Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choosing Your Choices: SWTOR and Story Skipping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Choosing Your Choices: SWTOR and Story Skipping

xordevoreaux
11.26.2020 , 03:38 PM | #31
Get rid of restrictions on the personnel holoterminal on our Odessen stronghold, done.
Let us bring back anyone and everyone, regardless what we did.

Because that's how we want to play our way.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
Play the Electronic Arts game Sims4 much? Need a new schmazzy fireplace retexture or really classy piano update?
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Tseeva
11.27.2020 , 12:55 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Even if they did this for those who want it, many of us would still play so we can pick our LIs anyways. So if they're worried no one will play it anymore they shouldn't be. My main reason for replays is to see my favorite romances again. The only time I'd skip would be to get to a new romance option.
Yes that is a draw to the game that wouldn't be harmed by allowing people to pick at least light/dark choices while skipping.
The main reason for me for allowing at least the light/dark toggle to be a deciding factor when skipping is the characters that I've played through vanilla and made LI and other choices I would want to keep with the light/dark choices I had already made. It makes no sense to skip kotxx as an imp if all my choices before were light sided and vice-versa for pub going dark side. The choice to go light or dark is a huge part of the game; by making imps only dark side and pubs only light side when skipping is a back hand to those who want to skip that part of the game; feels like it's a punishment. It doesn't induce me to play through kotxx; that's not happening. It deters me from going to new content at all.

=-=-=-=-=-=
My referral link is Here.

How do you benefit? Go to this page to find out.

RameiArashi
11.27.2020 , 01:35 PM | #33
Even with skipping available:
I took darkside jedi shadow through it all so he could kill everybody allowed including Theron (I will never do that again) he also dumped his girlfriend to matry Lana.

I took a sith warrior through it all so he could keep Vette romanced and side with the Republic at Iokath but Empire at JUS so hls old friend would be Emperor.
I took female r sith warrior through to Iokath and conspiracy to keep Quinn romanced.
I look female bounty hunter through so she would stay romanced with Torian.
I took an imperial agent who turned double agent through Iokath and conspiracy so he could side with Repulbic at Iokath and then again in JUS.
I am working on getting a loyalest agent through it all so he stays romanced with Kaliyo.
I took a trooper all the way through Iokath and conspiracy to keep his romance with Elara Dorian
I have not yet took a female troo[per through it all to keep her romance with Aric Jorgan
I took a jedi through it all so she could romance Theron
I am working on a bounty hunter romancing Koth.
so yes people would still play through to keep romances and or because they want to control who runs the Sith Empire or because they want to switch sides at Iokath before the make that choice again at JUS.

Tsillah
11.27.2020 , 06:17 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Tseeva View Post
I would like to keep this topic alive as it's an issue for me.
I am one of those who agree with SteveTheCynic and want "at the very least they should have made it based on your alignment toggle."

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
I dunno which will come first but the solution for me could go two ways. Either they do let you pick what choices you made or they streamline it to the point where playthroughs become more bearable and it's no longer a big pain in the rear end. Two things will have to be handled in that respect: Flash Points that are part of the story and Sky Troopers.

It was a mistake to make FPs part of the main story line and they've persisted with it. They need to undo that somehow. Then the endless waves of sky troopers and filler content. The chapters in KotFE/ET should be about twice as short to play through, instead of being bogged down in these exercises in futility. It might take more than just sky troopers but you get the idea.

And somehow I doubt they can streamline that much but a guy can hope right? Alternatively people should get to pick the main events, kinda like Mass Effect did. But either way, SoR is annoying basically because of those FPs that you have to slog through every single time. And KotFE/ET has FPs and too much filler combat that just keeps you from progressing through them smoothly and quickly. And then beyond that there's more FPs. I don't even remember doing Iokath but also that place was full of filler combat.

Ossus finally got better in essence. So really anything from SoR to Ossus (but not including Ossus) needs to be streamlined and/or get the option of picking choices. They made them stories undesirable for too many players and they need to make a solution for it. If they want the content to stay relevant in the long-term then they need to streamline a lot. If that's too much work then make skipping a better experience.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Tseeva
11.28.2020 , 12:30 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I dunno which will come first but the solution for me could go two ways. Either they do let you pick what choices you made or they streamline it to the point where playthroughs become more bearable and it's no longer a big pain in the rear end. Two things will have to be handled in that respect: Flash Points that are part of the story and Sky Troopers.

It was a mistake to make FPs part of the main story line and they've persisted with it. They need to undo that somehow. Then the endless waves of sky troopers and filler content. The chapters in KotFE/ET should be about twice as short to play through, instead of being bogged down in these exercises in futility. It might take more than just sky troopers but you get the idea.

And somehow I doubt they can streamline that much but a guy can hope right? Alternatively people should get to pick the main events, kinda like Mass Effect did. But either way, SoR is annoying basically because of those FPs that you have to slog through every single time. And KotFE/ET has FPs and too much filler combat that just keeps you from progressing through them smoothly and quickly. And then beyond that there's more FPs. I don't even remember doing Iokath but also that place was full of filler combat.

Ossus finally got better in essence. So really anything from SoR to Ossus (but not including Ossus) needs to be streamlined and/or get the option of picking choices. They made them stories undesirable for too many players and they need to make a solution for it. If they want the content to stay relevant in the long-term then they need to streamline a lot. If that's too much work then make skipping a better experience.
I don't know how they'd separate the FPs but they could reduce the stormtrooper-spam and there's been other posts about streamlining or reducing that mind numbing whackamole effect which would be an improvement. However there's so much content that it would still be prohibitive. Even spacebaring through cutscenes I'd still be subjected to story I don't want to play. A combination of streamlining and options to skip individual kotxx chapters with decision choices (toggles?) as you go through would go a long way to solving this issue for me. A girl can hope right?

=-=-=-=-=-=
My referral link is Here.

How do you benefit? Go to this page to find out.

SteveTheCynic
11.28.2020 , 04:04 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by RameiArashi View Post
I am working on getting a loyalest agent through it all so he stays romanced with Kaliyo.
Stick with this one. The KotFE Chapter II/III Love Interest letter from Kaliyo is a real prize, totally unlike all the others, but in that way that only Kaliyo can do, and the reunion itself is totally in-character for Kaliyo.
I have not yet took a female troo[per through it all to keep her romance with Aric Jorgan
I've managed to break it off with Aric in favour of Lana on four different Troopers. It turns out that even if you don't finish the romance in the class story period, if you go down the romance path and play through to the end of the class story without ever talking to him again after that, you end up having to reunite or break it off.

I did do the romantic reunion with him on one character, but she later fell victim to the Delete button.
so yes people would still play through to keep romances and or because they want to control who runs the Sith Empire or because they want to switch sides at Iokath before the make that choice again at JUS.
Absolutely for sure they would.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

OddballEasyEight
11.29.2020 , 05:17 AM | #37
The only issue I have with my "skipped story" characters is that I can't seem to get to Makeb to do the GSI missions with my Imp...

It seems that I can only get to the crash site, and since I can't start the main mission, I can't get to any other place on the planet.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.