ADVANCED POLYBIOTIC MEDPAC MK-2 Exploit ???

Collec

So I just found out this today,but you can use Advanced Polybiotic Medpac MK-2 in wz's. Is this an exploit? I think it is...it doesn't say on medpac that you can't use it in wz's and it isn't greyed out like adrenal is, but I think this medpac gives you more hp than wz medpac does. WZ medpac gives you 35% hp ,while this one gives you 44k + 11k hp over time (possibly more idk since it says something about scaling with ur lvl). I don't think number wise they are that far apart, but I still think advanced medpac gives you little more + the fact that you get 11k over time. It's not much,but it can be helpful at times.

I posted this to customer service as well,but they don't have Exploit category and they take weeks to respond and months to do something about it.

So I just found out this today,but you can use Advanced Polybiotic Medpac MK-2 in wz's. Is this an exploit? I think it is...it doesn't say on medpac that you can't use it in wz's and it isn't greyed out like adrenal is, but I think this medpac gives you more hp than wz medpac does. WZ medpac gives you 35% hp ,while this one gives you 44k + 11k hp over time (possibly more idk since it says something about scaling with ur lvl). I don't think number wise they are that far apart, but I still think advanced medpac gives you little more + the fact that you get 11k over time. It's not much,but it can be helpful at times.

I posted this to customer service as well,but they don't have Exploit category and they take weeks to respond and months to do something about it.

That medpac is subject to the trauma debuff in pvp meaning you get 30% less healing. I would recommend being in a pvp map and trying yourself.

The WZ medpac and the MK-2 have the same cooldown however, the MK-2 is also "once per fight" so if you're are in the thick of things, the WZ medpac will still become active after the cooldown is up, the MK-2 will not.

That medpac is subject to the trauma debuff in pvp meaning you get 30% less healing. I would recommend being in a pvp map and trying yourself.

I just tested it and according to the tooltip, trauma is only 15% less healing now (maybe they changed that when expertise went away?). So that medpac heals about as much as the warzone medpack, very slightly more only if you get the max health from it.

The WZ medpac and the MK-2 have the same cooldown however, the MK-2 is also "once per fight" so if you're are in the thick of things, the WZ medpac will still become active after the cooldown is up, the MK-2 will not.
The warzone medpac is also available only once per fight.

Well this is BW's response to me (which is super fast response..BW is on high alert atm since Anthem):

My name is (I deleted this person's name). Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning Advanced Polybiotic Medpac MK-2 in Warzones.

I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

All of us here on the Star Wars: The Old Republic team would like to thank you for your support, and let you know that we really appreciate your positive feedback.

We are very lucky to have fans that share our enthusiasm for great games, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy yourself in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

For any query with EA games, you can always contact us or check our knowledge base at help.ea.com for self-help options and Answers.ea.com for in-game queries.

Should you require further assistance with this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Once again thankyou for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

So their response is just a joke. Sure I don't pvp all day every day for past 6 years and classes I play reguraly I don't really look much at my utility bar. 90% of time I play this game on autopilot mode, so yeah I don't know all things. And also of course people won't share everything, because in case something turns out to be an exploit, they wouldn't be able to do it anymore.

Edited by Collec

Why do you think it's an exploit? As far as I know you've always been able to use regular medpacks in warzones (oldtimers feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Warzone medpacks give you the instant guaranteed 35% heal which is more effective the higher your hitpoints are.

Medpacks give you the rng instant heal (lower than the warzone medpack once you're over 130k hitpoings), plus the extra heals over 15s. Which is potentially higher than the wz medpack, but not by much, and takes time to kick in.

It's a toss-up which medpack is actually better overall for pvp.

The main advantage I find is that it's one less thing to have/change on the quickbar when you can use the same reusable medpack for pve and pvp.

(Note: you use the same stims for pve and warzones, it never occured to me to think there was a reason not to have the medpacks usuable in warzones either)

Why do you think it's an exploit? As far as I know you've always been able to use regular medpacks in warzones (oldtimers feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Warzone medpacks give you the instant guaranteed 35% heal which is more effective the higher your hitpoints are.

Medpacks give you the rng instant heal (lower than the warzone medpack once you're over 130k hitpoings), plus the extra heals over 15s. Which is potentially higher than the wz medpack, but not by much, and takes time to kick in.

It's a toss-up which medpack is actually better overall for pvp.

The main advantage I find is that it's one less thing to have/change on the quickbar when you can use the same reusable medpack for pve and pvp.

(Note: you use the same stims for pve and warzones, it never occured to me to think there was a reason not to have the medpacks usuable in warzones either)

Because adrenals (not red wz ones) are not usable in pvp, I just thought this also wasn't usable. And i always just used wz medpacs from start of game. That and those red wz adrenals. And only time I really cared about numbers and gear was at start. 35% is 35%. If you look back in the day,when we had 15k-20k hp 35% was 35% of your highest hp (and when they raise hp bar again,you'll get better medpac as well) . I remember when I poped my stuff to get single deliverance 6k heal . Now it's just boring mindless gameplay.

But again, I think that if it's not wz thing,it should not be usable in pvp. Remove grenades and all that ****.