Raid Loot Issues

So our guild is doing our 3rd raid tonight, and the last two have been plagued with SOA bugs and loot issues. I read yesterday there are still issues with SOA so I was thinking of doing 1-4 in EV and then hitting Karagga's up. Anyway, the last 2 raids we've had BIG problems with loot. Does Master Looter actually work correctly in this game because we've had issues were after the raid lead assigning gear people have not had permission to take the item from the chest.... So we've been running on round robin which is horrible. Anyone else had issues with raid loot? Any suggestions to what to do? On free for all if someone with auto-loot set opens the box do they just take everything?

Many thanks to anyone that helps.

So our guild is doing our 3rd raid tonight, and the last two have been plagued with SOA bugs and loot issues. I read yesterday there are still issues with SOA so I was thinking of doing 1-4 in EV and then hitting Karagga's up. Anyway, the last 2 raids we've had BIG problems with loot. Does Master Looter actually work correctly in this game because we've had issues were after the raid lead assigning gear people have not had permission to take the item from the chest.... So we've been running on round robin which is horrible. Anyone else had issues with raid loot? Any suggestions to what to do? On free for all if someone with auto-loot set opens the box do they just take everything?

Many thanks to anyone that helps.

The 2 issues we have seen are the access like you said or the game auto assigning the items to people. Then the access issues. Mind you the access issue only happens on chests. One guild found and we tried it that promoting the person to raid leader allows them to loot the item. This is time consuming.

If any other raid guilds care to share how they are getting around some of these issues that would be great.

I saw a screen shot of a guild taken down the 16man Nightmare final boss and the loot was not auto assigned.

No way around auto-assigning. However, at current, since you cannot disable auto-assign, leaving loot set to round robin (which still auto-assigns all but schematics and biometric things) alleviates the chest bug. Autoassign only goes away in hardmode and up. Edited by Deviantsoul

Loot is auto-assigned in normal mode - in hard mode and nightmare mode, it is all available for roll / master looting.

This actually doesn't change an inherent issue we're having, namely that people with the gear or better gear are getting items in normal mode looted to them that they aren't using because they have better.

I would prefer that some system be thrown in whereby the raid leader could toggle the loot master to full raid leader control over full game control. It is very disheartening to bring people who need gear and see the game assign loot to very geared people who have no need of it.

That, or there needs to be a short window where items are tradeable (no more than 15 or 30 minutes).