Ranged abilities.

minikeen

Howdy folks!

I'm in the early access, and have levelled my Sentinel to level 18. I'm just wondering - do we get any kind of ranged ability at any point? I've been PvPing a little, and found that I keep getting knocked back with no real way of dealing with it. I can save my Leap cooldown for post-knockback, but I'm ruined if it happens again. I just seem to be spamming Leg Slash and trying to keep in contact with enemies.

Is this something I shouldn't worry about till later levels? I guess it might very well be, but I don't really like the feeling of being completely immobile when I'm a Jedi. Seems somewhat counter-intuitive.

I assume we probably get a saber throw or something later on, but haven't really checked. Wondering if anyone else that's played further can allay some doubts that I'm having anyway.

Beyond this little niggle, I'm having a great time with the Sent though. Smashing stuff with 2 lightsabers == good times for all.

There is a few 10m range specials (Blade Storm, Crippling Throw) but Leap is the only true "long range" attack.

Depending on your spec, Sentinel gets a decent ammount of movment increase/snare/mobility manipulation rather than outright CC's and long range attacks.