure in the future.

Is it just a few of us that think it not unreasonable to get what we paid for?
I just want a mini gamorrean guard to follow me around. That would make up for all the extended down times so far

CaptRogue
09.02.2017 , 03:35 PM | #2057
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
I don't care, anything else then extended CXP/XP event is unacceptable.
I don't think that will happen either, sadly, as something Eric posted during the downtime basically said it's not that easy to just extend it. (Plus again, patch happens on Tues. Monday is a holiday so nothing will be added to said patch. It would be next week at earliest.)
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

MeNaCe-NZ
09.02.2017 , 03:44 PM | #2058
The internet comparison is pretty poor. This is a mmorpg the requirement for customer service is a lot higher and also is and should be a lot more interactive.
An online game should have higher requirements for customer services? Huh? Why? Unlike an mmorpg some people actually rely on their internet connection for a lot more than their entertainment. (communication, running their business to name a couple).
I think it was a great comparison that was made and points out how minor having some downtime within a game is within the scheme of things. Your point that games should be held to a higher standard than an ISP is "pretty poor" really.

Quote:
And things happen? This is the norm with BioWare, I really doubt your validity for that statement considering that makes it sounds like this is a rare thing that can happen to anyone.
It is rare, how long have we had downtime of this scale before? There is a few hours for set servers here and there but over all it's pretty uncommon yet you throw nonsense terms around like "it's the norm".

Quote:
Not it isn't, and there are less resourceful companies such as Aeriagames who's always way better with patching and fixing things when down much faster. They also have a smaller team. Of course, it doesn't help anyone by throwing tantrums, but that's neither here nor there as it does not excuse the level of competence in the Bioware division in the past years really.
And there are far more resourceful companies that do it worse too ... look at the recent trend of unfinished AAA titles being released and these have 100's of millions of development budget put into them.

Point is **** happens, no one is saying it should be acceptable but the key is they learn and improve and implying this is how it always is around here (downtime, lack of care) is just nonsense.

rustybook
09.02.2017 , 03:55 PM | #2059
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
An online game should have higher requirements for customer services? Huh? Why? Unlike an mmorpg some people actually rely on their internet connection for a lot more than their entertainment. (communication, running their business to name a couple).
I think it was a great comparison that was made and points out how minor having some downtime within a game is within the scheme of things. Your point that games should be held to a higher standard than an ISP is "pretty poor" really.

It is rare, how long have we had downtime of this scale before? There is a few hours for set servers here and there but over all it's pretty uncommon yet you throw nonsense terms around like "it's the norm".

And there are far more resourceful companies that do it worse too ... look at the recent trend of unfinished AAA titles being released and these have 100's of millions of development budget put into them.

Point is **** happens, no one is saying it should be acceptable but the key is they learn and improve and implying this is how it always is around here (downtime, lack of care) is just nonsense.
I already addressed the thing about internet service provider. Read my past replies.

It isn't rare in terms of a mmorpg, is this the first or even 5th time it has happened? No! It doesn't matter that other times it wasn't down as long. The fact is they need to work on their staff. There's really no excuses for having a patch then breaking the game creating another longer unscheduled maintenance. Yet that's all I see excuses and comparisons. Like I said before, just because others have issues doesn't make it okay. I don't think you understood the context of when I said the norm, I meant the norm with Bioware is having issues in some shape or form. And that is the truth, that isn't limited to just patching I meant on a universal scale, not just for this game either.

Well, the point I made with a company having fewer resources is that Bioware with the resources they have, they should do better. And like I've kept saying, others doing it too or worse is not an excuse. They should all be ashamed.

Point is that "**** happens" is an irrelevant statement, it is no excuse or valid defense, and therefore holds no value to the discussion. I never implied that it's always like that, I implied that it's often like that. And that's the truth. But hey keep supporting a mediocre service, that's why they will take longer to improve significantly or won't at all. They did a poor job 3 years ago for instance, and they not doing a vastly better job now. They doing a better job yes, but good enough? Well depends on how you see it. For me, no.4

Btw maybe you don't know about the budget of Swtor's INITIAL development phase, nearly 200 million http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games...lvrit=63378#/0

Mass Effect Andromeda had 40 million in the budget and have less frequent issues already. And don't say I can't compare it. It's the same company and with less budget. After all, you were the one that started talking about AAA games. And like it or not, ME:A is one.

Also, there aren't many recent games that cost "100's of millions" so not sure what you mean. Can you even name more than 5? Even Skyrim only cost 85 million and I think the only game since 2013 that cost over 200 million was GTAV. Maybe there are a few others that I'm missing. But I don't think there are any with as many issues as SWTOR that are somewhat recent.

JozoMafijozo
09.02.2017 , 04:25 PM | #2060
can someone help me i was non sub for few days (before 5.4a) and i resubb today 02.09.2017. and it does its thing with the patch (downloading, instaling) but then it gets stuck at instaling main assets 270 at 58%. it ALSO frezes my PC i tried geting rid of bitraider (was already off) rebooting using launcher repair utility (basicly all hte **** others tried and IT DID NOT WORK) so i am geting desperate here i paid for sub cant paly it beacuse stupid INCOMPLETE patch and my sub is draining away (even that i could handle but as i have very LITTLE free time game not working is a BIG problem for me). So can anyone help me here