May Producer Live Stream Wrap-up

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in to the stream. If you missed it, here is a recap!

Community Topics

• Chapter 13 is live! - We know there were some connection issues yesterday, thank you everyone for sticking with us while we worked through them. All of that should now be resolved.
  • Ranked PvP - I posted about it before, but know that we are actively seeking out hackers and win-traders who are trying to ruin the spirit of fair play in Ranked PvP. We are also looking to fix the Bolster issue in 4.5.
  • Collections unlocks are 50% off until next Tuesday!

Featured Community Contributors

Check out some of these videos from around the community:

• Swtorista and Ootinicast -

• TOR Fashion -

• Vulkk -

• xLetalis -

• Congratulations to the
    !

June Subscriber Rewards

• Subscribe by June 1st
  • Eternal Empire Patroller Speeder
  • Early Access to Chapter XIV

Chapter XIV: Mandalore the Avenger

• Assault a massive enemy fortress with Shae Vizla, Torian Cadera, and the Mandalorian clans!
  • Uncover the secret mechanism controlling the Eternal Fleet.
  • Coming June 1st
  • Broonmark Recruitment Mission

Also, don't forget about all of the contests and craziness going on in May! Thanks everyone, see you next time.

-eric

Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in to the stream. If you missed it, here is a recap!

Community Topics

• Chapter 13 is live! - We know there were some connection issues yesterday, thank you everyone for sticking with us while we worked through them. All of that should now be resolved.
  • Ranked PvP - I posted about it before, but know that we are actively seeking out hackers and win-traders who are trying to ruin the spirit of fair play in Ranked PvP. We are also looking to fix the Bolster issue in 4.5.

Featured Community Contributors

Check out some of these videos from around the community:

• Swtorista and Ootinicast -

• TOR Fashion -

• Vulkk -

• xLetalis -

• Congratulations to the
    !

June Subscriber Rewards

• Subscribe by June 1st
  • Eternal Empire Patroller Speeder
  • Early Access to Chapter XIV

Chapter XIV: Mandalore the Avenger

• Assault a massive enemy fortress with Shae Vizla, Torian Cadera, and the Mandalorian clans!
  • Uncover the secret mechanism controlling the Eternal Fleet.
  • Coming June 1st
  • Broonmark Recruitment Mission

Also, don't forget about all of the contests and craziness going on in May! Thanks everyone, see you next time.

-eric

Is Wednesday, June 1st the official launch day for chapter 14, or is it the first day of early access?

For work related reasons I couldn't tune in to the live stream but one question I've really wanted to ask recently is: is there any possibility of the companion limit for strongholds being increased? My secret Yavin base can't hold everyone.

Edit: idk if this is where I should direct this question I was just incapable of attending the live stream to ask.

Edited by DeltaBos

Is Wednesday, June 1st the official launch day for chapter 14, or is it the first day of early access?

This is my question, too. I would like to know if I'll be able to reunite with Torian a few days early since June 1st-6th I won't be able to play.

Another very lacklustre stream with nothing new or interesting announced.

I guess it gives the sense of interaction with the community ( even if you answer no questions ) but it really does seem like a waste of time unless there is some interesting developments etc. to go over or you'll address recent concerns and/or questions.

I guess though since you advertised you would do these streams you are more or less obliged to do them regardless.

Maybe June will bring some news as it did last year. :)

I guess it gives the sense of interaction with the community ( even if you answer no questions ) but it really does seem like a waste of time unless there is some interesting developments etc. to go over or you'll address recent concerns and/or questions.

I guess though since you advertised you would do these streams you are more or less obliged to do them regardless.

I've stopped wasting time watching them. I get the same stuff from the forums that I do from the stream. A whole lot of nothing.

Where's the content? This was the first stream not to talk about any new content other than Story I believe. Is there nothing being planned for the next update? Up to now some sort of feature was either in the patch or announced for the patch then delayed. This is the first time I don't see anything to get excited for in the live stream.

That stream was an embarrassment. You write this letter promising all this new content and all these great things, and then follow it up with nothing. Do you honestly expect us to take you at your word after all all the failed promises you have made over the last 4+ years. Your word means nothing.

The chapters are nothing but cutscenes. Do you really expect people to stay subscribed to this game and pay a monthly fee to play an MMO which gives nothing but cutscenes. Why would anyone do that?

Edited by kvandertulip

The chapters are nothing but cutscenes. Do you really expect people to stay subscribed to this game and pay a monthly fee to play an MMO which gives nothing but cutscenes. Why would anyone do that?

Because the story is awesome, I really hope they continue with the chapters :tran_smile:

The Chapters are nice, some are strong some are weak.

But sorry why again another Fur Companion? After the Wookie now the Talz, and in my opinion that are the 2 Companion that i never wanna have on one of my Imperial Chars, would nice if we would have the chance to decline, and getting the real Chance to choose who comes with us and who not. that would be what i call chooses that matters.

Because the story is awesome, I really hope they continue with the chapters :tran_smile:

^This.

The Chapters are nice, some are strong some are weak.

But sorry why again another Fur Companion? After the Wookie now the Talz, and in my opinion that are the 2 Companion that i never wanna have on one of my Imperial Chars, would nice if we would have the chance to decline, and getting the real Chance to choose who comes with us and who not. that would be what i call chooses that matters.

I doubt it's a coincidence that Bowdar, Blizz, pseduo-Khem, and now Broomark have all been recruitment mission characters - they are all characters that BW doesn't need to record new voice actor dialogue to include, so I suspect that helped keep costs down a bit.

Hey folks,

Community Topics

-eric

Snowstorm Assault Speeder still at 1000CC to unlock, no sale on Platinum items?

I personally find the livestream interesting enough. I'm also not expecting any big reveals while we're in the middle of an ongoing expansion. So I appreciate the info concerning upcoming companion availability, sub rewards, specials, etc.

I also appreciated the links in the wrap-up. Thanks, Eric!

I personally find the livestream interesting enough. I'm also not expecting any big reveals while we're in the middle of an ongoing expansion. So I appreciate the info concerning upcoming companion availability, sub rewards, specials, etc.

I also appreciated the links in the wrap-up. Thanks, Eric!

It's well past time that they could start discussing their post season 1 plans. Most games engage their playerbase with a producer roadmap once a year or so. We get a look out the producer's window.

Ben could have chose to respond to a couple of the valid concerns that were recurring themes in his open letter thread. He chose to stay silent.

Did you really need a review of the nvidia contest winners? There had already been a sticky.

They state (I think it's a bullet point on a slide) they will talk about "Community Concerns". Yet they pick safe minutia to discuss. The "community concerns" seemed to be on 3 things yesterday in chat. None were touched.

Look - how hard would it be to have looked at that stream chat yesterday and say the following:

"I see a lot of people talking about character transfer costs and server merges. I can promise you, we are watching this very closely and we may choose to take some action in the future, but as of today we aren't planning on doing anything to either the server or the transfer costs. But we are watching, and we do care."

Full disclosure: I'm not on ToFN (I don't even know what it stands for). I don't know what the server is like there. I don't even know it's a US server or not. But I do know this: There's people on there asking for help. Seemed like a bunch of them. How is that not something that someone running a stream wouldn't address? Guys - why is this even a stream at all?

We know you're reading chat, we know you're seeing it. It comes off as if you don't have the stomach to tackle it. No matter how hard you try to pretend otherwise, you guys did drop a few hundred million making an MMO. If you wanted this to be a singleplayer game you should have made one. What you are doing now is not communication typical of an MMO. You are making commercials, or recaps.... or something.

You are not using this format to provide useful information to your playerbase or addressing current concerns.

The producer of the game is steering it into a direction that is alienating a chunk of your player base and flat out driven many off. You guys feel this is a smart business decision. I get it, and you have metrics none of us do so... ok. We understand that. You feel it will net more revenue than previous models. Perhaps it is. Perhaps it may continue to.

But people that have been here for a long time have reasonable questions about the future. Ben, if you are that confident in what you are doing you should welcome the opportunity to address concerns. You don't though - you ask us to trust you.

I could actually do that if you spent one minute saying "Hey, I know there are many of you that are wondering what the future of group content in this game is. I understand."

And then either:

a) "We plan to release new Operations sometime in 2017. At least currently, that's our plan"

or

b) "We have no plans to release new Operations sometime in 2017"

Why is that a question we cannot get an answer to?

They don't answer because they don't have an answer that people are going to like. Instead of coming out and saying that they will not be making anymore operations and having the longtime core players that are still left all unsubscribe, they would much rather let those players think that down the line there will be new group content, and let them continue to pay their sub knowing full well they will not be making any new content targeted for those players. Believe me if they had any plans or news of operations they would be saying so. The total lack of communication and honesty from the community team we have seen through all of 4.0 and most of 3.0 is evidence of that. They are spineless cowards that would gladly mislead you and take your money, rather than give you honest news that might make you unsubscribe.

Edited by kvandertulip

Yeah, I don't even watch them any more. I read the write-up on dulfy a day or two afterwards, sometimes, but it never feels like I'm missing anything.

^This.

I doubt it's a coincidence that Bowdar, Blizz, pseduo-Khem, and now Broomark have all been recruitment mission characters - they are all characters that BW doesn't need to record new voice actor dialogue to include, so I suspect that helped keep costs down a bit.

Sorry, but what then do you call Kaliyo, Jorgan, Vette, Gault, Torian, Xalek, that architect Inquisitor comp who I always forget what is called and every other companion who speaks basic? We have no idea, whether it is like that, and I really don't care. In my opinion, they've done a great job. But yeah, I'm also a big fan of the story and the fact that they are focusing more on the story, rather than just implementing new content, for the sake of it. Some of the stories for the group content grew very thin already from Ilum and they didn't take advantage of how it could have developed more. Now, they are doing it good.

I'd rather have it like it is. That we aren't bombarded with every old companion returning at once, that they have a unique entry back into the storyline, instead of them all turning up on Odessen one day and saying: "Hey, we heard about this Alliance you guys made and ... oh wow, YOU'RE ALIVE!!" Seems ridiculous and thin. Especially when you think they have already put so much effort into the story. As far as I'm concerned, I see a pattern that the old companions are returning, slowly but they are coming. Might be that everyone isn't returning by the end of Chapter XVI, but there has been word of a season 2. So there is hope yet for those who's been complaining of the lack of Elara, Ashara and Jaesa.

Saw the stream, a day late as always. :(

But Torian is coming back, woot. My bh will be happy to have her husband back. I hope it's sweet like Jorgan/Trooper's reunion was.

And my Sith Warrior is getting Broonmark back. Yay! Her fuzzy hair shedding body guard! :p

I can't wait. June seems like such a long way away. *sigh*

Ah well.

Hopefully the next main LI companion to come back is Quinn or Vector or Doc. I'm dying here.

Saw the stream, a day late as always. :(

But Torian is coming back, woot. My bh will be happy to have her husband back. I hope it's sweet like Jorgan/Trooper's reunion was.

And my Sith Warrior is getting Broonmark back. Yay! Her fuzzy hair shedding body guard! :p

I can't wait. June seems like such a long way away. *sigh*

Ah well.

Hopefully the next main LI companion to come back is Quinn or Vector or Doc. I'm dying here.

I also really hope Quinn comes back soon... so I can impale him on all 40 of my toons.

This. This with a capital THIS. Why BW, why? These fur companions are my most disliked. Broonmark better have the option to end up as my rug. Or my coat. Surely you could have squeezed in a Doc, Dorne or Vector. Or let us choose who to have in OUR alliance.

It's well past time that they could start discussing their post season 1 plans. Most games engage their playerbase with a producer roadmap once a year or so. We get a look out the producer's window.

... if you spent one minute saying "Hey, I know there are many of you that are wondering what the future of group content in this game is. I understand."

And then either:

a) "We plan to release new Operations sometime in 2017. At least currently, that's our plan"

or

b) "We have no plans to release new Operations sometime in 2017"

I think you should let the silence speak for itself. If there will never be another operation in this game, will you stay? If not, then you might want to consider options where you will have the opportunity to do new group content on a regular basis. SWTOR is no longer that place.

I think you should let the silence speak for itself. If there will never be another operation in this game, will you stay? If not, then you might want to consider options where you will have the opportunity to do new group content on a regular basis. SWTOR is no longer that place.

I will stay as long as my team(s) stay, as I can find things to do. We brought a player through Revan tonight and got him title. There are still some bosses in DP nightmare I never did at level. A few players on my team still have not killed HMCM.

Stuff like that.

But - at some point I expect my teams will dissolve. There's only so many times you can run the same content, especially difficult content. A few of the other teams in my main guild now play FF, I see them in mumble but they aren't here anymore. A few of us have kicked around ideas for other games but we love 8-man content here, as long as it's new for at least one person. My main group is the most fun I've ever had in any MMO, although it's depressing when the subject of the future of the game comes up.

But - at some point when I'm down to just one team and it becomes practical to drop to preferred, I'll do that. I've already switched to month-to-month. Can't quite swing it with the number of weekly passes I'd need.

And when that team is gone I'll be too.

And it's a shame because this game could have easily sustained a profitable raid community. It was just abysmally managed in every conceivable way. And despite the fumbling, until 3.0 it was still salvageable. KotFE didn't kill raiding in this game. SoR killed it.

Edited by gabigool