Rage PvP questions

Xavory

So I'm starting to work on my Jug a bit more now that my operative is pretty much in full WH, and I was wondering how big Vicious Slash is a part of the Jug's ability rotation.

Also, how viable would a Rage build with Unstoppable be? Something like 0/12/29.

It wouldn't be. Unfortunately the 31 pt rage talent is pretty essential for your sweeps. I run a 4/6/31 build. 1 point in whatever talent you sith types call it - defiance for Jedi, helps with rage/focus generation.

Rage without crush doesn't work, period. It's arguably better than it was in the patch (Thanks to the talent that gives you 4 stacks of shockwave when you enrage) but not having crush grossly reduces the control and damage you have as rage.

As for vicious slash, it's workable in PvP but it's very luck dependant and causes you to shift some itemization out of power to accuracy and crit. It's up to you how you want to approach that.

The problem I've seen with most people's Rage spec is that they do not play 100% into being Rage spec. Vicious Slash is worthless and should not have any points put into it. I would say in a full PVP session, I use VS maybe once... it's only when you have too much Rage and you're waiting on CDs (personally, this is when I throw out taunts / slows). It means you've gone through your rotation almost completely and need to use it as a filler. In this case, I usually burn my Enrage Defense to earn extra health. With Engraged Defense, Unleash, and Intercede, I can usually heal myself for 20K+ per warzone. I hit 40k in healing once.

Here is my pvp spec, which I do very well worth. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZf0RZGrobdfRbfz.1

Do keep in mind, this spec is meant to be played into it's strengths and to have a decent healer playing with you. As a pug, I do well, but not when you're being focus fired.

The problem I've seen with most people's Rage spec is that they do not play 100% into being Rage spec. Vicious Slash is worthless and should not have any points put into it. I would say in a full PVP session, I use VS maybe once... it's only when you have too much Rage and you're waiting on CDs (personally, this is when I throw out taunts / slows). It means you've gone through your rotation almost completely and need to use it as a filler. In this case, I usually burn my Enrage Defense to earn extra health. With Engraged Defense, Unleash, and Intercede, I can usually heal myself for 20K+ per warzone. I hit 40k in healing once.

Here is my pvp spec, which I do very well worth. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZf0RZGrobdfRbfz.1

Do keep in mind, this spec is meant to be played into it's strengths and to have a decent healer playing with you. As a pug, I do well, but not when you're being focus fired.

I hate this spec. No interceptor??? Stagger over improved sunder? A point in Unyielding?

@ OP. Stick to the cookie cutter Rage spec, 5/2/31

I guess now with the training dummies maybe people could prove that Dreadnaught is too good to pass up, but I've never had it with rage before.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MMZf0oZGrobdfRrcz.1

This is what I run in currently, I do pretty darn well with it. Focus/Rage's big draw back is lack of focus generation so the talent points in the off trees help with that quite a bit. One thing that's hard for me to get used to switching to focus (rage) from vigilance (vengeance) is the lack of survivability. When I get home from work tonight I'm going to try running in Soresu form with a shield generator. You lose a bit of focus generation and 20% armor pen but you get a lot more durability and the ability to guard. Haven't made that connection until now sadly but hey, it's not my fault my parents were related, amirite?

Edited by Runzhouse

I hate this spec. No interceptor??? Stagger over improved sunder? A point in Unyielding?

@ OP. Stick to the cookie cutter Rage spec, 5/2/31

I guess now with the training dummies maybe people could prove that Dreadnaught is too good to pass up, but I've never had it with rage before.

Yep, this is a PVP spec that I do 400K - 600K in damage in almost every warzone that I run (in BM gear with one war hero item). I've never seen another Rage spec jug beat me (while playing objectives) in damage. I don't even have biochem and I do pretty pretty. I've tried the spec you posted and it feels weak in comparison. The point of unyielding is to use it to prevent from needing interceptor. When I used interceptor, I found it wasn't very useful and that it was redundant. Slows + stuns are more useful than you running faster for a short period of time, with an ability that rarely faces you the right way. Slow gives you the added benefit of Ravage. Stun gives you time to drop a smash bomb and keep them from doing an AOE knock back. From what you have stated, it sounds like you have not tried this spec in PVP.

Improved Sunder doesn't compare to stagger. Stagger prevents you from missing with Smash. 1 miss loses too much damage. It also helps with healers to give you another interrupt. Unyielding allows you to use Enraged Defense, which is very important in 1v1 situations... it does allow you to live or keep your health over the 30% mark against marauders/juggs.

WIth this spec, Ravage, Visious Throw, Force Scream, and Smash all hit for ~5K and you can bet you won't complain about knockbacks with stagger and unyielding.

So I'm starting to work on my Jug a bit more now that my operative is pretty much in full WH, and I was wondering how big Vicious Slash is a part of the Jug's ability rotation.

Also, how viable would a Rage build with Unstoppable be? Something like 0/12/29.

notthing wrong with that build. i use it and works great, and force crush is not need for rage to succeed, it just make so you have 3 ways to do big number smashes as opposed to 2.