Bounty Hunter Shooting skills?

EdwinLi

In the intro of Bounty hunter story it is mentioned the BH is a skilled shooter with his blaster pistol.

However, throughout the skill set of BH there are few skills that actually show this part of the BH. Majority of the skill are from the gauntlet arm weapon. I know Merc path get some aspect of the BH shooting skill but I'm curious why we don't see much of this despite part of the lore of BH being skilled blaster users.

Eh ''skilled shooter'' might just mean basic attack:)

...but BH very quickly meet his/her first sith oponent and probably realizes that being good at shooting blasters only is not going to cut it:)...Don't get me wrong I imagine it definetely helps but....

...and imo he/she shows that they know their guns....imo ''power shot'' is him/her making the blaster do what they are not supposed to do. Not to mention ''Unload'' where they don't just spray and pray...

Edited by Saelinne

Eh ''skilled shooter'' might just mean basic attack:)

...but BH very quickly meet his/her first sith oponent and probably realizes that being good at shooting blasters only is not going to cut it:)...Don't get me wrong I imagine it definetely helps but....

...and imo he/she shows that they know their guns....imo ''power shot'' is him/her making the blaster do what they are not supposed to do. Not to mention ''Unload'' where they don't just spray and pray...

Wouldn't Sweeping Fire be spray and pray? Unload is single target. Seems less spray :p

Wouldn't Sweeping Fire be spray and pray? Unload is single target. Seems less spray

You are right, but I meant ''intentionally''...I assume these blasters are not fully automatic (which may be wrong assumption mind) and you are making them fire very rapidly....and still on target....so imo that is good skill to show our....skills:D

"Death from Above" also has you using your pistol(s). I imagine that's some difficult shooting right there.

That having been said, "Mystical powers are no match for a missile to the face." - Tavra Dreamchaser, The Progenitor server (Garrus FTW) ;)

"Death from Above" also has you using your pistol(s). I imagine that's some difficult shooting right there.

That having been said, "Mystical powers are no match for a missile to the face." - Tavra Dreamchaser, The Progenitor server (Garrus FTW) ;)

"Death from Above" does not use the pistol(s) to fire the missles. When you use Death from Above you can see two missle arm launchers appear on the BH arms and he or she fires the missiles from them.

"Death from Above" does not use the pistol(s) to fire the missles. When you use Death from Above you can see two missle arm launchers appear on the BH arms and he or she fires the missiles from them.

That's not what it looks like in the video here: http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes/bounty-hunter That guy shows one pistol since he's a Powertech.

That could just be an outdated animation, though. I'll turn the camera around and check next time I use it.

What si a bountyhunter?

According to lore, as well as in reality a Bounty hunter is somone tracing and arresting/killing/capturing somone With a Bounty on them.

I star WARs this means anyone can be a bountyhunter.

As for the more "specialized" role, or if you will the "class" then it would be Natural that most bountyhunters have a very versitile skill set, ans can have any and all backgrounds.

To make the role of bountyhunter fit the game, it has been made into a specific class.....however if you look at the Bounty week event, it makes us all bountyhunters regardless of class

Do you not need precision for rockets?

I think the BH is a master in accuracy as every hit is made to count. How do you think he killed so many jedi and some sith? He made sure that they where distracted that they had no chance to use force by using a overwhelming barrage of blaster attacks and rocket attacks and what ever he had in his arsenal until the opening presented itself and then with his top notch accuracy he delivered the killing blow be it with a blaster or a small rocket or a exploding arrow.

To bad this was not shown in his fight with that cyborg dude in KOTFE. That is what made him the champion of the great hunt and gave him the edge over his competitors.

The blasters stay out, but you're firing rockets from your wrists.

Hmm, I just looked and I really can't tell the difference. She looks like she's shooting those pistols to me. Oh well, ain't no such thing as too many missiles.

Do you not need precision for rockets?

I think the BH is a master in accuracy as every hit is made to count. How do you think he killed so many jedi and some sith? He made sure that they where distracted that they had no chance to use force by using a overwhelming barrage of blaster attacks and rocket attacks and what ever he had in his arsenal until the opening presented itself and then with his top notch accuracy he delivered the killing blow be it with a blaster or a small rocket or a exploding arrow.

To bad this was not shown in his fight with that cyborg dude in KOTFE. That is what made him the champion of the great hunt and gave him the edge over his competitors.

Yes. I think, more important than the Bounty Hunter's shooting prowess is when Braden says s/he has "nerves of steel". Force users have to concentrate to use their powers, and the Bounty Hunter just wears them down.