Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snipers are beyond broken but it's Sins who should be the ones to nerf ? Really ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Snipers are beyond broken but it's Sins who should be the ones to nerf ? Really ?

Mycroft-Tarkin
11.14.2019 , 11:29 PM | #81
Can I jump on the braindead NERF THIS train too?

I got a random Merc tactical drop that spread Heatseeker Missiles on Fusion Missile. I can now potentially do 200k damage to the enemy team in a SINGLE GCD. Nerf Merc damage!!!!!!!111one

Pls remind me if there are any other classes which haven't been on the NERF THIS list yet. I'll come up with something

jedcjedcjedc
11.14.2019 , 11:37 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Mycroft-Tarkin View Post
Can I jump on the braindead NERF THIS train too?

I got a random Merc tactical drop that spread Heatseeker Missiles on Fusion Missile. I can now potentially do 200k damage to the enemy team in a SINGLE GCD. Nerf Merc damage!!!!!!!111one

Pls remind me if there are any other classes which haven't been on the NERF THIS list yet. I'll come up with something
that would only be 25k per person.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Mycroft-Tarkin
11.15.2019 , 03:15 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
that would only be 25k per person.
I meant in an arena, which is what balancing should be done based on. If they were to hit their 50k Heatseeker Missiles on 8 people that would be 400k in 1 GCD

limenutpen
11.15.2019 , 03:51 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickodemous View Post
I don't have much problem with sins (dps can be taken down rather quickly/tank....more difficult), a good sniper/slinger is a challenge but not unbeatable. I cannot stand ops atm....probably because there are at least 5-6 in every match. Not sure what we are QQ ing about here.
Yes stacking up classes is a huge problem. It was said a lot in last season, with Mercs / Commandos stacking up on Darth Maglus. Off course if you have two Sins (and most are running in Deception) it is a problem, in ten seconds you or one of your team mates would be death.
I did some Arenas, and then it became annoying to have three sins, and two sins and an operative or the other way round. Seven out of ten games where like that.
Then you have the other problems having off healing classes stack, when it is two OH they can heal quite a bit. Off healing should be nerfed, or give them a DPS reduction to make up for it.
Each classes is beatable, the problem with Sins and Operative is that initial burst from stealth in Arenas, where once you are dead you are out, it becomes a broken feature.
I am sure making different classes not stack for BW is near to impossible, but making similar classes in form (DPS to DPS) not stack should not be that hard and game breaking as in waiting for a lot in que.

In a perfect World BW would not have these problems as in reality SR is more about practicing, and TR would be the fulcrum of it all, but unfortunately for Swtor it has turned out to be the other way round.

JediMasterAlex
11.15.2019 , 07:39 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by limenutpen View Post
Yes stacking up classes is a huge problem. It was said a lot in last season, with Mercs / Commandos stacking up on Darth Maglus. Off course if you have two Sins (and most are running in Deception) it is a problem, in ten seconds you or one of your team mates would be death.
I did some Arenas, and then it became annoying to have three sins, and two sins and an operative or the other way round. Seven out of ten games where like that.
Then you have the other problems having off healing classes stack, when it is two OH they can heal quite a bit. Off healing should be nerfed, or give them a DPS reduction to make up for it.
Each classes is beatable, the problem with Sins and Operative is that initial burst from stealth in Arenas, where once you are dead you are out, it becomes a broken feature.
I am sure making different classes not stack for BW is near to impossible, but making similar classes in form (DPS to DPS) not stack should not be that hard and game breaking as in waiting for a lot in que.
Yes, class stacking is a big part of the problem. It's not strictly a balance issue, but really a matchmaking issue. A lot of us have been begging Bioware to tweak the matchmaking so that it takes classes into account. Hopefully they'll do it.

UltraFlashStar
11.16.2019 , 04:09 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Yes, class stacking is a big part of the problem. It's not strictly a balance issue, but really a matchmaking issue. A lot of us have been begging Bioware to tweak the matchmaking so that it takes classes into account. Hopefully they'll do it.
Yeah, class stacking is a problem. Yesterday, I got into a ranked match with 4 Scoundrels in my team (3/4 of them were running Volatile Strike with the best exception of me running Ruffian). Instantly destroyed their Sage DPS in 3 GCDs. Retreat come back. Another down.
Coppes Spacer
“Let me play you a sad song on the galaxy’s smallest xantha.”

JediMasterAlex
11.16.2019 , 08:41 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
Yeah, class stacking is a problem. Yesterday, I got into a ranked match with 4 Scoundrels in my team (3/4 of them were running Volatile Strike with the best exception of me running Ruffian). Instantly destroyed their Sage DPS in 3 GCDs. Retreat come back. Another down.
Yeah. It used to be stacking mercs. Now it's stacking ops/sins. Whoever has the most stealth has a huge advantage. We can only hope Mike B is paying attention.

septru
11.18.2019 , 01:49 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
In context though. The opposing sorc was trash. Couldnt kite to save his life. And you had three of the best operatives in the game on your team.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw