Star Forge or Satele Shan ( Republic or Empire ) - Population

Tyralianus

Hello Guys and Ladys ;).

Star Forge or Satele Shan

On which Server of this 2 are more Republic / Empire Players?

( Play atm on Satele Shan as Empire Bountyhunter - and on Fleet i can be happy when i see 40 others or so ).

So is the Republic Population on Satele Shan higher? ( so switch to this side? )

Or better move my Bountyhunter to Star Forge? ( because Maybe higher Population here? )

I ask this because i Play most of the time PvE ( Flashpoints and so on ) - and dont want a Long "Queue time" ;)

The easiest - but perhaps, slowest - way would be to simply create a new character on Star Forge and see how it goes. This would also account for the population at the particular times you play, rather than just in general.

I'm on Star Forge and the waits for Vet mode GF pops is usually fairly short. MM FPs and all Uprisings are relatively long waits - but that's at the times I play.

These threads can go for days answering such a question.

Bioware doesn't release server population numbers, never has. At one point there existed details per server about light/medium/heavy load, but that went away.

People argue back and forth as to the validity of looking at population numbers on fleet, what time they look on fleet, can't see the real numbers for everyone packed in their strongholds, the list goes on.

You will get opinions, not facts, for an answer.

JediQuaker has the best idea. Roll a toon and see for yourself.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Hello Guys and Ladys ;).

Star Forge or Satele Shan

On which Server of this 2 are more Republic / Empire Players?

( Play atm on Satele Shan as Empire Bountyhunter - and on Fleet i can be happy when i see 40 others or so ).

So is the Republic Population on Satele Shan higher? ( so switch to this side? )

Or better move my Bountyhunter to Star Forge? ( because Maybe higher Population here? )

I ask this because i Play most of the time PvE ( Flashpoints and so on ) - and dont want a Long "Queue time" ;)

From my perspective, Star Forge is more populous for both factions. I rarely play on Satele Shan any more, so I may not be up to date.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Star Forge's population is inflated due to RP.

Satale Shan is more casual in my opinion

If you want to support this game you will keep legacies on both servers. Transferring a char from one server to the other improves your legacy as you will retain the highest rep and unlocks while acquiring the hight rep and unlocked from the destination server.

Since they destroyed my beloved Ebon Hawk it has been Starforge and Republic... always Republic

Shadowlands and Jedi Covenant should have never been merged with Ebon Hawk

All servers which started out as RP servers should have been merged with Ebon Hawk.

The remaining servers should have been merged with Harbinger.

I am not anti-RP. I miss Ebon Hawk. Many non-RPers played on Ebon Hawk to get away from Shadowlands and Harbinger

• 3 weeks later...

Having re-subbed a week or so ago I'm contemplating taking advantage of the discounted transfers for the reason of group finder pop frequency particularly on the pub side. SS formerly Harbinger used to be the quintessential activity server but now I question that on my revisit.

I totally agree with everyone's comments on how difficult it is to determine. Too crowded is definitely a thing on planets but as I type this I'm the only person on Manaan.