World PvP

TrumpetNut

Ok so i am on Harbinger server and I like PvPing. I am wondering if there is a location that is for world PvP on this PvE server. I once was on hoth and knocked somebody on rep side of a bridge but....

Anyway don't mention Tatooine cause nobody is ever there.. lol

Ok so i am on Harbinger server and I like PvPing. I am wondering if there is a location that is for world PvP on this PvE server. I once was on hoth and knocked somebody on rep side of a bridge but....

Anyway don't mention Tatooine cause nobody is ever there.. lol

with the death if Ilum, Tatooine is the only possibility. I'm in the same boat as you. PvE server but wouldn't mind some open world PvP locations.

Until BW decides to put PvP terminals and vendors in the open world pvp locations, no one is going to go there.

Hmm. Bioware really needs to improve the PvP factor. Many other games do better PvP and If bioware had open PvP with Maybe a fortress or somthing in the middle to be a capture point then that would be cool. Choosing which warzone ya wanna do is also biggy.

There's no place that World PvP just "happens" with any frequency, not even on PvP servers.

Bioware has made PvP mostly about gear, gear is acquired through a crap ton of coms, coms are only rewarded from WZ's. World PvP suffers because of this and will be nothing more than an occasional thing unless this changes.

How and why did Ilum die? I didn't PvP there back then. as I assumed it was for lvl 50s.

Anyway, I took a taxi to the battleground the other night and everything seemed to be in place - except for players!

They removed Illum daily and weekly thus Illum died.

If they would bring back daily/weekly Illum LagWars would resume again ;) (I would even like that. Nice break from WZ).

Edited by MelodicSixNine

Hmm. Bioware really needs to improve the PvP factor. Many other games do better PvP and If bioware had open PvP with Maybe a fortress or somthing in the middle to be a capture point then that would be cool. Choosing which warzone ya wanna do is also biggy.

This existed with Ilum.

Two fortresses with control points in between. The issue was there was no population to keep ilum alive. So, throughout the day you'd show up and there'd be one guy circling ilum to pick up the crates so he could turn in the open world pvp daily. It was dull and boring and resulted mostly in kill trading.

So they scrapped the whole idea and are "working" on redesigning the Ilum PvP.

In the meantime, Outlaw's Den is a sandbox pvp area. It is great for just hanging out and dueling, but empty because eventually you have to go back to the fleet anyway to pick up your daily/turn in your daily/buy medpacks/etc.

Both areas have their plusses and minuses. You can point fingers at the players for abusing Ilum. You can point fingers at Bioware for not putting vendors in the open world pvp areas.

On Harbinger server where is a good area where I can kill lotsa ppl besides Warzones? Outlaw's den has nobody.

It is just Awsome when you are in a huge group then a huge group of enemies pop out then its a massive battle. Epic. When does this happen? Nowhere.