Add the fscking deserter debuff allready

Libertine

as the topic says, im sick and tired of having half my team quit 2min. into a match

and while youre at it gimme the option when queuing to "not join warzones in progress".

right 95% of the time i join a warzone its a match thats allready lost where people quit.

getting fscking sick of it ... played 7 matches today, only 2 werent in progress ...

EDIT: why the hell does your forum automatically change "g*dda*n" to gosh darn ... i dont say gosh darn...i never use that retarded phrase for a reason ...

Edited by Libertine

as the topic says, im sick and tired of having half my team quit 2min. into a match

and while youre at it gimme the option when queuing to "not join warzones in progress".

right 95% of the time i join a warzone its a match thats allready lost where people quit.

getting fscking sick of it ... played 7 matches today, only 2 werent in progress ...

EDIT: why the hell does your forum automatically change "g*dda*n" to gosh darn ... i dont say gosh darn...i never use that retarded phrase for a reason ...

I agree. Although you're unlikely to get a positive response with this approach.

How much of it is really people dropping WZ because they are scared to loose, and how much of it is the dang respawn bug where if you don’t get out in time you are kicked. I’m all for a penalty if people quit WZ’s in progress but please fix that bug first.

How much of it is really people dropping WZ because they are scared to loose, and how much of it is the dang respawn bug where if you don’t get out in time you are kicked. I’m all for a penalty if people quit WZ’s in progress but please fix that bug first.

In most cases I have observed:

1. You start with 8 people, but the team sucks and 1 or more rage quit in a short period of time, as the OP said, 2 minutes or less. I've seen people rage quit with only 2 minutes or left in a match as well, only to have someone come in for the last minute or even few seconds, free comms for them.

2. Game starts with only 6 or 7, and the other side has 8. This causes rage quits as well and even matches ending early due people leaving cause of the numbers.

Starting a game with 1 or 2 less then the other side is almost always a guranteed loss, even if you fill up to 8 a little later int he game, the damage is done in most cases.

Can't wait for deserter penalty.

Force me to stay, that ok, I'll just stealth over here and read while I wait for the game to end.

Having seen this argument over and over, the complaining goes like this

1. Add Deserter Penalty.

2. Add AFK detection.

3. Add Better AFK detection.

4. Add protection against Bots.

It ends at 4 because there is no valid way to stop a botter, the bots just keep getting better and better. Then Bioware has to implement a form of spyware that tells the servers what other programs are running on your computer. Sadly this program only reads the Program name, and is piss poor at dectection. The bots continue, and everyone loses. People tired of being stuck in a game thats already lost buy or pirate the bots, and this become more and more prevalent.

Or you could just add a surrender option. Not everyone is a fight till the last man is standing kinda person. I personally don't like having my time wasted.

Edited by Kyrandis

Yeah, no.

I just joined a 11vs10 Voidstar with people abusing the door glitch. I left. Should I stay locked out of warzones for X minutes now for leaving a game where people are openly exploiting with no consequence?

A debuff like that will make sense when these blatant exploits reported for quite some time now have been fixed, till then I'll just keep on leaving.

Force me to stay, that ok, I'll just stealth over here and read while I wait for the game to end.

QUOTE]

Pretty much this. I hate huttball, and leave it everytime. But there are also other mechanics in play like getting dc'd, environment bugs, huttball long hallway kick, no speeders in Alderaan, cheating door ****s in Voidstar, AFKers, 11k HP-35 level green players, gunslingers who take cover with their back to the point and ninja capped...If I am forced to play under those conditions, I'll do what I did in WoW, afk in some corner.

I'm paying $15 a month to deal with those issues. If I can't leave games like that, I'll see you in a cargo container in the Pit.

I acutally don't mind losing if the game is nice and clean and close, but with the sheer amount of exploiters(speed hacks, Voidstar door-LOS activation) and bugs I can't be asked to waste my time.

I would say maybe 1 out of 7-10 people is the bug, and there rest is people leaving. You cannot give the option to someone to join already in progress or not it leaves all those people in it high & dry. I would say 1/3rd of the time the replacements turn the match around.

If you choose to leave a WZ & actually exit you should be locked out for 30 minutes.

Its the internet, sorry. Now for a guildy, that fine I'll stay. Randoms no. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

As I said, you never cared about anyone but yourself. Perhaps you shouldn't queue up with anyone but people in your guild then.

And you hiding in the corner is wasting your time, something I would be GLAD to do.

Edited by EternalFinality

I leave a wz if the team sucks, i am the person you hate, add in the debuff and I will just log into my alt and send some missions, get in another warzone, which i may or may not leave, by the time I leave (if i do) i can log off the alt and back on my main to play another

easy peasy... playing with idiots to let people farm me... fail

I leave a wz if the team sucks, i am the person you hate, add in the debuff and I will just log into my alt and send some missions, get in another warzone, which i may or may not leave, by the time I leave (if i do) i can log off the alt and back on my main to play another

You won't be able to enter as many warzones. Other people will be partially protected from you.

That is a good thing.

And I would love for you to have to waste your time juggling accounts.

As I said, you never cared about anyone but yourself. Perhaps you shouldn't queue up with anyone but people in your guild then.

Not everyone is always on. I'm sorry but I have no personal stake at risk with randoms. After about 3-4 minutes of the match most of the time its pretty obvious whether you're going to win or lose. Call me an ******e, but the rest of it is just wasting my time.

Right now I just leave the game and try to find a better one. I win cause I get a new match, you win because you'll get someone who'll try. But add deserter penalty and force me to stay, you get to keep me. Your curses will go on deaf ears because I'll turn off the chat log. All the while I'm humming and reading my book.

*bump

I have less problems with people leaving early before the Warzone starts rather than during / mid. Usually, people entering midwarzone tend to follow suit and leave immediately.

Rated Warzones and Deserter buff would help a lot, but then again I only see myself doing random warzones for the daily/weekly and sticking to guild rated warzones at that point for the remainder.

wot i dont get is why people leave this crap who is getting medals and valour a aste. so wot u loose, if u do well u can still get around 1k valour and 60-90 commendations. just suck it up finish the game take u creds/comms and valour and start a pre made that way your gaurenteed 4 good people

people like you are the exact reason why

1) needs deserter penalty

2) needs harsh sanctions(eq. BAN) for afking

you dont want to be helpful then dont play fscking warzones, youre just ruining it for the rest with your looser attitude.

Because once you reach valor 60, who cares about valor or coms. You can only get your BM bags from the daily/weekly.

I don't mind the debuff, but not till the put in a "this match is over" vote. This way when the score is 5 to 0 in the first 2 minutes and the rest of the match is farming. The losing side can end it.

playing with ppl like you = fail tbh. you want a good team faier enough get a bad team and disrepect them for me is silly. u cant always control who you get and with ur method, u cant be that high ranked or if u are think bout the rank you could be had u stayed in all thopse lost crappy warzone grops and claimed your valour comms nad creds.

your attitude towards pvp kind of suggests your once of those people that think pvp is a way of life that ur better than everyone. like u said your the person people hate an i never pvped with u and im glad i havent ud prob be on ignore really quickly.

onew final note and this guys comments is the exact reason cross server pvp will ruin the fun for casual pvpers. ull have hardcore pvpers like this disrespectting anyone and everyone that isnt hardcore like them and they dont think are as good as them and then quit the group coz they cant be arsed to stay few more mins for there comms and valour

Right now I just leave the game and try to find a better one. I win cause I get a new match, you win because you'll get someone who'll try. But add deserter penalty and force me to stay, you get to keep me. Your curses will go on deaf ears because I'll turn off the chat log. All the while I'm humming and reading my book.

Good. You sitting there for 10 more minutes periodically having to look up and tap forward is exactly the kind of inconvenience you deserve. Turning off the chat log to hide warms my heart.

Eventually it'll just get to be too much of a hassle and you'll stop pvping with randoms altogether. Your loathsome presence forever purged from the general pool, thanks to deserter.

people like you are the exact reason why

1) needs deserter penalty

2) needs harsh sanctions(eq. BAN) for afking

you dont want to be helpful then dont play fscking warzones, youre just ruining it for the rest with your looser attitude.

I'm just saying deserter will worsen the problem. No offense but not everyone is a tryhard. And don't mistake my demeanor with doesn't try at all. But it is beyond pointless to fight a battle that is lost. Whether if I'm unsure, or sure we're going to win, I play at the top of my game, I kill, put out top DPS, protect healers, help capture or capture objectives. But I don't do pointless efforts. If you want to find a way to stop the leavers, you'd better give them a reason to stay, not force them to stay. Either that or allow them to leave or the game to end early.

Funny thing is, the ones who give up 2 min. in are usually dead weight. Had a couple now where the quitters left to be replaced by some better players and we turned it around.

So deserter buff is needed in some form, but what would be better is a replacement mechanic where another (if available) can take your place. Almost a queue in a WZ to get out?

Because once you reach valor 60, who cares about valor or coms. You can only get your BM bags from the daily/weekly.

I don't mind the debuff, but not till the put in a "this match is over" vote. This way when the score is 5 to 0 in the first 2 minutes and the rest of the match is farming. The losing side can end it.

atually u can go beyond rank 60 i beleive as rank 65 u can get a speeder

Good. You sitting there for 10 more minutes periodically having to look up and tap forward is exactly the kind of inconvenience you deserve. Turning off the chat log to hide warms my heart.

Eventually it'll just get to be too much of a hassle and you'll stop pvping with randoms altogether. Your loathsome presence forever purged from the general pool, thanks to deserter.

No offense but I did this in wow.

AFK in Battlegrounds all the while I was playing halo. There is no looking up, its me taking my hand and pushing a key. All the while I get my honor/comms. A week later I was ready to do arena back in BC.

Deserter solves nothing, it only adds more AFKers. Instead of replacing the person that all he wants is a new game, you force him to stay. He stays, and is not willing to put forth any effort.

Note that I have never done this in League of Legends. Why because that game has the option to surrender after a while. Which is the answer to the problem, not deserter.

I'll leave this thread with this statement.

Hate me all you want, but I'm just telling you whats going to happen. I know what I am going to do if this fail deserter system happens. And I know I am not alone.

Edited by Kyrandis