Level 20 PvP gear

Admonitor

I started PvPing at level 11 and have about 1000 commendations. I noticed the Jedi Knight PvP vendor has some level 20 items that look like they're pretty decent. At the moment I'm level 17 but some of the items on sale like implant, ear slot, look good at least given that I've not found any items for those slots through questing.

Are these actually worth getting at level 20 or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks!

They are pretty good for their level. If you already have 1000 warzone comms, I'd definitely think about getting them as you should spend the comms on somehting if you PVP often.

The next set of PVP gear doesn't come til L40 (IIRC), so there is a large gap where there is little to buy (other than ranked comms).

Edited by Infalliable

In general, I'd recommend just converting your PVP commendations and convert them into Ranked Commendations (at least, as much as the limits allow). Then when you turn level 50, you might be able to get into better gear quicker. The under 50 'boost' that the game does to level the playing field makes any specific gear more/less unnecessary (not too mention you'll be playing in zones with people who just started playing and don't know details, strategies, hiding places, etc).

In general, I'd recommend just converting your PVP commendations and convert them into Ranked Commendations (at least, as much as the limits allow). Then when you turn level 50, you might be able to get into better gear quicker. The under 50 'boost' that the game does to level the playing field makes any specific gear more/less unnecessary (not too mention you'll be playing in zones with people who just started playing and don't know details, strategies, hiding places, etc).

He is lvl 17... cant buy RWCs till level 40...

But he can stockpile WCs up to 2000 or something (forget the precise hard cap) ... I'd still recommend that over gear purchase...

I disagree, there is no point stockpiling from lv.17, he's reach his cap within a few levels, better to gear up and just stockpile from Lv.30-35 onwards.

They're not the greatest, but they can still be pretty decent, especially if you've only got greens or nothing at all in those slots -- not uncommon with implants/earpieces at 20.

Also, the modifications from the orange gear can go in any slot (unlike the level 50+ gear), so if you have other orange pieces you can often buy the cheapest orange piece and put the armoring, mod and enhancement in those for best results.

This also applies to orange gear that drops in Flashpoints or from Missions, as long as it has stats that are good for you you can move the mods over.

But, please don't be that fool that runs around in a mix of other people's gear....

Edited by Ancaglon

Besides being a good set for being at level 20 a lot of the PvP sets are good looking too. When you get into the grind of the later levels you can keep upgrading a good looking PvP set while others run around in their hodgepodge set made of item drops.

11-20 Buy your 20 set and put the rest to packs from the PVP vendor this will net you a lot of stims and adrenals that you can use or sell for 100K per stack of 99 vendoring the gear also earns some good extra pennys.

20-35 buy your entire 40 set so its in your bank waiting for you to get to 40.

35-40 cap to 2750 warzone comms buying packs when you hit cap back down to 2000 comms.

Ding 40 and be at 39 valor when you do equip your already bought 40 set, get to 40 valor, convert all 2750 banked comms to ranked comms.

40-50 ranked comms ranked comms and more ranked comms Idealy you want to be at 4500 ranked and 2750 warzone for when you ding 50 If you cant be then just be as many ranked as you can but you absolutely want to have 2750 normal for when you ding.

This allows for the following

3 pieces of war hero gear 2 can be converted to Elite War Hero I personally don't see the point in this as some of the stats are actually worse due to stat make up and even those that are right is just a 4% gain.

What I did despite the horrible conversion back is.

3 WH items with your normal comms, convert your ranked back to normal warzone for another 2 pieces this gives you 5 war hero pieces of 11 the very moment you hit 50.

wz adrenals and medpacks whenever you near the comms cap

This if you already have the lvl 20 items you want, move onto getting the lvl 40 items you want. Then when you have all that spend everything else on adrenals and medpacks until you hit 40 then convert into ranked comms. They store up the max for right before you hit 50. Then you can usually buy a few elite war hero items and almost a full set of War hero, and have the medpacks and everything for plenty of rounds of PvP.