What Augs will benefit a Jug Tank most when in full BH/Campaign?

Toweleeeie

Wont I hit the sweet spot on def absorb and shield with full campaign? Should i not get strength or power augs?

The thing to remember is that the end game sets are not really optimized for best performance. What that means is that you will have to buy multiples of the same pieces sometimes to get your stats right.

Edit: Here is my current tank build. Still a work in progress, although so far I have been able to tank HM TFB fairly effectively.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b1f62bb5-75cd-4680-b8c5-6f902a3d6084

Edited by BlownSi

The thing to remember is that the end game sets are not really optimized for best performance. What that means is that you will have to buy multiples of the same pieces sometimes to get your stats right.

this. they didn't design the end game set as a "buy, wear and go" design. a dev post specifically stated that they designed the gear with NON optimal stats, so mixing and matching of mods would be required to maximize performance.

so...the idea isn't to just get the high gear and then augment...the idea is to mix and match mods to reach a specific mitigation level (30/50/50 was the baseline at the start of TfB). past that you have to simply make a personal choice. Defensive stats are never bad....but if the content your tanking is doable with what you have, you could augment with damage based stats. That's a slippery slope though, as most diehard tanks feel DPS stats are akin to selling your firstborn into slavery. But coming from a realistic perspective, if you have enough mitigations to steamroll the content your currently tanking, then damage stats aren't that bad of a choice.

....or you can try more difficult content as well :) which woudl necessitate better mits....and the gravy train continues.

I use all endurance/power for HP and threat gen. But like others have stated only after I bought several pieces to min/max my gear. 26k hp 30/50/50 with exotech fort stim. I'm only full bh / campaign with 63 might hilt and 63 guardian belt and bracers. Just an alt afterall :rolleyes:

That's a slippery slope though, as most diehard tanks feel DPS stats are akin to selling your firstborn into slavery. But coming from a realistic perspective, if you have enough mitigations to steamroll the content your currently tanking, then damage stats aren't that bad of a choice.

The only problem with that is when new content comes out. But assuming you save your old pieces that you're replacing, there's no question that overtanking is wasteful if you can be doing more damage. Once you can comfortably tank the content, then completion speed is the next logical thing to improve.

Once you can comfortably tank the content, then completion speed is the next logical thing to improve.

Completely agree.

You should keep stacking defensive stats, because then healers won't have to work as hard and can do some DPS as well, and that addition will most likely be more than any tiny gain you get from stacking power as a tank.