Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should We Just Join the Private Discord Channel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should We Just Join the Private Discord Channel?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stradlin
03.16.2021 , 04:03 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Discord is the new kid on the block but the idea and implementation are not that young; TeamSpeak and Ventrilo are nearly 20 years old each.
In practice discord is a massive spiderweb of text based chatrooms at least as much as it is a voice communication service. TS and Vent both had text based chat features, but all of that was way too restricting and clumsy on both to be viable or popular in any larger scale. Making sure people setting up rooms or servers have pretty good tools for building and maintaining the community is the singular big, new thing about discord I guess.

ceryxp
03.16.2021 , 07:10 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Discord is the new kid on the block but the idea and implementation are not that young; TeamSpeak and Ventrilo are nearly 20 years old each.
Discord is basically the modern AOL. They just need to add @discord domain email.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

JackieKo
03.16.2021 , 09:13 AM | #183 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
As this conversation has become an echo chamber, I am locking this thread. I try to be fair when it comes to discussions where there are a variety of opinions on a given topic and allow voices to be heard, but this conversation is going nowhere. There are also insinuations that are disrespectful towards multiple parties including our team, and I am not going to tolerate that. Be respectful. To each other, to the community/player base, and to my team.

Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]