Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

Seterade
11.18.2019 , 07:42 PM | #91
Nah I'm not insulted, because this is the first time I've ever used mara for anything besides an alt and something different to play for an hour. I know I'm average at best, however omaan believe maras can't pull 10k while under fire in arenas.

DavidAtkinson
11.18.2019 , 10:50 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
Nah I'm not insulted, because this is the first time I've ever used mara for anything besides an alt and something different to play for an hour. I know I'm average at best, however omaan believe maras can't pull 10k while under fire in arenas.
I've done 13k DPS on my Anni marauder in SR in some healer games. No one said that the class cannot shine still.. but believe me that compared to opers and sins... maras are inferior so far in this meta. Whatever marauder does.. sins and oper do much better and as a mara main, I kinda believe there is no reason to play them in SR .

There are so many sins and opers in que that sometimes I feel totally dumb on my marauder.

I've had games yesterday where my team mates got ambushed by 2 stealths at the start of each game and they were dead in seconds. Merc still has epic defenses by they feel so irrelevant,

Opers and sins have massive burst and can finish off someone from stealth very fast. It is my experience that a team with more stealth classes played by decent players will kinda win against your mostly non stealth team. As you probably noticed class stacking is still here.

Snipers are also very strong, by I am really not worried so much about them as I am about operatives and assasins nuking my team. Of course the games vs this stealth army classes are winnable but it's not easy at all. I'ts going to be a fun season for sure.
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

NateCrazy
11.18.2019 , 11:26 PM | #93
Mara is fine middle of the pack now, come play PT with me and actually have something to QQ about.

JediMasterAlex
11.18.2019 , 11:51 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I've done 13k DPS on my Anni marauder in SR in some healer games. No one said that the class cannot shine still.. but believe me that compared to opers and sins... maras are inferior so far in this meta. Whatever marauder does.. sins and oper do much better and as a mara main, I kinda believe there is no reason to play them in SR .
This kind of reasoning just doesn't hold up. So what was the point of playing madness sorc the previous two seasons when there were mercs and snipers? Again, just because ops and sins are better doesn't mean mara is unplayable. Maras deserve no sympathy.

DzastinBiberi
11.19.2019 , 12:02 AM | #95
OP should try Hatred sin if he thinks Mara's are bad.

On Fury, I still can burst ppl to another planet.

Anni, pulled 12k in arena, top dps.

I dont play Carnage so I dont know how it performs.

With Vanish being reseted on Predation and being able yo swap tacticals out of combat, you've got many options on Mara, depending on situation.

omaan
11.19.2019 , 07:56 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
I mean I gave you an entire combat log of 7-9k of dmg even under focus fire. but you keep thinking maras suck, I personaly think you just want it buffed back to fotm.

I just went through the log... LOL one of them was an 18k fight. oof

Maybe if your having trouble doing dps on mara? maybe stop using camo pred and start using autocrit obliterate with FP set bonus? might have a different exp

the difference between an autocrit obliterate vs a normal one is about crit 25k-37k, with 10% set bonus, crit 27-40k

yesterday solo ranked healer matchs. 9k average. buff maras plox https://1drv.ms/t/s!AkugVt1vP6WWgq1h7gG2G6WJfccwQA
I do with my oper 7-9k dps but with 61 k crits thx to veiled strike+vs tactical while off healing my team mates and not being worried to be killed which mara can't (esp with obliterate tactical). On my dec sin i do 10 k dps with 60-70 k hits with mauls under all stacks from set bonus while mezzing enemy sorcs stoping them from free casting with mind maze, leg slash and WW and guarding my jugg saving him from death which mara can't do again. I don't play sorc but sorc pulls nice dps numbers while off healing his team mates which mara again can't do.

ONce again asking - why play mara? Dps lower, no heal, no serious mezz, no guard and taunt. Literally useless

Lhancelot
11.19.2019 , 08:05 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
There are so many sins and opers in que that sometimes I feel totally dumb on my marauder.
Thing is, as long as they are not performing vastly better it's only fair other classes get to have some time experiencing success. I mean look how long sins been in the dumpster, lol.

Mara been sitting pretty on top for how long now, and they still pour decent damage out. I don't feel bad for marauders tbh. I just hope sins and opers are adjusted accordingly if they prove to be performing too high.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Seterade
11.19.2019 , 11:37 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
I do with my oper 7-9k dps but with 61 k crits thx to veiled strike+vs tactical while off healing my team mates and not being worried to be killed which mara can't (esp with obliterate tactical). On my dec sin i do 10 k dps with 60-70 k hits with mauls under all stacks from set bonus while mezzing enemy sorcs stoping them from free casting with mind maze, leg slash and WW and guarding my jugg saving him from death which mara can't do again. I don't play sorc but sorc pulls nice dps numbers while off healing his team mates which mara again can't do.

ONce again asking - why play mara? Dps lower, no heal, no serious mezz, no guard and taunt. Literally useless
because you want to. look in reality this game has always been a meta of sins and opers. do you realise that since the beginning if every one had played only "meta" game would have become all dec sins, con ops, op hlrs and sin tanks? the sin and op design has always been king in pvp. but there are options, and people dont like to play them 24/7

and lets not even talk about full stealth op groups skipping 90% of op mobs.

vfreelancerv
11.19.2019 , 04:06 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Mara supposed to be most dps doing class since it has TWO sabers, no guard, no taunts and no heal abilities. Yet it does very small dps now. I swapped to play sin right when 6.0 came out because there is no sense playing mara now. Class is dead go play sin and oper
Exactly. 3% heal when we use a 3min DCD legendary uitility, but other than that no self heals. We have not taunt, easily controlled, and our burst/overall damage is rivaled if not topped by classes with far more utility. Carnage specifically needs some love.

sdom
11.19.2019 , 11:42 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
OP should try Hatred sin if he thinks Mara's are bad.

On Fury, I still can burst ppl to another planet.

Anni, pulled 12k in arena, top dps.

I dont play Carnage so I dont know how it performs.

With Vanish being reseted on Predation and being able yo swap tacticals out of combat, you've got many options on Mara, depending on situation.
I did try hatred sin. I'd still say it's a better choice than a marauder / sentinel at present.
Although, it's DPS is only useful in certain situations, where you can dot spread and use your aoe on a stack.
So its more of an arena spec, and while im not sure it would stand up to deception as we're seeing it now, it's still quite fun imo.

Sentinels are conditional in arenas the same way.
As someone mentioned they can still shine, but you need your autocrits and and force clarity to be spot on to pull those kind of numbers. Against a spread out team, or against an opponent kiting, im doubtful it would parse as high.