Scared to Level Crew Skills

Edryk

With the bug causing resets to crew skills, I'm scared to level. I waited until today hoping that it would be addressed based on the last patch notes:

Players will no longer have their Crew Skill ratings of 601 or higher be reset to 600 upon login or activation of a Crew Skill Mission. Anyone who first experienced this issue prior to 0100 UTC on June, 25th will now find their rank restored to its pre-reset value. Anyone who first experienced this issue since then will be addressed in our next patch.

My crafting skill was at 615, and reset down to 600. I didn't lose too much. But what will happen when it gets 'fixed' next time. If I start leveling above 615, is it going to revert back to 615 again? Meanwhile, people that were at 700 and got bugged can't craft now? Seems like a long time to let this go on. Some communication about the fix would be nice.

Edited by Edryk

Ah yes... "communication". We have dismissed that claim.

I would suggest waiting until at least 6.1.2b (whenever that comes, if ever). Since Bioware has been totally silent on the nature of the original (non?)-bug, and the clarification of the current "bug?" seems to have some carefully chosen words, we will have to wait till the next fix to see and gauge ourselves what is the state of post-600 crafting. Are they doing away with 500k requirement entirely? Were they going to reinstate it, but mucked it up, and will do away with it in the next patch? Are they allowing people who are post-600 to keep the level and progress further, but the rest would have to buy the unlock? A grand mystery, I tell you.

Meanwhile, people that were at 700 and got bugged can't craft now? Seems like a long time to let this go on.

My biochem reverted to 600 and indeed, I cannot craft anything that requires high-level biochem now. No cell gels, no adrenals or medpacks. They are still in the crafting menu, but have something like Biochem (650). Naturally, I am displeased.

When I logged into one of my crafters who paid ages ago and cranked to 700 ages ago as well, *after* 6.1.2a was released on the day of the event, the skills weren't reset to 600/600.

Neither were any of mine. Does this "bug" affect only the actual Crafting Skills, such as Cybertech, Artifice, etc. or is it all Crew Skills?

I have read reports from people that purchased the advanced training again after 6.1.2 and proceeded to relevel their skills only to have them put back to 600 with 6.1.2a. I would advise not trying to relevel your skills.