Who's coming back in 2.4?

Bonsaikitten

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cmon, Skyrush, this thread is amazing, it's like a microcosm of rich detail, how did all these people get to this point? how does the server interact together? what is all the things that make people tick? how did this thread come into existence at this very moment in such a way as this? the roots that people had made people grow a certain direction, all of them coming together today in this thread to engage in the art of keyboard gymnastics and psychological warfare.

edit: to add... this is the very essence of this server, and the game. without the investment that people put in that create threads like these the game would die it's final death, leaving behind a casual empty core.

it's one of a kind.

Edited by Gorgzen

I've never claimed anything in this game because it is in fact a game and I play it for enjoyment. SWTOR =\= life, and if it did/does to you then fair enough - I'm not here to judge.

What I will say on the matter however is that like Gerikke I have been sought after by many top teams, even before ranked warzones were introduced (you will remember this yourself, Feta) and I have stayed in those guilds (extreme, fubar, drama, coral fyi) until they died - with the exception of Drama because:

1. I had got a job working nightshift, which meant I couldn't play all the days Drama wanted me to play;
  2. At the time of being in Drama the Marauder spot was contended by another when I could play;
  3. And because I wasn't playing with Drama as regularly as I had liked I had decided that after two of the original people I'd moved there with from FUBAR had decided to stop playing (you, Feta, and Xzarnyan) that I'd make my own move to another team who'd never really sought me out (hai Coral) and play for them, casually, when I could.

If being sought out by other teams is the same thing as the Dunning-Kruger effect then yes, it applies to me. :)

Calling me outright delusional is just bad play from you Feta, I would have expected more from you than that, considering our history (HEX DROID REPRESENT), however allow me to re-quote my original post:

Notice the highlighted segment in bold: the statement suggests present tense, and therefore you have failed in the interpretation of my original message - last I checked you did not play ^^ - and your entire reply, in fact your entire involvement in this thread, just shows how far this community has fallen when it has to resort as desperately as it has to the past and the need of acknowledgement from it even now when there is but a slither of the players left from those days.

Don't you have anything better to do? Like, I dunno, spacebot levelling and getting banned? :D Hehehoho, yes I went there. Fucĸ your delusions.

/honorary salute for Hex Droid. Dang, I miss the one-in-a-lifetime-event that was when a warzone actually popped in the afternoon... :(

RIP in pieces, you magnificent server...

i give this thread 1 more day.

Then the grim reaper will take it away, never to be seen again. R.I.P thread. To the afterlife we go.

Roudy that's not a game dev. that's a community manager. Try #titters

Edited by Gorgzen

cmon, Skyrush, this thread is amazing, it's like a microcosm of rich detail, how did all these people get to this point? how does the server interact together? what is all the things that make people tick? how did this thread come into existence at this very moment in such a way as this? the roots that people had made people grow a certain direction, all of them coming together today in this thread to engage in the art of keyboard gymnastics and psychological warfare.

edit: to add... this is the very essence of this server, and the game. without the investment that people put in that create threads like these the game would die it's final death, leaving behind a casual empty core.

it's one of a kind.

yeah u might have a point there in the end.

/honorary salute for Hex Droid. Dang, I miss the one-in-a-lifetime-event that was when a warzone actually popped in the afternoon... :(

RIP in pieces, you magnificent server...

come on, we had good times... remember the PVP event on Tatooine :D

I am still missing our awesome community there...

come on, we had good times... remember the PVP event on Tatooine :D

I am still missing our awesome community there...

Never actually attended to that shizzle :p

Was trying to figure out the basics of the game, dammit! Infact, I first got into keybinding this April, believe me or not! :D

But I really miss that one warzone each night. I really do.

Come do PVE.....

DO NOT MENTION THE WORD OF WHICH WE DO NOT SPEAK OF! o.0

On-topic: Hai, Bru. I might come back depending on what the devs will do with the combat-medic tree in 2.5. Until then I am gonna continue to drool after Wildstar videos.

Edited by Uggen

This coming from you makes it hilarious. I sence a serious lack of self-distance. But 2.4 is hopefully only 3 weeks away.

Not for the defense of Gerike/D.R.A.M.A.!!!!

I am only just a nonfactor with the words of gerike.

but i have to admit whatever people say he is the best marauder at the moment.

as i far as i know he was leading top rwz team(s ?), leading their A arena team with the winning strike, unbeatable 1v1er within his class, couple of server/world records.

even if he would claim himself the best it would be a bit cildish in my opinion but at least true.

Edited by baleszka

Hmmm, Bruh being Hrrr? My view on you took a beating there, man. Too much stat padding....too much..

I'm also a bit offended that someone would think that was me, not that there's anything bad about getting mixed up with Bruh but because I think he "ego'ed" too many games on Hrr....and I did /say rage a few times on him too in games where I felt that his team could have easily have won if he had been more interested in the objective. I somewhat get that he would stat pad while pugging/leveling on the imp side, odds are that everyone els sucked at DPS, but even then I usually take a step back and try to work toward the objective, regardless of how futile it may be. You can just look at that one game where a person in here had 2300 dps on sage while I only had 1900'ish. I'm willing to bet money that I would have had close to 2500 if my intention was stat padding but I spent my time single targetting healers instead and naturally ended up with lower dps (they kept running, Los'ing etc) . Had that other person done the same we might have actually killed a few of them. And that was a game that was a given win but even then I'm not going to stray from my original game plan. Also, I never tunnel or look for 1 vs 1 scenarios unless I absolutely have to and it serves a purpose, I despise both, but it's seemingly the only way of making a name for yourself in this game.

Edited by MidichIorian

Hmmm, Bruh being Hrrr? My view on you took a beating there, man. Too much stat padding....too much..

I'm also a bit offended that someone would think that was me, not that there's anything bad about getting mixed up with Bruh but because I think he "ego'ed" too many games on Hrr....and I did /say rage a few times on him too in games where I felt that his team could have easily have won if he had been more interested in the objective.

Hah yeah sounds like me. Padding and tabbing. Also I'm a "badie", "tunneling wh0re" but the best one I got in a civil war was "no way, tojtl is so much better than you" when I claimed to beat Tojtl in duels. I see you are disappointed in me, but I've never claimed to be a grand champion of anything, and I never will. It seems like we got other people taking that job! I'm just here to tickle corvegos.

Edited by Bonsaikitten

I'm also a bit offended that someone would think that was me, not that there's anything bad about getting mixed up with Bruh but because I think he "ego'ed" too many games on Hrr....and I did /say rage a few times on him too in games where I felt that his team could have easily have won if he had been more interested in the objective. I somewhat get that he would stat pad while pugging/leveling on the imp side, odds are that everyone els sucked at DPS, but even then I usually take a step back and try to work toward the objective, regardless of how futile it may be. You can just look at that one game where a person in here had 2300 dps on sage while I only had 1900'ish. I'm willing to bet money that I would have had close to 2500 if my intention was stat padding but I spent my time single targetting healers instead and naturally ended up with lower dps (they kept running, Los'ing etc) . Had that other person done the same we might have actually killed a few of them. And that was a game that was a giving win but even then I'm not going to stray from my original game plan. Also, I never tunnel or look for 1 vs 1 scenarios unless I absolutely have to and it serves a purpose, I despise both, but it's seemingly the only way of making a name for yourself in this game.

I find it extremely hilarious how you will not say what your character is - but seem to despair over the fact that apparently you need high scores in warzones to get noticed. it must be because you're playing to win too much that nobody knows you? not because you remain anon.

Edited by Gorgzen