Which class should i boost to 65

beerpounder

I like to do both solo and group stuff. Other mmorpg games like wow etc. ive enjoyed tanking but still want to be able to solo stuff as well when i cant find a group. I made a new character which is a Sith Juggernaut only level 10 but i played along time ago as a Commando level 55 atm. Also can i boost my level 10 or i have to make a new character? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you :)

• 1 month later...
I like to do both solo and group stuff. Other mmorpg games like wow etc. ive enjoyed tanking but still want to be able to solo stuff as well when i cant find a group. I made a new character which is a Sith Juggernaut only level 10 but i played along time ago as a Commando level 55 atm. Also can i boost my level 10 or i have to make a new character? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you :)

In my opinion, tanking classes are best for soloing, so that that makes Guardian/Juggernaut, Shadow/Assassin, and Vanguard/Powertech.

Now, depending on if you care about the weapon your character uses, and the faction, you can single out some classes. Of the listed classes, the Juggernaut is my favourite to play, but the Guardian is my favourite class, because of the story, Clone Wars, and how it's pretty much KOTOR 3. Guardians/Juggernauts, I think, were the most OP class in PVP during Patch 4, I don't know if it was nerfed in patch 5. Don't choose a class because it's currently the most powerful as Bioware and EA will probably change that to balance the classes out. Shadows/Assassins have stealth, and Assassins use lightning, which is pretty cool. Shadows also have some pretty cool Force attacks that I think looks better than the lightning. I haven't played Vanguard/Powertech very much so I wouldn't be able to tell you what I think of the class. The Bounty Hunter story is pretty lacklustre, in my opinion, but I've heard a lot of people like it. The Guardians/Juggernaut and Vanguard/Powertech use heavy armour, while Shadows/Assassins use light armour. This makes a slight difference in combat. This isn't a very in depth breakdown, mostly because I play for Star Wars, and not competitively. In the end, you should just pick a class that suits your play style and stands out to you, whether it's the story, abilities, companions, weapons, etc. It's also pretty easy to level your characters now so you shouldn't stress too much when choosing a class. And they are adding some new features to allow you to transfer end game armour between toons.

• 2 weeks later...

Im drawn to advanced classes that can compete as 2 of the 3 roles, it gives you a lot more options when joining PVE groups and gives you all round ability which will help your team in PVP

JUG, MERC, SORC or Operative is what I play 99% of time - both PVP and PVE

These would be my recommendations for your next role

• 4 weeks later...
Unless it is a class that you already know how to play, I do not recommend you using a 65 boost on a character class and spec that you are not familiar with. If anything, you should be taking the time to learn all of the classes available to you too play and see what feels most comfortable for you to play. Edited by Pzhang