Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DieAlteHexe
08.31.2017 , 02:02 PM | #1151
Quote: Originally Posted by KrizDaWiz View Post
Personally, I dont give a **** about free stuff, but if you're gonna give us free stuff get it to EVERYONE. Not make it a 1st come, first serve and screw the rest of you thing. I swear I have never seen anything like that.

I just want the game to be up so we can play STAR WARS. But, now I feel like I deserve compensation after that little antic.
He, Eric, later said the codes were not compensation but rather a little something for whilst we're all haunting the forum. If you click on the "B" at the header of the thread and "next" through Eric's messages, you'll find it.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

beornevil
08.31.2017 , 02:02 PM | #1152
Quote: Originally Posted by ParkisMaximus View Post
no you call the company and get things fixed. if it is a reason on their end that there was an outage, then they should compensate. are you seriously that stupid???
My ISP compensates you just have to have a brain and know how to talk to them in order to get it. I actually pay more for the sub here than i do to my ISP so a few CC to compensate isnt asking much. Especially considering the over priced cartel market

ThadiusMoor
08.31.2017 , 02:02 PM | #1153
Quote: Originally Posted by berelinde View Post
They were one-time use codes, and they were used before the page even finished loading for most people.

I'm sure there will be some kind of apology for "Sorry, no Star Wars today," but I'm not sure what form it will take.
There had better be something, otherwise I really am going to rethink supporting this game further...

First they add a stronghold we can't even use because of the conquest cap/stronghold cap, then they bug the holy living hell out of the game because they didn't do proper testing of the content before releasing it, then they add insult to injury by giving a very tiny group of super fast internet users free things right in front of the whole community, and then after all that...

They refuse to make fair play to the rest of us that are literally being screwed right up the tail-pipe by not making those things available to everyone that is being horridly affected by their incompitant job...

Talk about one giant steaming pile of....
The Moor Legacy
Click here to use my refer a friend link! Thanks in advance!

Click here to read about the refer a friend program!

Tamea
08.31.2017 , 02:03 PM | #1154
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well, you summed it up exactly right.
FRance : Oranje 1 : 0

UmbralSpirit
08.31.2017 , 02:03 PM | #1155
Quote: Originally Posted by LeBrood View Post
...forget Arcann....
I agree.

Amantionus
08.31.2017 , 02:03 PM | #1156
Quote: Originally Posted by Beckwith View Post
I never heard or seen any online game compensate for the time they are down.
It does happen from time to time. Usually when something major breaks. You do not see compensation for scheduled down time. You see it when things like the server had a total melt down and had to be completely reset to a previous condition and it took about a week. That got me a month of subscription time on a game I played back in the early 2000's. You rarely see it for a one day downtime sort of issue, but if it turns into an all day unscheduled downtime and then morphs into multiple days you might see something. Though what is anyone's guess.

DarthDymond
08.31.2017 , 02:03 PM | #1157
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Football doesn't kickoff for another week my friend...do you mean soccer?!
Preseason has been going on for almost a month, now.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Master-Zimoon
08.31.2017 , 02:03 PM | #1158
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiangchou View Post
I'm not one for ranting and/or posting in forums, but it is extraordinarily refreshing to see someone who a) understands the issues and b) is not sobbing into their warm milk about how UNFAIR it all is. Mistakes happen, and when they do it causes inconvenience. That is life. So what if it has lost you a few dollars/pounds/euros? How much more would you have spent down at the pub if you had gone out tonight?

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
Heh, you are likely not in the software business, and neither is the one you are quoting. Of course we SW developers hate buggy releases, but we are much ashamed when they happens and we add more tests for the next release. That is one sour spot BioWare has not learned yet, to test ahead of release.

Seterade
08.31.2017 , 02:03 PM | #1159
Quote: Originally Posted by Beckwith View Post
I never heard or seen any online game compensate for the time they are down.
http://www.inquisitr.com/4338761/sec...-for-downtime/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news190105wowdowntime

http://forums.playredfox.com/index.p...pensation.776/

I could keep looking but its really boring. these were the first 3 that showed up after googling compensated downtime

mynxvablid
08.31.2017 , 02:03 PM | #1160
Let me guess ...

Someone tripped over the power cord and now they're trying to find the power socket to plug it back in. Or are we beyond that step?