No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I only very very rarely see those.

I rarely ever see that kind of stuff as well. As most people would agree, since they use the tool happily. If the tool was such a miserable experience there would be more of an incentive for people to form there own groups. Alas, facts speak very loudly on this issue and LFD is a positive experience versus the alternative of spamming for groups manually.

You....very very rarely see it.

Prove that it doesn't happen more.

The burden of proof is on you since the majority of people gladly use the X-LFD instead of the alternative. Also, you hate the tool so much yet you've used it sufficiently enough to garner all these negative experiences, that just demonstrates you have a laden bias and can not be trusted to present an objective opinion.

Edited by Touchbass

So you spend all your time looking?

I have no idea what you mean by "all your time looking". Honestly I don't. Do you mean I spend all my time on WoW looking for groups on the cross realm LFD? No. Do you mean I spend all my time IN dungeons looking for jerks? Of course not..

Honestly I have NO idea what you're on about.

and YOU, YOU, say it happens. Prove it does without using SOLELY the forums.

Because lets face it, the forums are used as a mouth piece to ***** and moan about things people don't like. They're not going to go to the forums to say "Oh my god I was just in a dungeon run and everyone was nice and all the bosses died quickly and it was amaing!" No, they're only going to go to the forums to ***** when something they dont like happened.

If you're going to claim that it happens in every dungeon (and that's what the person I'm responding to claimed, that you can't do a wow lfd group without at least one of those), then a single counter example is enough to disprove the claim.

it's pretty elementary...

anyway, I've run more than 1000 lfd groups that were me queueing solo, and probably another couple hundred that were mostly guild or friends + some lfd pugs.

I run into someone saying that sort of thing < 5% of the time. So clearly it's quite possible to run a wow lfd without running into that; it's even pretty likely to run multiple dungeons without running into any of those scenarios.

If you're going to claim that it happens in every dungeon (and that's what the person I'm responding to claimed, that you can't do a wow lfd group without at least one of those), then a single counter example is enough to disprove the claim.

anyway, I've run more than 1000 lfd groups that were me queueing solo, and probably another couple hundred that were mostly guild or friends + some lfd pugs.

I run into someone saying that sort of thing < 5% of the time. So clearly it's quite possible to run a wow lfd without running into that; it's even pretty likely to run multiple dungeons without running into any of those scenarios.

Is there a way to check how many times you've done a random dungeon? I havn't played in about a year or so, give or take a couple months, and I only had ONE really bad experience that stuck with me, and that was only because of the hilarity of the situation. I was running one of the lich king heroics - One of the three that were released when the last raid of the expansion was - It was me and four people who where all guildies. I was a tank death knight, but I'm good enough at this point most people said "Sigh, not another fail knight" then shut up when I did top DPS as a tank -and- kept aggro off everyone -and- was a breeze to heal but thats beside the point. Anyway, they kept insulting me through the entire run, I didn't let it bother me, then they kicked me before the last boss. I required and got another group a second later.

No idea why that one stuck with me but, yea thats the ONLY ONE TIME I can even remember specifics.

I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.

I have to agree, it is a horrible idea. Anonymity alone w/o any repercussions is what the LFG tool will produce. I think as an alternative BW should merge shards, it wouldnt even bother me to have a 5min que to login during peek hours.

The LFG tool will be more work, long que times, break community down, and eventually people will just drop greed/pass options, and we will need all loot to compete w/companion/vendor need looters.

The benefit to no LFG tool atm stands as a sort of repercussion for harassment, ninja looting, and overall jerk force field../ignore on a shard will add up over time, the "jerk" will be left with difficulty finding groups.

-Merge 2-3 shards together

-Global lfg (could be already, run with guild so idk)

-open AC change (do it for like 1mil creds or something)

-open dual specs within a AC

problem solved, while retaining the community

Edited by Wetworks

Yeah, when we look at problems associated with the X-LFD they are from several categories that tend to get lumped into one.

1) Person is purposely trying to destory a run to recieve pleasure from it

2) Person is refusing to move and not perform his role due to a disagreement

3) Person is being hostile to another player and trying to insult him or get him removed

4) Person is being a negative influence on the group and the group responds in kind

5) Person feels threatened by anothers remarks (malice or not) and behaves poorly

6) Person is rude to another member of the group but life goes on

7) 2 groups members get in a disagreement over something trival that esclates into one of the more serious situations above

Typically the problems people experience are #6, they are not pleasant but they are not serious issues. What happens is people react and it esclates the problem to #4 which in turn further esclates the issue to #1, or #2. Typically it's very rare for the more serious problems to occur but when they do that is what the kick vote is in place for. The problem is people use the kick vote for #7 when they aren't suppose to, so it's not available to them when they really need it.

Edited by Touchbass

Yeah, when we look at problems associated with the X-LFD they are from several categories that tend to get lumped into one.

1) Person is purposely trying to destory a run to recieve pleasure from it

2) Person is refusing to move and not perform his role due to a disagreement

3) Person is being hostile to another player and trying to insult him or get him removed

4) Person is being a negative influence on the group and the group responds in kind

5) Person feels threatened by anothers remarks (malice or not) and behaves poorly

6) Person is rude to another member of the group but life goes on

7) 2 groups members get in a disagreement over something trival that esclates into one of the more serious situations above

Typically the problems people experience are #6, they are not pleasant but they are not serious issues. What happens is people react and it esclates the problem to #4 which in turn further esclates the issue to #1, or #2. Typically it's very rare for the more serious problems to occur but when they do that is what the kick vote is in place for. The problem is people use the kick vote for #7 when they aren't suppose to, so it's not available to them when they really need it.

1 already happens.

2 is solved by vote to kick

3 see 2

4 player problem, don't feed the troll!

5 see 4

6 as you said, life goes on.

7 see any of the previous on the list.

1 already happens.

2 is solved by vote to kick

3 see 2

4 player problem, don't feed the troll!

5 see 4

6 as you said, life goes on.

7 see any of the previous on the list.

Yeah what I meant to convey was the majority or problems are #7. The serious problems are numbers 1-3 but they rarely happen and they can be remedied very quickly by a vote kick. Having a healer yell "go go" is not a serious problem when compared to the gravity of not being able to find an instance at all. I would like it if the X-LFD was more of a community tool but I understand what is and that is why I use it and love it for what it does. Even my guild loves the tool, we roll with 3-4 members and love the hassle free of picking up strangers is.

Also, random idea for those who say "It ruins communities. You're only grouped with people who'll never see again!" But -also- people who say "there are no repercussions to it!" I suggest this.

Cross realm, account wide friend and ignore list. So, say you meet this awesome dude. Both of you get along amazingly, add him to your friends list, but he has to accept it. From then on he can see you under any character you make, and vice versa. Something like the REALID thing, only..WITHOUT GIVING OUT YOUR REAL NAME. Just make a screen name specifically for it.

Same goes for ignore list. If you ignore someone account wide. Any character that either of you make cannot communicate or group with each other. If someones an *** to you, account-wide block them, never worry about them again. If they're an *** to enough people, they get longer and longer queues.

No, the problem exists in many situations including: the other people don't like your gear, your name, your class, the way you look, the fact you are here and they want to bring their friend in for the last boss...etc.

I've never been kicked for my name, class or how I looked. Also, thanks to Blizz's constant innovation of their features, groups can no longer invite people into the middle of a run.

I've never been kicked for my name, class or how I looked. Also, thanks to Blizz's constant innovation of their features, groups can no longer invite people into the middle of a run.

I've been kicked for my class/race combination, because I made my blood elf death knight into my main. But that was because people are ignorant, and I still never had a problem finding groups or getting things done. It was a slight annoyance, nothing more. and that was -maybe- once or twice during the first week or so of WOTLK when -everyone- hated BE DKs.

I have to agree, it is a horrible idea. Anonymity alone w/o any repercussions is what the LFG tool will produce. I think as an alternative BW should merge shards, it wouldnt even bother me to have a 5min que to login during peek hours.

The LFG tool will be more work, long que times, break community down, and eventually people will just drop greed/pass options, and we will need all loot to compete w/companion/vendor need looters.

The benefit to no LFG tool atm stands as a sort of repercussion for harassment, ninja looting, and overall jerk force field../ignore on a shard will add up over time, the "jerk" will be left with difficulty finding groups.

-Merge 2-3 shards together

-Global lfg (could be already, run with guild so idk)

-open AC change (do it for like 1mil creds or something)

-open dual specs within a AC

problem solved, while retaining the community

u r wrong,

merge servers wont work,

cause in my time zone there is not enough ppl,

BW should provide a free server transfer system,

A game shouldnt design to bind player on one server.

Do real GLOBAL LFG , it means crose ALL servers LFG,

ALL players who sub can find ALL others(one can find the other 1.7 mil), that's the real solution.

I am asking this as a sincere question. What community?

ToR does not have one to ruin. Everyone is basically playing ToR as a single player game, locked away in their own story lines and easily solo-able instances. Other players may as well all be NPCs running around in the background.

I agree with this guy. It's kind of hard to ruin a community that doesn't exist as it is. Want to run instances with your guild? Great, but give the rest of us an opportunity to do them.

I agree with this guy. It's kind of hard to ruin a community that doesn't exist as it is. Want to run instances with your guild? Great, but give the rest of us an opportunity to do them.

I'm on a fairly large server, you can't find a group leveling at the moment outside of guilds and the /fleet channel is a cesspool. A global channel won't work cause people are going to abuse it with more flith. Really hoping Bioware gets on the board with this soon, otherwise subscriptions are giong to decline dramatically