Request for changes to even out mid-level sentinel progression

Dyvim

At 20, a dps sage can healx2, ccx2, force armour anyone, and range dps very well with no need to build focus. Range can make very nice armour, especially if mobs are aoe'ing your tank. These thing makes a big difference in how long a sage can keep their tank up. At 20, a Sentinel can do...none of that for T7.

Yet BOTH classes need their tanks. So it isnt surprising that leveling a sage, and other classes, is much more fun than leveling the less capable sentinel, especially in the 20's, 30's. This disparity in survivability and utility is undeniable at this level range.

So I would make 3 simple changes to start to even things up.

1) Make the 28 Droid CC a full CC and have it replace leg slash at 16. If BW thinks that this would imbalance pvp, then make it a pve only full CC. Slaving a class to pvp balance at the expense of pve balance, without trying to workout design solutions is unacceptable, IMO. Most people are not going to pvp...and you can get close to both.

2) Move leg slash to 18 in place of Crippling throw. A melee snare is all but useless in PvE. Yet we get it in the teens?

3) Move Crippling Throw to 28 in place of the Droid CC. Again a heal debuff is all but useless in mid-level pve...why do we get it in the teens? We have 30+ more levels of pve to go...

I would also like to see Leg Slash and Crippling Throw switched in range...make the snare ranged, and the heal debuff melee. So that is a 4th suggestion, but not really important for PvE. A 5th suggestion would be to work smoldering winds back into the Watchmen DoT tree. I liked the aoe skill based off cauterize from several beta builds ago, it just needed a little more umpfh.

This will not effect the 50 loadout, and a ranged snare is certainly more useful. I think these changes will START to help the mid level progression. No class is a CC class. No class has the corner on it, so it is hard to understand why one class (Sage) gets TWO before level 10, and another doesnt get a half-arsed, droid only cc, until 28...

Thx.

Hey Dyvim.

I see you are still banging the same drum.

Your opinion is noted and there are as many people who disagree with you as agree with you both in terms of the strength of the Sentinel and more importantly the fun that it is to play.

That being said as I have mentioned before the changes you have made would not drastically alter the class though I can’t see how this sort of balancing would be a priority in the grand scheme of the games release.

Hey Dyvim.

I see you are still banging the same drum.

Your opinion is noted and there are as many people who disagree with you as agree with you both in terms of the strength of the Sentinel and more importantly the fun that it is to play.

That being said as I have mentioned before the changes you have made would not drastically alter the class though I can’t see how this sort of balancing would be a priority in the grand scheme of the games release.

Hey Venator,

Yeah, I am persistent. I wasnt aware there is any debate, say at level 20. There is no contest and the difference is stark, as I point out. I am going to play all the classes, so I dont play favorites. I want them to all be fun, balanced, and evened out through there progression.

So, yeah, I'm banging the same drum b/c the disparities still exist. High priority compared to keeping the servers up and getting everyone into the game? No. But they have scores of peeps working on the game in different teams. Hopefully there is one team tasked with progression/balancing issues. So yeah, as long as the issue remains, I will call attention to it. :p Sentinel is my main after all. I like a challenge, and now that its live, it is what it is.

Cheers.

Edited by Dyvim