Has the game revealed who is Theron Shan's father?

efffel

Nothing in game, I suppose, but I think his background materials say his father is Jace Malcolm, the trooper seen in the "Hope" and "Return" trailers.

Considering he doesn't mention Jace at all in his dialogue (that I've seen), he either doesn't know who his father is (quite possible, considering he and Satele don't have a very close relationship) or he's not on good terms with his father (also possible).

There's a book written by one of the game's writers -Drew K. -where it says Jace Malcolm. Given who the author is, I'd say this is confirmation. To answer your question though, don't think the game has said anything, but I haven't played planet stories, so maybe it is said there, but I doubt it.

Considering he doesn't mention Jace at all in his dialogue (that I've seen), he either doesn't know who his father is (quite possible, considering he and Satele don't have a very close relationship) or he's not on good terms with his father (also possible).

Pretty sure the reaaon for not telling people is for public appearance. Hard to hide relationship with Satele, but easy and best to hide his relationship with Jace. Why it does come up in dialoywould be that he wouldn't want anyone, regardless of how close they've gotten, to know tge truth.

The Annihilation novel (set around the time of RotHC or a little before, prior to Theron showing up in the game itself) deals with Jace and Theron finding out about their relationship. They aren't on bad terms, but they are both still figuring this father / son thing out. One of the official short stories posted here on the SWTOR website a few months back that gives a nice little vignette of that - Regrets.

Edited by DarthDymond

There's a book written by one of the game's writers -Drew K. -where it says Jace Malcolm. Given who the author is, I'd say this is confirmation. To answer your question though, don't think the game has said anything, but I haven't played planet stories, so maybe it is said there, but I doubt it.

I think I remember seeing a story/blog post on the SWTOR site in the run-up to the release of SoR told from the point of view of Jace where *he* mentions it.

They left open a Liv Tyler kind of story :p Theron Shan himself can't kinow for sure who his father is, so there is no reason for him to talk about it, he was raised by his mother's entourage and bears her name.

It is obvious the game developpers want to mate female jedis with troopers. I just finished the class tasks of a Jaesa-like character, you have this conversation with lt Felix and the 3 answer options to his advances are yes, yes and yes :rolleyes:

Also before SoR came out there was a blog post with a brief story of Theron and Jayce sitting down to dinner.

Edited by ZanyaCross

These would be legends and not canon, but I take it Theron Shan was introduced before the assault on Korriban,...

I could be wrong , but the game is also considered legends, so we can back stuff up using other legends material. Like I said, I could be wrong.

I could be wrong , but the game is also considered legends, so we can back stuff up using other legends material. Like I said, I could be wrong.

You are correct. SWTOR and all it;s extra materials exist in the "Legends" universe of Star Wars. So yes, we can say that Jace is Theron's father from the "canon" of Annihilation...which is an excellent novel by the way.