Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Graygorij
08.31.2017 , 04:11 PM | #1651
Quote: Originally Posted by mynxvablid View Post
Read again. He said they're in the testing phase now.
We can read. They had a "testing phase" for the last patch -- so we are looking for something a little more robust this time.

BlueWanderer
08.31.2017 , 04:11 PM | #1652
It is amazing how many people are asking for them to change even more things.....

They tried to fix 2 things and brought the servers down for 12+ hours? Imagine how long it would be if they actually introduced new features...

Amantionus
08.31.2017 , 04:12 PM | #1653
Quote: Originally Posted by Graygorij View Post
We can read. They had a "testing phase" for the last patch -- so we are looking for something a little more robust this time.
We can only hope... The testing for the last patch was clearly not rigorous enough by any measure.

blueCult
08.31.2017 , 04:12 PM | #1654
i just transfered a char minutes before the second shutdown

i hope my char is allright

Khovu
08.31.2017 , 04:12 PM | #1655
Quote: Originally Posted by Tharfindor View Post
Midnight in Europe - signing off for today. Including the 3 patch hours starting midday to afternoon and now a whole evening offline it is nearly a complete day of subscription lost.
So, not directly picking on you kinda thing you're just the last person who talked about missing out on games and it reminded me of old times. Anyone else remember having to wait 12+ hours for people to patch/update/fix text-based MMOs? Please say I'm not the only one.

cynicalwizard
08.31.2017 , 04:12 PM | #1656
I dont see why everyone thinks they should get something just because of this problem. THey dont have to give you anything, but it would be nice....yet all you do is badmouth them and demand you get something.

kajiraerin
08.31.2017 , 04:13 PM | #1657
maybe this video will help lighten the mood it is from 5 years ago and features glitches from swtor giggles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5a1KpyRyOY

Krigjeger
08.31.2017 , 04:13 PM | #1658
For the love of god please dont fix anything else!

VirtualMorrigan
08.31.2017 , 04:13 PM | #1659
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueWanderer View Post
It is amazing how many people are asking for them to change even more things.....

They tried to fix 2 things and brought the servers down for 12+ hours? Imagine how long it would be if they actually introduced new features...
If I go by the previous track record, I'm sure there will be new features introduced. I'm not sure they will be intended.

AnnieLightJedi
08.31.2017 , 04:13 PM | #1660
Quote: Originally Posted by VirtualMorrigan View Post
Games, no. Complicated applications with huge backend databases, yes. Testing and rollout procedures are pretty much standard regardless of what you deploy, and for some of us, things like that are our daytime job, like it or not That's why we will have some level of patience because we know things can go sideways, but get pretty pissed off at BS explanations.

Well said. And the sad part is, if we are compensated for this inconvenience it will be with more XP points. A few cartel coins would be nice since I'm not going to ever be making any micro transactions anyway. The last thing I coded was a simple web app with a python/php backend, and I screwed the code up pretty bad at one point with a few find+replace alls meant to create a single class for some repeptitive functions in the code. Took a few hours to get everything right again. But that was a freelance job, just me working on it, and I make sure all my code is fine before making it live. If I inconvenienced someone I would give the some kind of compensation. Actions speek louder than words. XP costs BW nothing to give. Cartel coins would show true empathy for the player base And XP is way too fast as is. I would have to make alts of the same classes just to catch up on the story I missed from being overlevelled for sidequests. But regardless, gl BW team, hopefully this hotfix rolls out smooth, May the Schwartz be with you.