Operation / Instanced Group Member Sizes

My first post... go easy.

I'm yet to obtain access to the game so am undertaking research into classes, group instances, raids, solo mission etc.

I understand that Operations are either 8 man or 16 man events, and that Flashpoints are 4 man - but have BW gave any inclining of increasing this size?

Instances in EQ were typically 6 people... and raids up to 72 people back in the day. Even EQ2 has 24 man (to some, that was too little). I understand this game primarily is aimed at WoW'ers but 16 man raids doesnt pitch much scope for extremely detailed tactics (obviously not zerging lol).

What I mean is... of the hardcore/endgamer mmo's I have played, if 1 person out of 72 messed up; then it was a struggle. Everyone had to be on their a-game to deserve a win. If there are only 16 people; whos to say raiding wont be a complete breeze... ?

I'm happy to take on board rationale for keeping it 16 max; and hopefully some of you could ease my qualms as I've never raided with a team that small; for me it was all about size.

I primarily play to raid... just want to ensure my money, time and effort isnt going to waste if operations are going to suck baws.

Help me see the light.

Cheers,

Storm.

It appears that this game is designed for people to have fun playing, unlike Everquest. If you'd like to work for the entire day only to gain nothing and have no actual fun, I recommend buying a jeep wrangler with over 300k miles. Its kinda the same thing.

It appears that this game is designed for people to have fun playing, unlike Everquest. If you'd like to work for the entire day only to gain nothing and have no actual fun, I recommend buying a jeep wrangler with over 300k miles. Its kinda the same thing.

Kind of what I was expecting... but with no actual thought. Cool.

This made my day! :)

:rolleyes::ph_good_post:

My first post... go easy.

I'm yet to obtain access to the game so am undertaking research into classes, group instances, raids, solo mission etc.

I understand that Operations are either 8 man or 16 man events, and that Flashpoints are 4 man - but have BW gave any inclining of increasing this size?

Instances in EQ were typically 6 people... and raids up to 72 people back in the day. Even EQ2 has 24 man (to some, that was too little). I understand this game primarily is aimed at WoW'ers but 16 man raids doesnt pitch much scope for extremely detailed tactics (obviously not zerging lol).

What I mean is... of the hardcore/endgamer mmo's I have played, if 1 person out of 72 messed up; then it was a struggle. Everyone had to be on their a-game to deserve a win. If there are only 16 people; whos to say raiding wont be a complete breeze... ?

I'm happy to take on board rationale for keeping it 16 max; and hopefully some of you could ease my qualms as I've never raided with a team that small; for me it was all about size.

I primarily play to raid... just want to ensure my money, time and effort isnt going to waste if operations are going to suck baws.

Help me see the light.

Cheers,

Storm.

While I don't agree with you OP, I won't troll you like the others.

I definitely understand your perspective (I come from EQ/EQII as well). As i've done more MMO's, though, I've come to enjoy raiding in smaller groups MUCH more because I get to have a whole raid of only my tight-knit friends. It has been a really good experience for me to bond with my RL Friends this way without having to have a lot of extraneous people to fill the ranks.

So anyway, I wouldn't be against larger raids as long as the smaller raids were also an option.

I havent fought any of the worldbosses yet, but they are not instanced - hench you can bring everyone, his dog, his speeder and his wookie, and the dogs companion and the wookies companion, a vendor, the vendors vendor and their companions!

If its needed tho, is another part of the same question... :confused:

however I would like to see the groupsize for flashpoints and open world increase.

As it is now, its better to run 2 man + companions, over 4 man.

Edited by Firekins