A Harbinger Hamster Dying This Morning

Talon_strikes

Just got booted off the server. Server selection said server was down for "maintenance". Was in a WZ and everything had been almost frozen for like 15mins prior to that. Please address devs.

I may have been in that WZ, too. It was the strangest thing. One moment I was helping to take a pylon in a Hypergate, the next I couldn't get a skill to go off and kept getting the red X. Eventually made it into the center, but then boomeranged back to the rock wall.

So, yeah, any chance of fixing Harby anytime soon, devs? There aren't any queue pops on any other server I play on this time of night. I wouldn't mind getting another match or two in.

Then again, I may just go to bed. :/

I just tried to log on now. It didn't even get to my character screen. I booted me to the server selection screen, tried to click Harb but it froze on me and said some sort of error occurred. The it locked up my whole PC. Edited by Boracis

I dont recall WOW have servers randomly crashing at 5 and a half years in...in the beginning yeah we crashed a lot but WOW broke new grounds everyday..

By 2+ years in they got their act together .

There are 10 times as many servers several million playing and they rarely have server issues.

I love star wars I have since 1977 at age 12. But it does sicken me to place STAR WARS in the same planet as EA.

When death of a loved comes the pain begins, it is never ending and forever.

My Wife Kim

12-3-69 / 01-20-2017 age 47 / 24.5 years married

This pain never ends it eats at you. The deeper the love the truer the love the worst it hurts My heart is gone.

Thank you my guild who has supported me since that day. A total stranger I am but many of the women in the guild have cried with me.

The pain even right now has me in tears...it is how life must me now.

Len

I dont recall WOW have servers randomly crashing at 5 and a half years in...in the beginning yeah we crashed a lot but WOW broke new grounds everyday..

By 2+ years in they got their act together .

There are 10 times as many servers several million playing and they rarely have server issues.

I love star wars I have since 1977 at age 12. But it does sicken me to place STAR WARS in the same planet as EA.

When death of a loved comes the pain begins, it is never ending and forever.

My Wife Kim

12-3-69 / 01-20-2017 age 47 / 24.5 years married

This pain never ends it eats at you. The deeper the love the truer the love the worst it hurts My heart is gone.

Thank you my guild who has supported me since that day. A total stranger I am but many of the women in the guild have cried with me.

The pain even right now has me in tears...it is how life must me now.

Len

You must be new here lol. Harbinger has had issues like this for years. Lately it's either been Harbinger or East coast servers having issues lately especially due to the data center migration affecting the coast servers

THIS morning? I've been playing this game since launch and this stuff hasn't got one iota better. I've never played an mmo with more downtime than this one (especially unscheduled)...not even close.

EA, the back-to-back Golden Poo winners. Extracting as many micro-transactions is what they care about. Making a decent game for their PAYING subscribers is not their concern.

Maybe try sending and email to SWTOR Support as noted in this thread? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9341339#edit9341339

It might help get Bioware on it sooner :)

Why should anyone have to send anything? Aren't they paying professionals to monitor this stuff?

Maybe if you're an "influencer" and make a post it pops up on their friends list and you get a quicker response?

Oh please stop with the anti-Influencer crusade. They are doing far more good than any harm to the game.

The Devs are people too, they aren't all knowing and some goodwill and help from the community is needed to help in keeping the game run smooth. Don't look at it all black or white.

EA, the back-to-back Golden Poo winners. Extracting as many micro-transactions is what they care about. Making a decent game for their PAYING subscribers is not their concern.

No kidding, apparently their concern is to be well liked on the internetz...have you seen this ridiculous "influncer" crap? Sounds like something a 22 year old with no life but watching youtube videos, posting on facebook, and subscribing to every podcast known would come up with.

Oh please stop with the anti-Influencer crusade. They are doing far more good than any harm to the game.

The Devs are people too, they aren't all knowing and some goodwill and help from the community is needed to help in keeping the game run smooth. Don't look at it all black or white.

Uh no...

No one should have any more influence on the games direction than anyone else who's giving up cold hard CASH to keep it going. Anything else is just a wish to be liked or an emotional crutch for the Devs.

I actually saw a post where a Dev (can't remember which one now) actually ADMITTED they don't listen to negative feedback. Imagine if every company adopted this kind of emotionally handicapped attitude....

The best way for them to avoid negative feedback is to do their jobs and keep the servers up and the game running smoothly so that people are actually PLAYING it instead of complaining about how they're not playing it...

Edited by Narasil

Now I do agree with most of your post Ylliarus but you know as well as anyone, these type of problems are occurring far to many times and as of late. There are STILL issues in the game that have not even been addressed since 3 years ago. So the gripe people have seems a little more creditable. We can send all the emails and tickets we want, but when it falls MORE on deaf ears than the opposite peoples nerves get a little frazzled. Just saying ;)

Edited by Boracis

Uh no...

No one should have any more influence on the games direction than anyone else who's giving up cold hard CASH to keep it going. Anything else is just a wish to be liked or an emotional crutch for the Devs.

I actually saw a post where a Dev (can't remember which one now) actually ADMITTED they don't listen to negative feedback. Imagine if every company adopted this kind of emotionally handicapped attitude....

If you are so displeased with what the Influencers do then go and start your own channel, podcast or blog, put in the effort to it and we will see if you will be so negative about the Influencers then. Do you have any idea how much dedication, effort and love for the game it takes them to do what they do?

Also, do you realise the influence they have over the game is 100% and purely based on player feedback? Their viewers, listeners and readers are SWTOR players who pay cash just like you and me, so whatever the Influencers give in feedback to the Devs is player feedback.

Edited by Ylliarus

Now I do agree with most of your post Ylliarus but you know as well as anyone, these type of problems are occurring far to many times and as of late. There are STILL issues in the game that have not even been addressed since 3 years ago. So the gripe people have seems a little more creditable. We can send all the emails and tickets we want, but when it falls MORE on deaf ears than the opposite peoples nerves get a little frazzled. Just saying ;)

I do get that and I understand the frustration, but having some patience and goodwill towards the Devs will do much more good than starting to throw accusations everywhere. I too am a player and subscriber of the game, I too want to be able to play smoothly and without issues, but when things do break down you'll get more good out of being patient and kind than the opposite.

Just my luck. I log off for a little nap and some food, and come back to my server being down.

*twiddles thumbs*

guess I'll play something else tonight then, pity this seems to happen when I have a night off to stay up late lmao.